18. Lakeland vs Kathleen

19. Buchholz vs Fleming Island

20. Treasure Coast vs Vero Beach

21. Cardinal Newman - off

22. Jesuit vs Hillsborough

23. Armwood vs Tampa Bay Tech

24. Columbus vs Goleman

25. Atlantic Delray vs Glades Central

Much props for finally giving Lake Mary the credit they deserve. I do have three issues with this week's rankings, though.

First, Columbus. I think you are penalizing them too much for the loss to Miami Norland. Norland is one of the best, some would argue the best, in the state. Columbus hung tough with them while being short its starting QB. I don't think Columbus should have dropped all the way down to 24. A ranking between 16 and 20 seems a lot more reasonable. 

Second, Buchholz. This team scored an incredibly impressive win this week, has taken down all it has faced, and seems like a potential state champion at this stage. I think they belong right around the edge of the top 10 like Lake Mary. 

Third, Treasure Coast High. I continue to feel that they are over ranked by you. Fortunately, this week Vero will likely put them out of the top 25, which is where they almost certainly belong. 

Finally, I think that aside from the above you have done a very good job this week. Jesuit has finally convinced me that they do belong in the top 25 with a very good win against TBT. 

1) Cham

2) Norland

3)Central

4) AHP 

5) Cocoa

6) STA

7) Venice

8) BTW

9) Homestead 

10) Edgewater 

11) Mainland 

12) Lake Mary

13) Buchholtz 

14) Seminole

15) Mia Palmetto 

16) Armwood

17) Columbus

18) St Aug

19) CCC

20) NW

21) Lakeland

22) Vero Bch

23) Jesuit

24) Bishop Verot

25) Hawthorne 

Honorable Recog: Williston

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Much props for finally giving Lake Mary the credit they deserve. I do have thee issues with this week's rankings, though.

First, Columbus. I think you are penalizing them too much for the loss to Miami Norland. Norland is one of the best, some would argue the best, in the state. Columbus hung tough with them while being short its starting QB. I don't think Columbus should have dropped all the way down to 24. A ranking between 16 and 20 seems a lot more reasonable. 

Second, Buchholz. This team scored an incredibly impressive win this week, has taken down all it has faced, and seems like a potential state champion at this stage. I think they belong right around the edge of the top 10 like Lake Mary. 

Third, Treasure Coast High. I continue to feel that they are over ranked by you. Fortunately, this week Venice will likely put them out of the top 25, which is where they almost certainly belong. 

Finally, I think that aside from the above you have done a very good job this week. Jesuit has finally convinced me that they do belong in the top 25 with a very good win against TBT. 

Columbus dropped a lot because if they are without their QB then they aren’t really as good as you would believe they are. Like I said I can’t rank someone how I believe they would be at full strength. 

Buchholz beat a team who is now 4-4 and you might say B Trail had a tough schedule and only lost to really good teams but that just means you aren’t good. When you lose to the only good teams on your schedule that means you aren’t good. And Buchholz other big win was Vanguard and they just got obliterated Friday. 

Treasure Coast has really good wins. You can’t discount them beating Seminole and Jesuit. You would have to find me another team under them or unranked with 2 better wins and I’ll throw them out. And 2 better losses as well would be a bonus 

Columbus dropped a lot because if they are without their QB then they aren’t really as good as you would believe they are. Like I said I can’t rank someone how I believe they would be at full strength. Even without their starting QB, they played Norland tough. To me, at their current strength, even if the QB never makes it back (I hope that's not the case), they are better than # 24.

Buchholz beat a team who is now 4-4 and you might say B Trail had a tough schedule and only lost to really good teams but that just means you aren’t good. When you lose to the only good teams on your schedule that means you aren’t good. And Buchholz other big win was Vanguard and they just got obliterated Friday. While I am no fan of Gainesville football, high school or college, I have to give credit where it's due. Buchholz beat BT very easily while much higher rated teams (Mainland and St. Auggie) struggled with BT. Certainly, at this stage, Buchholz has earned the benefit of the doubt. Just ask our favorite Lakeland fan on this board his opinion. I am certain that he would say they are the favorite over Lakeland at this point come playoffs.

Regarding Treasure Coast, they have a chance this Friday to either earn their rating or get booted. 

48 minutes ago, Jullian said:

1) Cham

2) Norland

3)Central

4) AHP 

5) Cocoa

6) STA

7) Venice

8) BTW

9) Homestead 

10) Edgewater 

11) Mainland 

12) Lake Mary

13) Buchholtz 

14) Seminole

15) Mia Palmetto 

16) Armwood

17) Columbus

18) St Aug

19) CCC

20) NW

21) Lakeland

22) Vero Bch

23) Jesuit

24) Bishop Verot

25) Hawthorne 

Honorable Recog: Williston

I can find no major fault with your ratings this week. They are certainly much better than what the FHSAA ratings were as of Friday and I think they are better than @nolebull813's this week also. While I could nit pick with the placing of a couple teams, it would be marginal at best, and would come down to slightly different perceptions on my part which may or may not be correct. 

7 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

1. Chaminade (-)

2. Norland (-)

3. AHP (-)

4. STA (-)

5. Cocoa (-)

6. Miami Central (-)

7. Booker T (+1)

8. Edgewater (+1)

9. Mainland (+1)

10. Lake Mary (+6)

11. St Augustine (-)

12. Homestead (-)

13. Venice (+1)

14. CCC (-1)

15. Coconut Creek (+2)

16. Seminole (+2)

17. Palmetto (+2)

18. Lakeland (-11)

19. Buchholz (+2)

20. Treasure Coast (-)

21. Cardinal Newman (+1)

22. Jesuit (+1)

23. Armwood (+1)

24. Columbus (-9)

25. Atlantic Delray (NR)

dropped out 

#25 Palm Beach Central 

I wouldnt agree with some of these. Specifically columbus, I hear you when you say you cant rank them off of coulda/shoulda but they did hang with norland & Beat CAI away. I see lakeland didnt get as much punishment after letting that same team come from behind 3 scores. Pretty backwards wouldn’t you say?

3 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

I wouldnt agree with some of these. Specifically columbus, I hear you when you say you cant rank them off of coulda/shoulda but they did hang with norland & Beat CAI away. I see lakeland didnt get as much punishment after letting that same team come from behind 3 scores. Pretty backwards wouldn’t you say?

No. Teams are way different from week 1 to week 10. You can’t compare scores either. And we are just gonna forget about Homestead dog walking them? 

That’s why you can’t daisy chain games. It doesn’t make any sense. 

Palmetto beats Homestead, and Columbus beats Palmetto. So comparing scores, you would say without a shadow of a doubt Columbus will beat Homestead right? WRONG!!!! 

8 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Columbus dropped a lot because if they are without their QB then they aren’t really as good as you would believe they are. Like I said I can’t rank someone how I believe they would be at full strength. Even without their starting QB, they played Norland tough. To me, at their current strength, even if the QB never makes it back (I hope that's not the case), they are better than # 24.

Buchholz beat a team who is now 4-4 and you might say B Trail had a tough schedule and only lost to really good teams but that just means you aren’t good. When you lose to the only good teams on your schedule that means you aren’t good. And Buchholz other big win was Vanguard and they just got obliterated Friday. While I am no fan of Gainesville football, high school or college, I have to give credit where it's due. Buchholz beat BT very easily while much higher rated teams (Mainland and St. Auggie) struggled with BT. Certainly, at this stage, Buchholz has earned the benefit of the doubt. Just ask our favorite Lakeland fan on this board his opinion. I am certain that he would say they are the favorite over Lakeland at this point come playoffs.

Regarding Treasure Coast, they have a chance this Friday to either earn their rating or get booted. 

30 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

No. Teams are way different from week 1 to week 10. You can’t compare scores either. And we are just gonna forget about Homestead dog walking them? 

Palmetto beats Homestead, and Columbus beats Palmetto. So comparing scores, you would say without a shadow of a doubt Columbus will beat Homestead right? WRONG!!!! 

I see you have crickets related to my rebuttal. I understand, you can't justify dropping Columbus that far or not giving Buchholz their just due. 

On 10/22/2023 at 7:30 PM, nolebull813 said:

Its a slippery slope when it comes to comparing so i’ll still say you punished columbus worse than Lakeland. As those two losses are to two completely different caliber of teams. As you did say homestead stamped CAI so how can A lakeland team that just lost this game be better than columbus in any way? Thats my confusion but Once again I respect your opinion nolebully. 

1 minute ago, cribboy305 said:

Its a slippery slope when it comes to comparing so i’ll still say you punished columbus worse than Lakeland. As those two losses are to two completely different caliber of teams. As you did say homestead stamped CAI so how can A lakeland team that just lost this game be better than columbus in any way? Thats my confusion but Once again I respect your opinion nolebully

Freudian slip or intentional, that's hilarious! :D

On 10/22/2023 at 8:48 PM, DarterBlue2 said:

They are playing better football right now than: Seminole, CCC, Lakeland, and probably Palmetto and Coconut Creek. 

Most of those teams have played far better teams than Buchholz too 

I would also say Sanford Seminole and Coconut Creek both have impressed me more 

32 minutes ago, SportsFan said:

Most of those teams have played far better teams than Buchholz too 

I would also say Sanford Seminole and Coconut Creek both have impressed me more 

We will see what Seminole has on Friday of this week. My guess is that their weaknesses are amplified, but I could be wrong. 

Buchholz beat Bartram Trail much more convincingly that either St. Augustine or Mainland did. Now maybe BT has fallen off, or maybe Buchholz is the real deal. Time will tell. 

20 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

We will see what Seminole has on Friday of this week. My guess is that their weaknesses are amplified, but I could be wrong. 

Buchholz beat Bartram Trail much more convincingly that either St. Augustine or Mainland did. Now maybe BT has fallen off, or maybe Buchholz is the real deal. Time will tell. 

Mainland has played close with a few teams this year and honestly I think St Augustine is a significantly overvalued team that won't make it out of regionals