WEEK 1 PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

10 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Anyone please KO STA, so tired of seeing them win every season. 

They're scheduling intelligently these days. They host one major OOS opponent, and then avoid most all of the best Dade and Broward teams in both the regular season and postseason. People always love dumping on Lakeland's schedules, but Lakeland definitely has a tougher schedule than STA this year. It's entirely possible that *this* St. Joseph's Prep team is as good as or better than *this* SJB team. Yes, that's blasphemy. But, it also may be true.

4 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

They're scheduling intelligently these days. They host one major OOS opponent, and then avoid most all of the best Dade and Broward teams in both the regular season and postseason. People always love dumping on Lakeland's schedules, but Lakeland definitely has a tougher schedule than STA this year. It's entirely possible that *this* St. Joseph's Prep team is as good as or better than *this* SJB team. Yes, that's blasphemy. But, it also may be true.

Come to think about it it’s amazing how Dillard and sta is literally less than a 5 min drive from each other. They have close to the same enrollment, but yet sta has NEVER had to go through central, MNW, norland, btw, carol city or even American heritage to get through the playoffs. 

mean while Dillard on the other hand the last decade has had to go through Central, a few times, carol city a few times , a very good homestead team on the road , & we also have sta in our district now.

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Come to think about it it’s amazing how Dillard and sta is literally less than a 5 min drive from each other. They have close to the same enrollment, but yet sta has NEVER had to go through central, MNW, norland, btw, carol city or even American heritage to get through the playoffs. 

That's nothing new, they have always controlled their enrollment numbers and others are doing the same. Columbus has a much smaller population than Aquinas but plays in a larger class.

After what MC did to Aquinas a few years back you can bet alot of money they will make sure their "numbers" do not match the same classification any time soon.

2 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

That's nothing new, they have always controlled their enrollment numbers and others are doing the same. Columbus has a much smaller population than Aquinas but plays in a larger class.

After what MC did to Aquinas a few years back you can bet alot of money they will make sure their "numbers" do not match the same classification any time soon.

Exactly smh 

19 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

No objective evidence that Miami Central is better than these teams? How about the fact that they play Gorman week 2 and CMD week 5 with the national championship on the line?  How about the fact that after they were top 4 nationally last year, are returning most of that team on top of numerous high-profile transfers? Or that if they go undefeated they will probably unseat Mater Dei for national champions? Are any of those subjective? 

Venice and Central have green.  That's what it is, lol.  Seriously, Central has to prove it by winning, and do it convincingly to sway pollsters.  They also need to have luck on their side in that teams currently ranked above them need to drop a game (or two).  I wish the Rockets any any Florida team in the running all the best.

On 8/7/2023 at 10:07 PM, cribboy305 said:

img beats anybody in fla with that kid under center. Except the kings of florida. 

Facts though man this season is going to be one for the decade. Especially excited to see norland put 50 on lakeland at their house. Replay of 15-16 CC game but except no excuses. 

:lol: Then you woke up!

On 8/11/2023 at 1:03 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

All I said was with central being 0-3 in their last out of state games (Regardless of How & Why) it wouldn’t be a good look for them to be as loaded as they’re to lose this upcoming bishop Gorman game regardless of how talented BG is. 

& if you ask me that’s a fair assessment. Nobody (atleast not on this board) said they were gonna lose , but we CAN talk about the hypotheticals this is what a FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD is All about. Especially in the dry weeks with kickoffs being over a week away. 

Yes This is most likely Miami centrals best team ever, yes they’re stupid loaded & talented, they got the rings they got the respect nationally and locally , but with all that said we can sit here and blow smoke up central ass and say no matter who they play that other team will have NO SHOT, but that would be ignorance because that’s why you play the game. 

so if I’m wrong for discussing possible hypotheticals for a football between two great teams then shit I guess sue me lol. 

fam ian reading all that. I forever respect yours or anybodys opinion on this board but you really throw backhanded respect. STA, heritage & chaminade been purging dade & broward since the beginning of time yet it be seeming like central the only school get ridiculed for it. & Ima bull so I can careless bout what goes on 95th but its like everybody a sit in here & talk about them last 3 L’s like it just wasnt 20 W’s before that. completely disregarding the full body of work. I just dont see how a couple losses to that tier of school makes you look differently or talk down on the home team. but I digress. 

9 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

:lol: Then you woke up!

8 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

He must be smoking or drinking some strong stuff!

Say mannn idk… I don’t see where lakeland is actually that good this year. Norland has quite the talent pool. But i could just be on the outside looking in. Nonetheless i’ll be tuned in you guys youtube channel. 

4 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

fam ian reading all that. I forever respect yours or anybodys opinion on this board but you really throw backhanded respect. STA, heritage & chaminade been purging dade & broward since the beginning of time yet it be seeming like central the only school get ridiculed for it. & Ima bull so I can careless bout what goes on 95th but its like everybody a sit in here & talk about them last 3 L’s like it just wasnt 20 W’s before that. completely disregarding the full body of work. I just dont see how a couple losses to that tier of school makes you look differently or talk down on the home team. but I digress. 

And that’s why you lack comprehension & understanding on these topics because you don’t objectively read everything. 

same shit I will say bout central I say the same about any other recruiting private, only difference is when it come to you Miami fans unless a person dick riding Miami schools 24/7 y’all think a person is sharing them & that don’t even be the case. But y’all been like that so it’s not even surprising at this point. 

Ain’t nobody down talking central lol you really need to take them 305 blinders off luh bra like Frfr lol.

but aye we off central you never even answer my question from 4 pages ago. 

“what is your week 1 predictions for each matchup that’s listed”

On 8/11/2023 at 9:14 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

If Miami central goes out and beat bishop Gorman & chaminade this season so I think that alone should make them #1 in the nation ? In my opinion no.

because outside of chaminade and Gorman Miami centrals schedule is pure horse shit. The competition they’re gonna see in the playoffs is pure horse shit. Sure norland or MNw can make them sweat for a quarter or 2 but central and they’re 30+ transfers are on course to win every game by double digits which would be ridiculous.

if you ask me SFA, mater dei SJB just to name 3 all play way tougher schedules then Miami central. Do I believe Miami central is top 5 nationally ? Yea I do, but let’s let’s get off Miami central and let the season play out & let’s talk about some of these other predictions give some of these other schools some love. 

& You kno exactly what I mean when I speak on location & stipend. You cant compare central to them big privates, regardless of who kids transfer you just cant simply cause the resources are NOT THERE. those Cali kids have a place to stay, meal prep & all the things a prep school gives to hs kids. That ain’t going down at cent or any public down here dude. Central aint no different than dillard in terms of demographic. So sit & think what would make a kid frm texas or cali wanna come play? cause they got recruited or because the school made themselves a national brand through winning. Remember broward boy transfers dont translate to W’s.

They started winning when the west went through that big turnover & lost all our coaches to Central. had nothing to do with recruiting. Those coaches have been winning & had a literal national championship before stepping foot in Centrals doors. Lets state the facts. 

Say mannn idk… I don’t see where lakeland is actually that good this year. Norland has quite the talent pool. But i could just be on the outside looking in. Nonetheless i’ll be tuned in you guys youtube channel. 

You don't have to see it.  Underestimate at your own peril.  Me and my ex-wife (Norland grad) have a bet right now on the outcome of this game.  She's talking mad $hit too, lol.  What has Norland done lately?  Please don't think transfers equal success, especially against Lakeland.  

7 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

You don't have to see it.  Underestimate at your own peril.  Me and my ex-wife (Norland grad) have a bet right now on the outcome of this game.  She's talking mad $hit too, lol.  What has Norland done lately?  Please don't think transfers equal success, especially against Lakeland.  

I think it’s gonna be a great game that can possibly go either way the more I think about it, even tho I had norland winning comfortably in my predictions. 

even tho I still do have them winning , anything can happen. Norland coming in with a lot to prove and Lakeland is well Lakeland lol most def will try to live stream this game. 

I think it’s gonna be a great game that can possibly go either way the more I think about it, even tho I had norland winning comfortably in my predictions. 

even tho I still do have them winning , anything can happen. Norland coming in with a lot to prove and Lakeland is well Lakeland lol most def will try to live stream this game. 

Exactly. It should be a very good game. If Norland blows away Lakeland at Lakeland, the have a special team right up there with the ones that won state titles. I know they are loaded, but they will have to prove that that translates to performance on the field. 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Exactly. It should be a very good game. If Norland blows away Lakeland at Lakeland, the have a special team right up there with the ones that won state titles. I know they are loaded, but they will have to prove that that translates to performance on the field. 

If I’m not mistaken I think norland only has one title , that 15-0 season In 2015. 

but I agree if norland blows out Lakeland then I say they have the potential to have a great year. Even tho I don’t think it would be enough still to unseat central but in another district maybe or most likely. 

but hey who knows Lakeland May thump norland and then we’re high praising the dreadnaughts lol. Despite who wins I see it being a great game plus it counts 

If I’m not mistaken I think norland only has one title , that 15-0 season In 2015

but I agree if norland blows out Lakeland then I say they have the potential to have a great year. Even tho I don’t think it would be enough still to unseat central but in another district maybe or most likely. 

but hey who knows Lakeland May thump norland and then we’re high praising the dreadnaughts lol. Despite who wins I see it being a great game plus it counts 

They also won the 6A title in 2002 when they beat Edgewater with a hail Mary pass of 60+ yards with seconds on the clock. I stand corrected, but I believe they also picked up a third title along the way in addition to those 2. 

23 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

They also won the 6A title in 2002 when they beat Edgewater with a hail Mary pass of 60+ yards with seconds on the clock. I stand corrected, but I believe they also picked up a third title along the way in addition to those 2. 

O ok that’s wassup you learn something new every day. But I would like to know what are your score predictions for the games above ?

On 8/6/2023 at 5:19 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

man week 1 is about 3 weeks away and it’s taking forever so let’s get some predictions going.

im going to give mine & you guys give yours. 

SJB @ STA - SJB 28 STA 21 

WESTERN @ MILTON - MILTON 24-17 

ST JOHNS DC @ AMERICAN HERITAGE- ST JOHNS 24 AHP 21 

ST FRANCIS @ CHAMINADE - CHAMINADE 42 ST FRANCIS 35

MIA CENTRAL @ BISHOP GORMAN - CENTRAL 49 BISHOP GORMAN 17

MIAMI NORTHWESTERN @ VERO - MNW 42 VERO 21

MIAMI NORLAND @ LAKELAND - MIAMI NORLAND 27 LAKELAND 21

STRANAHAN @ DILLARD - 35 STRANAHAN 14

HIGHLAND SPRINGS @ MIRAMAR - don’t know anything about highland springs so for right now I’ll say MIRAMAR 28 HIGHLAND SPRINGS 14

COCOA @ JONES - JONES 21 COCOA 14 

ARMWOOD @ VENICE - VENICE 35 ARMWOOD 14

COLUMBUS @ CAI - COLUMBUS 38 CAI 28

HOMESTEAD @ PALMETTO - HOMESTEAD 28 PLAMETTO 14

CARDINAL GIBBONS (FTL) @ CARDINAL GIBBONS (NC) - CARDINAL GIBBONS (FTL) 21 CG(NC) 14

SJB by 7 or less
Milton by 3
St Johns by 67
Chaminade by 14
Miami Central by 13
Vero Beach by 1
Lakeland by 1
Dillard by 21
Highland Springs by 1
Jones by 3
Venice by 14
Columbus by 14
Homestead by 10
Gibbons Ft. Lauderdale by 7

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

SJB by 7 or less
Milton by 3
St Johns by 67
Chaminade by 14
Miami Central by 13
Vero Beach by 1
Lakeland by 1
Dillard by 21
Highland Springs by 1
Jones by 3
Venice by 14
Columbus by 14
Homestead by 10

Did you say St. John by 67 lmao lol wheeewwww I pick them to win but Dam lol

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

SJB by 7 or less
Milton by 3
St Johns by 67
Chaminade by 14
Miami Central by 13
Vero Beach by 1
Lakeland by 1
Dillard by 21
Highland Springs by 1
Jones by 3
Venice by 14
Columbus by 14
Homestead by 10

I’m really interested in that highland springs Miramar game never heard of them & the Milton & western game especially with all the transfers they got. But I don’t know how Milton suppose to look either so we will see