2M to see more of the same?

VeniceIndianFan

Miami Central is coming into the 2023 season with arguably their best team in school history. Loaded with 3+ star talent seemingly at every position, they are in position to win 2M once again as well as ripping the national championship out of the hands of Mater Dei. Can the Rockets achieve orbit and accomplish their dreams of being consensus national champions? Or will AHP/Gorman/Miami NW drag them back down to Earth? 

2 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Miami Central is coming into the 2023 season with arguably their best team in school history. Loaded with 3+ star talent seemingly at every position, they are in position to win 2M once again as well as ripping the national championship out of the hands of Mater Dei. Can the Rockets achieve orbit and accomplish their dreams of being consensus national champions? Or will AHP/Gorman/Miami NW drag them back down to Earth? 

I don’t think they win the natty but I do see them repeating with extreme ease anything short of that would be catastrophic result 

59 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

If they go undefeated and Mater Dei, SJB, St. Frances, and IMG all lose a game somewhere, the natty is theirs. 

I see where you’re coming from, the reason why I think that still won’t be enough is because there is not one opponent on MC schedule that is on the same caliber as a SJB, mater dei or st Frances. 

so if mater loses to SJB or vice versa especially in a close battle I don’t think they would look at that as enough to put central as #1. 

now you can argue chaminade as being a top 5 national opp for central but chaminade also got ran off the field in the battle of the champions last year after they ran through their schedule last year. But we will see.

6 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I see where you’re coming from, the reason why I think that still won’t be enough is because there is not one opponent on MC schedule that is on the same caliber as a SJB, mater dei or st Frances. 

so if mater loses to SJB or vice versa especially in a close battle I don’t think they would look at that as enough to put central as #1. 

now you can argue chaminade as being a top 5 national opp for central but chaminade also got ran off the field in the battle of the champions last year after they ran through their schedule last year. But we will see.

Chaminade was good last year but their offensive line I felt wasn't as good as Central's, which really hurt them against Gorman. Central matches up better with Gorman than CMD does. Also, SJB and Mater Dei both need to lose a game. So does Gorman. It's not easy but it can happen. 

3 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Chaminade was good last year but their offensive line I felt wasn't as good as Central's, which really hurt them against Gorman. Central matches up better with Gorman than CMD does. Also, SJB and Mater Dei both need to lose a game. So does Gorman. It's not easy but it can happen. 

On paper this game shouldn’t even be close but Gormans coaching is what’s gonna keep them in it & if I’m not mistaken it’s gonna be at Gorman. 

& let’s not remember central lost to a way less talented Gorman team in Naples the year b4 last. And central was predicted to win by DBL digits in that one to. 

either way tho I’m ready for some football man lol

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

On paper this game shouldn’t even be close but Gormans coaching is what’s gonna keep them in it & if I’m not mistaken it’s gonna be at Gorman. 

& let’s not remember central lost to a way less talented Gorman team in Naples the year b4 last. And central was predicted to win by DBL digits in that one to. 

And Central went out to Gorman in 2017 and beat them. Central is so loaded it hurts. Central is going to beat Gorman silly. 

22 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

And Central went out to Gorman in 2017 and beat them. Central is so loaded it hurts. Central is going to beat Gorman silly. 

Everyone thought that when st Francis game down here and they drug central up and down the field with no mercy. 

& that Gorman team in 2017 was one of their down Gorman teams but in reference to central on paper shouldn’t no team stay within 14 of them. 

if central loses even one game this upcoming season it would show having all these transfers mean nothing if the coaching isn’t solid and the team isn’t unified & have the same goal. 

42 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Central was without lyghtzout so idk where you got that info frm. Lyghtz got hurt against sjb was out for like 6 weeks

5 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

The city seems to be pretty competitive this year as Btw is loaded up as well as norland. Mnw has that SQUAD & Central is star studded. Its anybodys year this year imo, no one team is lacking & the coaching is up to par with the talent now. 2m most loaded class in the state if not america. Also American Heritage travels to traz to play BTW week 0. 

19 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

The city seems to be pretty competitive this year as Btw is loaded up as well as norland. Mnw has that SQUAD & Central is star studded. Its anybodys year this year imo, no one team is lacking & the coaching is up to par with the talent now. 2m most loaded class in the state if not america. Also American Heritage travels to traz to play BTW week 0. 

Yeah, they're loaded in their own ways, but how many of those teams are really in the cards to upset Central's best team in school history? Miami NW or Norland, sure. AHP? Maybe on a really, REALLY good night. But other than that, I don't see it happening. Central is just that good... 

43 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Everyone thought that when st Francis game down here and they drug central up and down the field with no mercy. 

& that Gorman team in 2017 was one of their down Gorman teams but in reference to central on paper shouldn’t no team stay within 14 of them. 

if central loses even one game this upcoming season it would show having all these transfers mean nothing if the coaching isn’t solid and the team isn’t unified & have the same goal. 

The SFA team that beat Central was SFA's best team in school history playing a Central team that was very good, but nowhere near as talented as their 2017, 2021, 2022, or 2023 squads. If SFA wants a rematch Central would keep the score MUCH closer or even win.

Alot of things have to go in Central's favor for them to win the natty. VeniceIndiansFootball touched on some key things. But as a Central alum, fan, and someone who follows the program I'm concerned about them not having a week 1 game. Reason being there are so many key matchups week 0 and week 1. They could find themselves being jumped by STA(SJB), C-M(SFA), etc. before even playing BG. Depending on what poll you look at. Yes, they get to control their destiny with C-M because they play week 5, but what if STA runs the table and MD, SJB, IMG, SFA all lose then you have to compete with STA for the natty. But we will see.

18 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

Alot of things have to go in Central's favor for them to win the natty. VeniceIndiansFootball touched on some key things. But as a Central alum, fan, and someone who follows the program I'm concerned about them not having a week 1 game. Reason being there are so many key matchups week 0 and week 1. They could find themselves being jumped by STA(SJB), C-M(SFA), etc. before even playing BG. Depending on what poll you look at. Yes, they get to control their destiny with C-M because they play week 5, but what if STA runs the table and MD, SJB, IMG, SFA all lose then you have to compete with STA for the natty. But we will see.

Your argument is true, but the most pervasive issue when trying to crown any Florida team MNC is the West Coast Bias factor. You can't just squeak past Gorman, go 15-0 and expect those drooling fools from Maxpreps, Calpreps, etc. to crown someone not named Mater Dei or SJB National Champions. You have to beat Gorman by 17 or more to shake some sense into these people. 

24 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Your argument is true, but the most pervasive issue when trying to crown any Florida team MNC is the West Coast Bias factor. You can't just squeak past Gorman, go 15-0 and expect those drooling fools from Maxpreps, Calpreps, etc. to crown someone not named Mater Dei or SJB National Champions. You have to beat Gorman by 17 or more to shake some sense into these people. 

Trust me after what happened last year, you don't need to remind me ot the west coast bias. Thankfully MP is not the end all be all. 

2 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Yeah, they're loaded in their own ways, but how many of those teams are really in the cards to upset Central's best team in school history? Miami NW or Norland, sure. AHP? Maybe on a really, REALLY good night. But other than that, I don't see it happening. Central is just that good... 

I look at it like this anything look like the greatest on paper. Like I said b4 any many times over I got nothing but mad love and respect for central and their DNA. 

but what’s on paper still has to jell & be a fit on the field. But like I said earlier central has way more then enough to breeze threw locally. 

but iMO I don’t think it would be enough to let’s see beat a mater dei, SJB, or let’s say a Rome Georgia or st Francis. This year. 

if Dillard didn’t teach me nothing else the last two years it doesn’t matter what you have on paper you STILL have to play the games. & NO! I’m not comparing Dillard to central ijs. 

1 hour ago, MC Rockets said:

The SJB that STA playing is that the the SJB that’s ranked #3 right na ?

4 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

ahp has no chance, too young. imtelling you its anybodys. The west can do it & so can btw. follow cribsports to see the transfers, they got guys & so does norland. I love cent but lyghtz is gone, I gotta see how them outta town qbs play against our speed. 

7 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

If they go undefeated and Mater Dei, SJB, St. Frances, and IMG all lose a game somewhere, the natty is theirs. 

Mater Dei and SJB play each other twice which always determines the national title like last season, SFA plays arguably the toughest schedule in the nation, IMG will most likely lose to SFA, but SFA will not come out of their schedule without a loss.

20 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

Do you think schools are scared to schedule Central. I think two OOS games would have been perfect or at least play IMG Academy again for this season.

1 hour ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Do you think schools are scared to schedule Central. I think two OOS games would have been perfect or at least play IMG Academy again for this season.

I refuse to believe all schools in the state are scared to play MC. MC is somewhat of a brand now. I don't think they go after certain teams which dumb. Why not reach out to Orlando Boone, Edgewater, Apopka, etc. And then there's the issue of where's the game gonna be played. 

3 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Not at all. Especially in the west coast. Central is a bonafide power house in the state of Florida, but they are also not the de’laselle with almost a 200 game winning streak locally and nationally.

now granted they did beat img last year but the interception that gave them the lead and the game was also points that shouldn’t have stayed up. The young man who returned that pick let the ball go before he even crossed the end zone. 

but I still give credit where it’s due they gave img all they could handle but do I think they them west coast cali boys shaking in the boots ? Lol hell na I kno mater, SJB, st Francis hell even corona centineal would line it up with them anyday.

19 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Mater Dei and SJB play each other twice which always determines the national title like last season, SFA plays arguably the toughest schedule in the nation, IMG will most likely lose to SFA, but SFA will not come out of their schedule without a loss.

Which is why I believe one of them will get it even with 1 loss because no one on central schedule is even close to a mater dei, sjb or st Francis 

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Which is why I believe one of them will get it even with 1 loss because no one on central schedule is even close to a mater dei, sjb or st Francis 

lol you got a lowkey hater tone but thats neither here nor there. bishop gorman literally almost beat mater dei last season tho, & img smash st francis. how do you suddenly figure those 3 schools are just lightyears ahead of everybody? you really dont you just dont wanna admit cent on that level. 

besides chaminade is & bg is 2 top 10 matchups plus booker t, mnw & norland having a chance to become top 25 in the nation as the season progresses. Columbus in the gmac and they top 25 as we speak. Its no doubt in my mind if they run the table they win the natty.