Active losing streak

nolebull813

It appears Marco Island Academy is the current active leader in consecutive losses with 33 dating back to the 2017 season. This is including forfeit losses that they took for refusing to play a game. So far this is what I got 

2017 - last 2 games of the season were losses (0-2)

2018 - (0-7)

2019 - (0-8)

2020 - (0-4)

2021 - (0-7)

2022 - (0-5)

On 1/1/2023 at 10:04 PM, nolebull813 said:

It appears Marco Island Academy is the current active leader in consecutive losses with 33 dating back to the 2017 season. This is including forfeit losses that they took for refusing to play a game. So far this is what I got 

2017 - last 2 games of the season were losses (0-2)

2018 - (0-7)

2019 - (0-8)

2020 - (0-4)

2021 - (0-7)

2022 - (0-5)

Well, 2023 brings new hopes and new possibilities.

4 hours ago, Perspective said:

Nulli, just curious:  are you a Cubs fan?   :D

I've never been much of a baseball fan.  To me, baseball is much better played than watched.  However, my brief stint living in Chicago gave me a great perspective on not only the team and fans, but certainly the stadium.  Definitely a fun experience before, during and after the game.  To answer your question, yes I've like the Cubs since '98.

3 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

I've never been much of a baseball fan.  To me, baseball is much better played than watched.  However, my brief stint living in Chicago gave me a great perspective on not only the team and fans, but certainly the stadium.  Definitely a fun experience before, during and after the game.  To answer your question, yes I've like the Cubs since '98.

Thanks.  Totally explains the eternally-optimistic approach to a new season.  :D

4 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

I cant imagine they have any prospects of improving with their isolated community of very high end demographics.  That's not exactly fertile recruiting territory.  It looks like anyone who wants to play ball for a normal team will have to travel 15 miles or so to the nearest HS?

Yes it seems the kids living on Marco Island would go to Lely High. 

Marco Island Academy is a tuition free public charter so I’m not sure if the kids have to go there or can choice out to somewhere else 

Naples High is 21 miles so if you had a good football player you might want to get them in there. 

If Marco Island Academy folds their team then I’m not sure if they are allowed to go play for Naples or Lely outright