Sumner 5-0. 4M contender?

Jullian

1 hour ago, Thunderpig said:

Sumner's starting QB was out for the game with an ankle injury. I know injuries are a part of the game but If Gregg plays, Sumner wins by three touchdowns, easy.

That explains the performance.  Durant isn't any slouch but it still looked like Sumner didn't play its best game and losing the starting QB explains their lower than normal scoring.

On 9/30/2023 at 9:43 PM, nolebull813 said:

I don’t think they would beat Sanford Seminole by that much. Miami Palmetto already played them close. Plus you got Lake Mary who can score some points. 

Columbus will have a hard time winning against any Orlando area team they face. I would make them the slight favorite at this stage, but I think there are four or five teams here that would take them to the wire. I will let the Dade fans run their mouths. Last year they barely won in overtime in a game Apopka should have won with by a field goal in the dying seconds.  And least they claim the Apopka game was a fluke, Ocoee took them to the wire in their semifinal game before Columbus squeaked into the finals. 

I don't think that this year's Columbus is much better than last years, and Orange/Seminole football has not fallen off this year. 

On 9/30/2023 at 9:31 PM, cribboy305 said:

& for your 4M State Finals

columbus 46

whoever else 0

That's a brutal assessment that will end up being very wrong. If we can arrange to, I will take that bet every day of the week and twice on Sundays. 

Columbus may or may not win the 4M title. But i would be very, very surprised if they were to do so by more than 17 and that's an absolute outer limit. 

Columbus squeaked by a Clearwater Academy international team that was dismantled by last year’s Lakeland team. They have a nice win over Jesuit, who is not what they were. They are very up and down. Give them credit because both those games are on the road. The other wins are not super impressive. Let’s just see what happens before crowning them at some all-time great.

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

That's a brutal assessment that will end up being very wrong. If we can arrange to, I will take that bet every day of the week and twice on Sundays. 

Columbus may or may not win the 4M title. But i would be very, very surprised if they were to do so by more than 17 and that's an absolute outer limit. 

Do you think Sanford is the favorite at the moment? 

13 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Do you think Sanford is the favorite at the moment? 

No, I think Columbus is a slight favorite. But I believe any of: Sanford, Lake Mary, Olympia, Apopka, Palm Beach Central, and possibly Sumner and/or Mandarin would give Columbus a close game by the time the semis and final roll around.

I see this Columbus team as being about the same as last year's in terms of quality, albeit with slightly different strengths and weaknesses. Last year, Both Ocoee and Apopka gave Columbus all it could handle in the semis and final. For the life of me, I don't see why this year will be any different.