IMG at Oxbridge, Thurs Oct 13

mbhs69

No. I'm a realist. Not a front runner. You guys wanted to pump up Oxford and make them something they weren't. I told you they would get routed and they got running clocked. I am not a fan of all star teams like IMG, STA, AH, and the Miami Dade flavor of the month publics. Can't stand those types. I would root for the Braden Rivers, Venices, and Apopkas of the world over those pumped up all star clown shows any day of the week. Again, you don't know me but I am a realist and I'm gonna call it like I see it.

And I'm the type of person who likes to go out on a limb and call a upset

At end of day I end up getting more right then wrong so it's all G

some of the bigger schools claim that IMG is scared and won't schedule them. I don't support what IMG does one bit but that's a load of crap, IMG will play anybody, just like BG said that IMG didn't want to schedule before the season but that wasn't the case, IMG tried everything they could to get BG on regular season schedule with coach Kevin wright calling leaving messages with them that were never returned. IMG football Twitter account even tweeted BG Twitter account and got nothing back

They not scared to play anyone, we would have been playing them.last week had our school board not pulled the plug

Didn't starters play whole game?

IMG rotated Quarterbacks and had several starters out on O-line (discipline issues) in first half so no continuity early.  However, Carol City is very good.  I watched the Oxy game last night and for the life of me I don't see how CC lost to them.  In my opinion, CC is by far the better team in all phases.  They must have had a really bad night.  If they played now it would be no contest.

IMG rotated Quarterbacks and had several starters out on O-line (discipline issues) in first half so no continuity early. However, Carol City is very good. I watched the Oxy game last night and for the life of me I don't see how CC lost to them. In my opinion, CC is by far the better team in all phases. They must have had a really bad night. If they played now it would be no contest.

Carol city seemed to be struggling at first with chemistry but once it was sorted out they hit their potential

Keep in mind some teams need a few weeks to hit their potential

IMG still has to play at TCA and Chaminade, who may both possibly be better teams than Oxbridge. If TCA shakes out of their stupor they may give IMG a game like they have in the past. Although if they can't defeat Cocoa and Lincoln, I'm not sure if even they are up to the task. The only really good team that Chaminade played, Cardinal Gibbons, they lost to. So I don't hold any illusions that they will effectively challenge IMG.  I think that only the IMG staff knows the quality of the OOS teams remaining; Long Beach Poly, St. Francis Academy, and Bishop Sullivan Catholic, and whether they will give them problems. 

IMG rotated Quarterbacks and had several starters out on O-line (discipline issues) in first half so no continuity early.  However, Carol City is very good.  I watched the Oxy game last night and for the life of me I don't see how CC lost to them.  In my opinion, CC is by far the better team in all phases.  They must have had a really bad night.  If they played now it would be no contest.

I was at the Carol City @ Oxbridge game.  Carol City had very little offensive flow at that point of the season.  In fact Carol City's only TD was defensive (47 yard fumble recovery).   They must have had a bad game because they went to Lakeland and slaughtered them the following week.....I believe Carol City would beat Oxbridge now but I think it is a fairly close game. Nationally elite teams can make very good teams look piss-poor. Sometimes the elite teams take a while to get the train going but when they do there are generally only a handful of teams that can play with them without getting embarrassed.  For example, Carol City played IMG on 8/20..... I think if Carol City played IMG now that would be no contest as well (even with Carol City playing better now).  They would get beat in all phases of the game.

Oxbridge still has the best resume in PB County and is still the best team in PB County IMO.

i was referring mostly to how carol city was beat by oxbridge so convincingly

Oxbridge seemed to have chemistry and hitting their potential out of the gate while carol city took a few weeks to get it right

Carol City was NOT beat by Oxbridge CONVINCINGLY.

Are you saying Oxbridge is not playing as good now as they were out of the gate?  Based on getting slaughtered by IMG? 

Carol city was NOT beat by Oxbridge CONVINCINGLY.

Are you saying Oxbridge is not playing as good now as they were out of the gate?  Based on getting slaughtered by IMG? 

no offensive TDs seems convincing to me

and no, what im saying is that early on they were playing at their potential since the start of the season while a certain team (carol city) was not, therefore the game would not be the same if it was played this week vs week 2 or 3 when they played originally

Yeah Columbia, 181p has pretty much always been more of an even playing field type, which I completely understand. You should see him and Canes go at it!

181p, you at least have to admit there are a bunch of programs nationally in "lesser" states (talent wise) that are pulling some serious strings trying to make super teams to compete nationally. The Dematha's, St. Johns, Gorman's, and random boarding prep schools etc of the world should all be more on you S-List over STA. These teams were all average at best 5-6 yrs ago. But with the freedom/money to travel and play big national espn games 4-5 times a year, will draw kids in IMG esq fashion. Nj is similar in a way too with that 6 super conference etc.

I really miss the days of the dominant Lakeland, Armwood, Plant, Manatee teams. Hopefully the rule changes even things out, because soon these OOS private boarding schools and their elite facilities will take our FL talent just like they do in NCAA lol. I'm exagerrating and somewhat joking, but the idea is scary!

I do miss those days.

no offensive TDs seems convincing to me

and no, what im saying is that early on they were playing at their potential since the start of the season while a certain team (carol city) was not, therefore the game would not be the same if it was played this week vs week 2 or 3 when they played originally

The game was close. Oxbridge won. It was by no means convincing though.

Carol City is definitely playing better now and I believe they beat Oxbridge in a close game.

I think Oxbridge is playing fine at the Florida High Shcool 3A level.... They are still arguably the best 3A team in the state and simply were not a good match up for IMG. They left a few points on the board last night but best case scenario for them that is a 38-21 (BEST CASE) - Realisically it could have been a 38-10 or 38 -17 type game. I know you believe there are around 25 teams that could play with or beat IMG but your heart is doing the thinking for you Columbiahighfan2016.

I do miss those days.

you will always end up getting a team or 2 a year that end up surprising people and making a run

like bishiop morre last year 

or columbia and viera last year, no one picked that on this board before the season

heck some people thought oxbridge was gonna drop off and now they look like the 3A favorite

or even the story of currently undefeated crestview, they were not talked about all summer now they a top 3 panhandle team

so yeah you gonna get a few teams a year but generally it unfortently ends and a team who put in a lot of work end up not getting a ring because they face off against a massive powerhouse that tastes blood in the water

I believe this IMG team is definitely better than last year's IMG team.  The OL and Defense overall look much better to me.  Their  OL is so good that their bread and butter, most common play appeared to be the QB keeper last night!  No need to show much more....The Oxbridge DL are by no means pushovers, but they looked like children out there last night.

The game was close.   Oxbridge won.  It was by no means convincing though.

Carol City is definitely playing better now  and I believe they beat Oxbridge in a close game.  

I think Oxbridge is playing fine at the Florida High Shool level....  They are still arguably the best 3A team in the state and simply were not a good match up for IMG.  They left a few points on the board last night but best case scenario for them that is a 38-21 (BEST CASE)   -  Realisically it could have been a 38-10 or 38 -17 type game. I know you believe there are around 25 teams that could play with or beat IMG but your heart is doing the thinking for you Columbiahighfan2016.  

IMG can get beat like anyone else can, STA can lose, BG can lose, and im not gonna name anymore because it would take hours to list every team in the nation

I believe this IMG team is definitely better than last year's IMG team.  The OL and Defense overall look much better to me.  Their  OL is so good that their bread and butter, most common play appeared to be the QB keeper last night!  No need to show much more....The Oxbridge DL are by no means pushovers, but they looked like children out there last night.

they might be but still dont like them

the reason i dont like IMG is because of fact i consider it a slap in the face that people call them the best team in florida

Most Talented, Maybe

but they not the best, how can anyone explain how a team that has been around for 4 YEARS! is the best team and program in the state of florida, so appartley nothing that happened prior to 4 years ago means anything to history???

maybe they the most talented team but they sure as heck not the best team in florida, there has been over 100 years of teams leaving it all out on the field to make their history and they make this team that just showed up to the party the best? come on really now???

there was florida football long before IMG and florida football would still be here if IMG wasent around

Are you aware that there are different objectives to a football season for IMG than the rest of FL teams?  Also, no one is forcing anyone to play IMG.  IMG is perfectly fine with not participating in games/ playoffs etc...that Columbia and other teams do.  I believe they are actually on good terms with the FHSAA and there is a agreement/contract in place in regards to the way the operate.

I watch how team's execute formations and their discipline factor. If you watched IMG's approach to the Oxbridge game it was something to see. Mostly the offense came up to the line completely relaxed. Each player knows his position and they execute. There were other times that they came up to the line quickly like in military formation. No comparison to Oxbridge or any other standard HS team. IMG is college trained and execute like a college team. They chose when they would score and how. Oxbridge didn't have a prayer. Possibly STA may be able to stay with IMG. But, even they are still a HS team, albeit a very good HS team. IMG is a very good "College" team.