Finals Streaming for OOS Fans

Floridalawguy

Generally, what you should expect is a decision that reflects limited forethought and silly assumptions. So, making viewing the games exclsuively available to people who subscribe to a particular cable service is one likely scenario. The idea that people might use services like YouTubeTV rather than one cable company is likely beyond the minds of those making the decisions. 

25 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

Generally, what you should expect is a decision that reflects limited forethought and silly assumptions. So, making viewing the games exclsuively available to people who subscribe to a particular cable service is one likely scenario. The idea that people might use services like YouTubeTV rather than one cable company is likely beyond the minds of those making the decisions. 

Or they are just trying to force you to subscribe to another mostly worthless service. Americans in the 21st century would likely be amazed to find out that their choices are far more limited than those of individuals in what used to be called the third world. 

I'm  thinking of getting a free trial of the FUBO service which does carry Bally Sports.  The issue for NJ, and elsewhere, is whether the Sports Sun or Sports Florida "channels" are viewable for them.  Bally restricts viewership based on your local area.  

Link below tells what your eligible for.  

https://getmyhometeams.com/

I just exchanged email with John Colasanti, who is the Coordinator of Contract Management for the FHSAA.  John assured me that if I just contact Bally, they can get me hooked up with the games.  Bally then responded:

"I want to express my heartfelt apologies for the situation, but if [Bally Sports] is not available in your area, there is no way you can watch it through Bally Sports."

It's crazy that the FHSAA is shutting out OOS  people like parents, grandparents, military family members on assignment, and enthusiasts like me, who will miss out on watching their relatives and friends playing in a state championship game.  I wonder if this thought even entered into their minds as they negotiated this contract.  Shame on the FHSAA.

[And FYI, this is the first time since 2003 that I will not be able to watch the (now 4M) final either in person or on demand.]

Just as expected. There are genuinely clueless people making crucial decisions. One thing we can be certain of: there isn't a single person involved with this decision making process that will be able to explain the rationale behind forgoing the revenue stream from OOS viewers so as to freeze them (us) out of viewing.   

11 hours ago, imjustafan2 said:

I haven't signed up for Bally yet, but when I looked into it from TN, I changed the zip code to my old FL area and it changed the choices to FL. I guess I'll find out Friday if that works.

I thought about doing this, but on the Ball Sports website, when you go to enter in a new zip code, it reads:

This zip code is your Your Home Zip Code , which determines what content is available for you to stream. Your first stream must occur in your Home Zip Code.

So if I sign up using my old Ft Lauderdale zip code, I'd have to go back there to watch my first game...  Ugh.

40 minutes ago, Floridalawguy said:

I thought about doing this, but on the Ball Sports website, when you go to enter in a new zip code, it reads:

This zip code is your Your Home Zip Code , which determines what content is available for you to stream. Your first stream must occur in your Home Zip Code.

So if I sign up using my old Ft Lauderdale zip code, I'd have to go back there to watch my first game...  Ugh.

That sounds so stupid.. 

On 12/6/2023 at 1:10 PM, Floridalawguy said:

I've been able to view all the games from California! Hope they don't pull the rug out from me come tomorrow!