Pahokee (3-1) @ Palm Beach Gardens (3-1)

561_Fan

32-14 Pahokee at the half. Pahokee had a muffed punt that lead to a Gardens score. Gotta clean up the penalties (especially the 15 yarders) because they have extended drives. Hopefully the passing game can get on track in the second half. We graduated our top 4 WRs from last season and this QB/WR group hasn’t jelled yet 

Final. 38-30. Pahokee. After a hour and a half lightning delay the game continued. Pahokee was up 38-14 midway through the third, but Gardens kept fighting.  The refs had a bigger impact on the game than anything. It’s DISGUSTING how Pahokee gets officiated on the road in Palm Beach County…when the refs call games fair, they aren’t close. 

On to the next one.

34 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Final. 38-30. Pahokee. After a hour and a half lightning delay the game continued. Pahokee was up 38-14 midway through the third, but Gardens kept fighting.  The refs had a bigger impact on the game than anything. It’s DISGUSTING how Pahokee gets officiated on the road in Palm Beach County…when the refs call games fair, they aren’t close. 

On to the next one.

561_Fan, what problems/issues did you have with the officiating? 

5 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

561_Fan, what problems/issues did you have with the officiating? 

Every Gardens scoring drive, there were 2, 15 yard penalties on Pahokee, besides the drive after PK muffed a punt inside their own 20. Any close coverage by a PK defender was a pass interference (refs took away 2 interceptions), but the same plays were no calls on the Gardens defenders. Gardens QB threw the ball out of bound to avoid a sack, no WR close, and the called PI. PK scored in the 4th, offense running off the field, out comes a flag for holding. Second half, Gardens only had 2 penalties called and they were to obvious to ignore (blind side block) and holding when the QB was scrambling around trying throw a pass with under a minute left

18 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

Every Gardens scoring drive, there were 2, 15 yard penalties on Pahokee, besides the drive after PK muffed a punt inside their own 20. Any close coverage by a PK defender was a pass interference (refs took away 2 interceptions), but the same plays were no calls on the Gardens defenders. Gardens QB threw the ball out of bound to avoid a sack, no WR close, and the called PI. PK scored in the 4th, offense running off the field, out comes a flag for holding. Second half, Gardens only had 2 penalties called and they were to obvious to ignore (blind side block) and holding when the QB was scrambling around trying throw a pass with under a minute left

Thank you. 

On 9/29/2022 at 9:38 PM, 561_Fan said:

http://www.hudl.com/v/2JLEiA

second play was one of the questionable calls

http://www.hudl.com/v/2JLKQ1

Second play (QB zone read) took another TD

http://www.hudl.com/v/2JLtAK

the pick 6 was called back 

I am not an official, but the rushing TD clearly looks like the WR is blocking from behind, would it have made a difference on the outcome of the play, probably not, but the penalty is for doing it. I have seen a lot of those. 

The pick 6 looks like helmet to helmet contact from what I could see (the camera follows the ball very quickly). 

8 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

I am not an official, but the rushing TD clearly looks like the WR is blocking from behind, would it have made a difference on the outcome of the play, probably not, but the penalty is for doing it. I have seen a lot of those. 

The pick 6 looks like helmet to helmet contact from what I could see (the camera follows the ball very quickly). 

The pick 6, they gave Gardens possession, if it was helmet to helmet PK should’ve kept possession. The WR turned the DB on the QB run, the call was holding. The other pick was pass interference 

1 hour ago, 561_Fan said:

The pick 6, they gave Gardens possession, if it was helmet to helmet PK should’ve kept possession. The WR turned the DB on the QB run, the call was holding. The other pick was pass interference 

I said helmet to helmet, but wouldn't the call have been roughing the passer, which is why PBG kept possession?

On a side note, the grey uniforms look horrible (both PBG's tops and PK's bottoms). I don't understand schools that insist on wearing colors that aren't part of their color scheme.

Yes, my Florida Gators will eventually wear black football uniforms (they were supposed to for this year's Veteran's Day game). I still dislike them as a whole. Give me the classic colors.

8 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

On a side note, the grey uniforms look horrible (both PBG's tops and PK's bottoms). I don't understand schools that insist on wearing colors that aren't part of their color scheme.

Yes, my Florida Gators will eventually wear black football uniforms (they were supposed to for this year's Veteran's Day game). I still dislike them as a whole. Give me the classic colors.

Columbia wore black jerseys against Madison and they looked great! Especially with the purple helmet which Columbia looked good in during late 90s to mid 00s

I honestly wish the gators would modernize the helmet decal as it looks so cheap currently, there's so much they could do with it but just having gators written out seems lazy

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Columbia wore black jerseys against Madison and they looked great! Especially with the purple helmet which Columbia looked good in during late 90s to mid 00s

I honestly wish the gators would modernize the helmet decal as it looks so cheap currently, there's so much they could do with it but just having gators written out seems lazy

I don't mind the purple helmets, wouldn't even mind going to a true gold (instead of bright yellow). I just don't understand going to grey/black when those aren't your school colors.

As for the script Gators, I agree, I like the old school UF logo for a change up. (1968-78). I am ok with putting an oversized Gator on there. But there is something classic about Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Bama. 

5 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I don't mind the purple helmets, wouldn't even mind going to a true gold (instead of bright yellow). I just don't understand going to grey/black when those aren't your school colors.

As for the script Gators, I agree, I like the old school UF logo for a change up. (1968-78). I am ok with putting an oversized Gator on there. But there is something classic about Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Bama. 

Well the black has a mix of gold and purple in it, I have no issue with color meshing with alternates as long as the school colors are in it, idk if you saw the black but it did have purple and gold in it and at the end of the day the players loved it and high school sports is for the kids at the end of the day so if they happy what's the harm in throwing an alternate color out once or twice a season 

I honestly wish the gators would take the UF gator logo and put it on the helmet (like they did the game they wore the gator skin jerseys) 

Even if they don't bring the gator skin one back I would like to see that helmet make a return 

I always loved the purple helmets for Columbia and even without a decal the purple looks so much better than the yellow one with that LSU knockoff decal

I would rather them just get rid of the decal and go with plain helmets like they are with the purple as that's an upgrade over the LSU thing they normally use