WEEK 1 PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

man week 1 is about 3 weeks away and it’s taking forever so let’s get some predictions going.

im going to give mine & you guys give yours. 

SJB @ STA - SJB 28 STA 21 

WESTERN @ MILTON - MILTON 24-17 

ST JOHNS DC @ AMERICAN HERITAGE- ST JOHNS 24 AHP 21 

ST FRANCIS @ CHAMINADE - CHAMINADE 42 ST FRANCIS 35

MIA CENTRAL @ BISHOP GORMAN - CENTRAL 49 BISHOP GORMAN 17

MIAMI NORTHWESTERN @ VERO - MNW 42 VERO 21

MIAMI NORLAND @ LAKELAND - MIAMI NORLAND 27 LAKELAND 21

STRANAHAN @ DILLARD - 35 STRANAHAN 14

HIGHLAND SPRINGS @ MIRAMAR - don’t know anything about highland springs so for right now I’ll say MIRAMAR 28 HIGHLAND SPRINGS 14

COCOA @ JONES - JONES 21 COCOA 14 

ARMWOOD @ VENICE - VENICE 35 ARMWOOD 14

COLUMBUS @ CAI - COLUMBUS 38 CAI 28

HOMESTEAD @ PALMETTO - HOMESTEAD 28 PLAMETTO 14

CARDINAL GIBBONS (FTL) @ CARDINAL GIBBONS (NC) - CARDINAL GIBBONS (FTL) 21 CG(NC) 14

8 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

man week 1 is about 3 weeks away and it’s taking forever so let’s get some predictions going.

HIGHLAND SPRINGS @ MIRAMAR - don’t know anything about highland springs so for right now I’ll say MIRAMAR 28 HIGHLAND SPRINGS 14

CARDINAL GIBBONS (FTL) @ CARDINAL GIBBONS (NC) - CARDINAL GIBBONS (FTL) 21 CG(NC) 14

Decent games and picks. I am mostly in agreement but have the following differences: 1. The MNW vs VB game will be a lot closer and I think 7 or less will be the margin of victory. I am not sure which team to pick given the game is at VB and the Bulls lost a key offensive player. 2. I believe Gorman will keep the Central game much closer, though I expect Central wins  3. I know Norland is loaded, but playing at Lakeland is always tough, and Polk officials are flag happy. I am going to take Lakeland by 1. 

59 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Decent games and picks. I am mostly in agreement but have the following differences: 1. The MNW vs VB game will be a lot closer and I think 7 or less will be the margin of victory. I am not sure which team to pick given the game is at VB and the Bulls lost a key offensive player. 2. I believe Gorman will keep the Central game much closer, though I expect Central wins  3. I know Norland is loaded, but playing at Lakeland is always tough, and Polk officials are flag happy. I am going to take Lakeland by 1. 

Bruh Darter you know your football 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

You’re absolutely right about the flag happy lol & as far as Gorman & central with all the transfers central got in that should be the final score but a lot of transfers don’t always mean everything so if Gorman actually beat central then it just goes to show nationally central isn’t as dominant as they’re locally. 

24 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

You’re absolutely right about the flag happy lol & as far as Gorman & central with all the transfers central got in that should be the final score but a lot of transfers don’t always mean everything so if Gorman actually beat central then it just goes to show nationally central isn’t as dominant as they’re locally. 

Bishop Gorman demolished a chaminade team who beat down credible playoff teams last year. Bishop Gorman beating Central just shows that they could be a potential national championship team, now if Bishop Gorman spanks Central off the field sure but if it's close that's way off the mark there!

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

STA beats SJB again.

Milton finds a way to beat Western.

Chaminade tops SFA in a shootout.

Miami Central dominates Bishop Gorman.

Norland’s best team ever beats Castle-less Lakeland soundly. 

Northwestern beats Vero Beach in a classic. 

Cocoa avenges last years’ loss to Jones.

Armwood gives Venice a tough game but Venice finally beats them by about 10. 

Columbus overcomes early heartache to beat CAI. 

Dillard beats stranahan by 35 or more. 

Miramar over Highland Springs.

Cardinal Gibbons Florida beats their ripoff. 

Homestead beats Palmetto badly. 

34 minutes ago, SportsFan said:

Also I wouldn't consider any team who beat IMG on their own field to be anything other than a national powerhouse

I respect that opinion but also let’s remember that if the pick 6 ball that was dropped before it cross the goal line was called central would’ve never had possession or those points which turned out to be the winning score. 

6 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

STA beats SJB again.

I thought the sjb sta beat a few years back was a diff SJB you know it’s about a hundred of em lol. But if I’m not mistaken this SJB sta is gonna go up against is much much better and #1 in the nation right ? 

7 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

STA beats SJB again.

I wouldn’t say this is norland best team I think the 2015 with duke Johnson would have something to say about that. 

as far as the Milton vs western western is gonna have to show me because like Dillard they’ve had the hype the last few years but a bunch of early playoff exits when they were the faves.

13 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I thought the sjb sta beat a few years back was a diff SJB you know it’s about a hundred of em lol. But if I’m not mistaken this SJB sta is gonna go up against is much much better and #1 in the nation right ? 

STA at home has a chance against anyone in the country with no exceptions. They will find a way to beat SJB just like they did SFA. 

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I respect that opinion but also let’s remember that if the pick 6 ball that was dropped before it cross the goal line was called central would’ve never had possession or those points which turned out to be the winning score. 

Even so IMG didn't exactly outplay Central in that game, if Central wasn't a very talented national powerhouse like IMG why couldn't IMG put them away?

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I say that from personal experience seeing both Apopka and Osceola affected by calls there. Not saying they are not objective but I believe the loud Lakeland fans affect some of the calls.

3 hours ago, SportsFan said:

We see what IMG does to a lot of teams, even some national powers. If IMG is superior they find a way to pull ahead and put the other team down but they couldn't do it to Central

I agree but we’re not gonna sit here & just act like Miami central is just some regular degular public school. They do exactly what img do recruit & get a bunch of transfers , only thing img do is offer room & board & get transfers from out of state which central got a few from out of state this year. 

point is just like this year central had a huge recruiting class last year also added to the great pieces they already had so hell they were suppose to compete. 

7 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

did you watch the game? central dominated the second half literally. they win that game regardless of that. that happened in the 3rd quarter

2 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

did you watch the game? central dominated the second half literally. they win that game regardless of that. that happened in the 3rd quarter

No did YOU watch the game. Because the game I saw was a back and forth defensive 2nd half until the pick 6. If central dominated the second half then it wouldn’t have took that pick 6 for them to win it or did you forget that img was leading 14-13 BEFORE the pick 6. 

neither offense could do anything Vs other defense which is what usually happens when you have to great teams with two great defenses.

but the point still stands take away that pick 6 which took place with 3 min left in the 4th Qt where the central player dropped the ball b4 crossing the goal line and img wins this game 14-13. 

3 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

And I went back & looked at the game to make sure I had my facts str8 , and it was 14-14 going into the 4th quarter. The pick 6 came with 6 min left in the game. 

so as I stated before it was a defensive second half and most def it was a defensive 4th quarter , neither offense could get it going or put nothing on the board & on top of that img was on centrals 10 yard line but couldn’t get it in to end the game take away that pick 6 and they potentially win by a field goal.

3 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

With all that said tho I don’t even care for img like that glad somebody from the crib beat ‘em but that was last year congrats to them boys. Can’t wait to see them rockets vs Gorman and chaminade 

7 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I agree but we’re not gonna sit here & just act like Miami central is just some regular degular public school. They do exactly what img do recruit & get a bunch of transfers , only thing img do is offer room & board & get transfers from out of state which central got a few from out of state this year. 

point is just like this year central had a huge recruiting class last year also added to the great pieces they already had so hell they were suppose to compete. 

That's just the nature of the game. Obviously them getting as many transfers as they do take them from being a state contender to a national powerhouse but even so my point was more that they don't have to beat Bishop Gorman to prove it because they have more than enough credibility as a national powerhouse that they don't have to win every single time they play another elite national team to maintain that status