WEEK 1 PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I most def saw it coming but this what happens when moves are not logical or thought out but more off of monkey see monkey do. 

We need people running this state like you see in places like Louisiana, Pennsylvania, and others.

The nonsense would stop dead in its tracks if FLA leaders had a pair of nads.

Warren Easton ineligible for LHSAA state football playoffs | Prep Sports | nola.com

11 hours ago, Perspective said:

I'd be interested in the back story here.   Isn't every WR/DB on Miami Central "highly recruited?"  :P

Is this particular kid not getting starting reps at MC?  Like, even when MC is running the spread or splitting out 2 receivers on each side, this kid, as good as he may be, is still on the sidelines?  Or even when the defense is in a nickle package, the kid is still on the bench? If that's the case, and in this environment, I guess I can understand why the kid might want to transfer so that he can get game reps and improve his chances of getting a scholarship. 

There are a lot of reasons for sudden or frequent transfers. Some are valid; most are petty or outright poor.

1 hour ago, LakelandGator said:

We need people running this state like you see in places like Louisiana, Pennsylvania, and others.

Warren Easton ineligible for LHSAA state football playoffs | Prep Sports | nola.com

St. Joseph's prep in Philly has kids from three different states. Private school, but certainly not exempt from the recruiting and super team building project...

14 hours ago, LakelandGator said:

Interesting article.  As a coach/school administrator, I'd be frustrated by the apparent secretive nature of the proceedings.  Did you see the coach's quote:   “We don’t know what information they have on us. They didn’t tell us anything either.”

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Interesting article.  As a coach/school administrator, I'd be frustrated by the apparent secretive nature of the proceedings.  Did you see the coach's quote:   “We don’t know what information they have on us. They didn’t tell us anything either.”

Yeah I hear you but I'm sure he knows if his staff illegally recruited or not. That conversation should first start with them.

At the end of the day if you and/or your staff are not breaking rules they won't have information on you. 

18 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

Yeah I hear you but I'm sure he knows if his staff illegally recruited or not. That conversation should first start with them.

At the end of the day if you and/or your staff are not breaking rules they won't have information on you. 

I hear you, but what about situations where the coaches truly believe they haven't done anything wrong?  Or a situation where a rival makes false reports? 

I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of the American judicial system where someone accused of a crime is entitled to see all evidence (against them and that could benefit them) and entitled to confront their accuser. 

Last thought:  what if you're a coach and you know you've been pushing the envelope/walking the line with respect to three or four different things . . . wouldn't you like to know which thing or things you crossed the line on and which things you can continue to do?  :P

4 hours ago, Perspective said:

Last thought:  what if you're a coach and you know you've been pushing the envelope/walking the line with respect to three or four different things . . . wouldn't you like to know which thing or things you crossed the line on and which things you can continue to do?  :P

Touche':lol:

With that being said I would suspect at some point, and maybe already, Coach Phillips knows the exact crime he and his program are being accused of.