THIS_IS_DILLARD

#1 Chaminade Madonna 

#2. Miami Central 

#3. American Heritage 

#4. St Thomas Aquinas 

#5. Miami Columbus 

#6. Miami Norland

#7. Booker T Washington 

#8. Palmetto (We can argue homestead is better, but the panthers won the head to head & their only lost is against nationally ranked Columbus)

#9. Homestead (the broncos play Columbus this week so we will see how they fare vs the explorers.)

#10. Coconut Creek 

#11. Cardinal Gibbons 

#12.  Dillard 

#13. Miramar 

#14. Monarch 

#15. Western 

outside Looking in: Blanche Ely, Cypress Bay, South Broward.

@Jullian @DarterBlue2 @VeniceIndianFan

Looks pretty good.  I would probably flip Norland over Columbus, but we will see how both perform against stiff competition this week. 12-15 you could argue about which team belongs were, but I am fine with where you have them. South Broward is undefeated, but has played only very weak competition, so I could not put them in the top 15.  Coconut Creek may belong higher just based on how 

28 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Looks pretty good.  I would probably flip Norland over Columbus, but we will see how both perform against stiff competition this week. 12-15 you could argue about which team belongs were, but I am fine with where you have them. South Broward is undefeated, but has played only very weak competition, so I could not put them in the top 15.  Coconut Creek may belong higher just based on how 

South broward - I agree with you which is why they’re on the outside looking in even with an undefeated record. I actually think their SOS is negative something lol. 

as for Columbus over norland - I did that because not only is Columbus a recent champion but they’re undefeated, and have been consistently elite the last few years. But we will have a better indication this weekend on what’s what. 

30 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

As far as creek goes yes they almost upset chaminade which was huge for their program but as of right now they’re 4-2 and each team above them I believe would win in a head to head. 

Western 2 losses 

#4 STA, #10 Coconut Creek

Dillard 2 losses 

#11 Cardinal Gibbons and a team that would be unranked in SFL Naples. 

Plus Western has a much better win over Milton than Dillard has over Miramar 

So Western has 2 better losses, and one better win than Dillard. 

This is blind bias without question 

3 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Western 2 losses 

Dillard 2 losses 

Not even bias I get nothing out of putting western up under Dillard. As I stated last week no team in from the 10-15 range are title contenders right now, so it’s neither here or there where you put them, wether it’s 13,15 or 12. It’s just my opinion. 

in my opinion is better then western. They beat them last year @ western & they have a pretty solid team this year as well & when they play at Miramar this year I fully expect the patriots to be victorious. 

I had a chance to see Miramar twice this year & yes they faltered in the second half vs sta but @Jullianas my witness they gave sta all they could handle that first half AT sta which is why in my opinion Miramar is a overall better team & im right here in south Florida so I know. 

& lastly as far as western having a better quality win then Miramar? Milton is (3-2) & the 25th!! Best team in GA. that team Miramar lost 14-20 is (5-1) & the number 5th team in VA. 

30 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Western 2 losses 

Dillard 2 losses 

& as far as Naples being unranked if they was in SFL I disagree with that with the athletes down here and the coaching staff they usually have Naples would easily be a top 15 down here in south Florida let’s not discredit them because they lost to a golden gate team who happens to be fielding one of their best teams if not their best team in program history this year. 

because besides that lost Naples hasn’t lost and look very good heading into the playoffs in a few weeks. 

18 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Not even bias I get nothing out of putting western up under Dillard. As I stated last week no team in from the 10-15 range are title contenders right now, so it’s neither here or there where you put them, wether it’s 13,15 or 12. It’s just my opinion. 

in my opinion is better then western. They beat them last year @ western & they have a pretty solid team this year as well & when they play at Miramar this year I fully expect the patriots to be victorious. 

I had a chance to see Miramar twice this year & yes they faltered in the second half vs sta but @Jullianas my witness they gave sta all they could handle that first half AT sta which is why in my opinion Miramar is a overall better team & im right here in south Florida so I know. 

& lastly as far as western having a better quality win then Miramar? Milton is (3-2) & the 25th!! Best team in GA. that team Miramar lost 14-20 is (5-1) & the number 5th team in VA. 

Georgia is light years better than Virginia. It’s no comparison. That’s like saying beating the number 1 team from Vermont is a big deal: number 5 in Virginia is not that great on a national scale. And the ironic thing is it’s viewed as a good result for Miramar BECAUSE Miramar ISNT good. Not because this VA team is. 

14 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

& as far as Naples being unranked if they was in SFL I disagree with that with the athletes down here and the coaching staff they usually have Naples would easily be a top 15 down here in south Florida let’s not discredit them because they lost to a golden gate team who happens to be fielding one of their best teams if not their best team in program history this year. 

because besides that lost Naples hasn’t lost and look very good heading into the playoffs in a few weeks. 

Where would Golden Gate and Naples be in the SFL top 15? Be honest. Just add them in. Where would you put both teams? 

2 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Georgia is light years better than Virginia. It’s no comparison. That’s like saying beating the number 1 team from Vermont is a big deal: number 5 in Virginia is not that great. And the ironic thing is it’s viewed as a good result for Miramar BECAUSE Miramar ISNT good. Not because this VA team is. 

@nolebull813 you know me & you’re cool. But there right there is your opinion because that Virginia team can very well be extremely good just because a team is from GA doesn’t make them light years better then the next team because they’re from Virginia because that highlands team could very well beat the breaks of Milton or another great team from Florida or anywhere else. 

is Miramar a overall title contender ? No is western an overall title contender ? No, okay we got that understood. Now with that said as I stated before I just believe Miramar is better than western & they play in a few weeks so let’s revisit that particular debate then. 

4 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Where would Golden Gate and Naples be in the SFL top 15? Be honest. Just add them in. Where would you put both teams? 

It’s hard to do that because they don’t have a broward county schedule so it would depend on who they beat or lost to but just to play your hypothetical game, if I had to add them here and now. 

Golden Gate Would Be #12

Naples would be #13 

Dillard would be 14 

miramar would be 15 

but that’s just on the spot right now rankings. I would favor Naples over western especially @ Naples. Golden gate is tricky because they’re usually horse sh** but this year they actually have a squad. 

Think about that 7th team in Broward goes down to the wire against 5th ranked team in all of Virginia. That’s doesn’t sound odd to you? 

I know Broward is one of the top counties in the country, but that’s because of the top teams like STA, AHP, Chaminade and Gibbons. Kinda like the SEC. Alabama and Georgia make that conference. Vandy, Miss State and Arkansas shouldn’t be judged better because they are bad teams in a good conference. 

Same with Miramar. They are being viewed better than they are because of the county they come from. But they haven’t done squat. 

Point is that makes Virginia look really bad 

4 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Think about that 7th team in Broward goes down to the wire against 5th ranked team in all of Virginia. That’s doesn’t sound odd to you? 

I know Broward is one of the top counties in the country, but that’s because of the top teams like STA, AHP, Chaminade and Gibbons. Kinda like the SEC. Alabama and Georgia make that conference. Vandy, Miss State and Arkansas shouldn’t be judged better because they are bad teams in a good conference. 

Same with Miramar. They are being viewed better than they are because of the county they come from. But they haven’t done squat. 

Point is that makes Virginia look really bad 

I disagree, why can’t Miramar be a non state title contender but still be a very good program. 

STA

CM

MC

Are all nationally elite programs. It’s levels to this football stuff. You have NATIONAL elite, the. You have STATE elite, then you have those really good teams who are above avg who can put 60 on a terrible team/mediocre team. But is still one or 2 stars/ or great head coach away from being a state title contender , which is who Miramar, Dillard, western & creek is. 

is gibbons a title contender this year ? Absolutely not. But they’re still a very good broward county program. 

41 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I disagree, why can’t Miramar be a non state title contender but still be a very good program. 

STA

CM

MC

Are all nationally elite programs. It’s levels to this football stuff. You have NATIONAL elite, the. You have STATE elite, then you have those really good teams who are above avg who can put 60 on a terrible team/mediocre team. But is still one or 2 stars/ or great head coach away from being a state title contender , which is who Miramar, Dillard, western & creek is. 

is gibbons a title contender this year ? Absolutely not. But they’re still a very good broward county program. 

Miramar isn’t even elite in their own county so they dang sure ain’t elite in the state or country 

15 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Miramar isn’t even elite in their own county so they dang sure ain’t elite in the state or country 

No one said they were elite I said that they are very good broward county public program . Meaning they can beat 70% of the county but when it comes to the heavy weights of the state or county they may can hang for a half but ultimately lose pace as the game goes on. 

17 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

But as I was saying earlier it all this comes down to personal opinion at the end of the day. Just like your top 25 every week. Some may have some objections but it be your opinion at at the end of the day. 

all I know I said b4 the season started that this would be a year full of surprises & it has been that & then some, I can’t wait to see how all of this finishes. 

7 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

But as I was saying earlier it all this comes down to personal opinion at the end of the day. Just like your top 25 every week. Some may have some objections but it be your opinion at at the end of the day. 

all I know I said b4 the season started that this would be a year full of surprises & it has been that & then some, I can’t wait to see how all of this finishes. 

I’m not saying Miramar can’t beat Western. I’m saying Western just has a better resume at this stage and should be rewarded as such 

3 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I’m not saying Miramar can’t beat Western. I’m saying Western just has a better resume at this stage and should be rewarded as such 

Not taking sides in this disagreement and not a big fan of the FHSAA poll which just came out, but this is their take.

#98 overall is Western ranked #12 in class with a 5.80 strength of schedule

#164 overall is Dillard ranked #20 in class with a 5.68 strength of schedule

#246 overall is Miramar ranked #35 in class with a 3.64strength of schedule

So according to them, Western shouldn't be ranked ahead of only Miramar (by a mile), but also ahead of even Dillard.  In addition, MaxPrep has them also ranked higher in their classification of 4M as #5, whereas Dillard in 3M is #17 with Miramar again lagging farther behind.  Yup, again it is only someone else's poll (opinion) which surely will not sit well with one of you. 

1 hour ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

These polls are ridiculous.

Chaminade, Miami Central, Norland, Cocoa, and AHP are the top 5 teams in Florida with little argument based on what has happened on the field.

FHSAA list is not a poll but the official ranking system whether you agree or not, which I don't.  MaxPrep "IS a POLL" and they pretty much reflect your list "EXACTLY" with the small difference with STA squeezing in over Cocoa due to officiating.   So how can that "POLL" be ridiculous while yours isn't??

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

FHSAA list is not a poll but the official ranking system whether you agree or not, which I don't.  MaxPrep "IS a POLL" and they pretty much reflect your list "EXACTLY" with the small difference with STA squeezing in over Cocoa due to officiating.   So how can that "POLL" be ridiculous while yours isn't??

I wasn't talking about Maxpreps. Though I don't necessarily like them, they have the rankings mostly correct in my eyes so I can't complain about them. On the other hand...

The FHSAA's take is more than laughable. Take a look at the Power Rankings on the FHSAA site. It is pure garbage from start to finish. No Miami Central in the top 5? Cocoa behind STA? St. Augustine a top 5 team in Florida? Norland at number 9 behind Edgewater and St. Augustine? Lakeland, the 52nd best team in the state?  Venice, the 76th best team in Florida? Bradford ahead of Sanford Seminole? HAHA, NO! Plenty of people on this board have pointed to the flaws with Maxpreps, but I do usually like and agree with their rankings, for better or worse. 

1 minute ago, cribboy305 said:

woah woah woah lets just not forget the last 15 years. Western just became something, miramar was STA slayers lets not forget. 

That’s what I’ve been trying to say in so many words but only those from south Florida really know. 

& when did western become a “THING” ? Zero title game appearances zero semi final appearances, zero rings & have lost at home the last 2 years in the playoffs at home as double digit favs.