WEEK 6 “South Florida Top 15”

THIS_IS_DILLARD

10 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

woah woah woah lets just not forget the last 15 years. Western just became something, miramar was STA slayers let’s not forget. 

Not one word in that sentence makes any sense. I’m more confused after reading it, and have more questions than answers. I’m stunned silent. I think I’m gonna go hit the showers 

3 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

I wasn't talking about Maxpreps. Though I don't necessarily like them, they have the rankings mostly correct in my eyes so I can't complain about them. On the other hand...

The FHSAA's take is more than laughable. Take a look at the Power Rankings on the FHSAA site. It is pure garbage from start to finish. No Miami Central in the top 5? Cocoa behind STA? St. Augustine a top 5 team in Florida? Norland at number 9 behind Edgewater and St. Augustine? Lakeland, the 52nd best team in the state?  Venice, the 76th best team in Florida? Bradford ahead of Sanford Seminole? HAHA, NO! Plenty of people on this board have pointed to the flaws with Maxpreps, but I do usually like and agree with their rankings, for better or worse. 

Thanks for the clarification as your previous comment was "These POLLS (plural) are ridiculous".  I was clear in having zero agreement with the FHSAA rankings to date but I think the MaxPrep poll is much closer to correct. 

12 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

& as far as Naples being unranked if they was in SFL I disagree with that with the athletes down here and the coaching staff they usually have Naples would easily be a top 15 down here in south Florida let’s not discredit them because they lost to a golden gate team who happens to be fielding one of their best teams if not their best team in program history this year. 

because besides that lost Naples hasn’t lost and look very good heading into the playoffs in a few weeks. 

Let's not forget Golden Gate lost by double digits to Bartow :D

12 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

It’s hard to do that because they don’t have a broward county schedule so it would depend on who they beat or lost to but just to play your hypothetical game, if I had to add them here and now. 

Golden Gate Would Be #12

Naples would be #13 

Dillard would be 14 

miramar would be 15 

but that’s just on the spot right now rankings. I would favor Naples over western especially @ Naples. Golden gate is tricky because they’re usually horse sh** but this year they actually have a squad. 

If Golden Gate would be #12, where would Bartow be? :P

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

That’s what I’ve been trying to say in so many words but only those from south Florida really know. 

& when did western become a “THING” ? Zero title game appearances zero semi final appearances, zero rings & have lost at home the last 2 years in the playoffs at home as double digit favs. 

Rankings for the 2023 season shouldn't be based on...other seasons.

7 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

Rankings for the 2023 season shouldn't be based on...other seasons.

So if that’s the case then what has western done for them to be “A THING” or have high rank ? & don’t give me winning over Milton because they’re 25th in ga so that’s not a quality win.

that’s like Grayson or lowndes coming in beating western by 40 & glorifying it as a huge win over one of Florida’s best. 

at the end of the day like I said a few times all these TOP 15 or TOP 25 threads are all opinion based. These rankings maxpreps & etc are all computer based. 

unless we are physically at these games watching these teams at their practice, or actually from that city ; what do we really know ? All we can do is give our opinion. Which is why I stay away from ranking north, central , southwest Florida & etc because my expertise about those schools is little to none. Yes I can easily go on maxpreps & look at records & etc but that only tells so much.