Braden River at Venice round 2

941football

I have to be honest I dont post much just because I enjoy reading about what is going on around the state. As I wake up today this should be a match up both teams have been kind of forseeing. Without too much looking forward and taking care of what is in front of you next friday night is anticapted to have the largest crowd since the Pouncy brothers and #1 in the nation Lakeland played at Venice.

As far as the game itself, neither team is the favorite by any margin.

Agree with your assessment of favorite. I could see either team winning. It may come down to who learned the most from the first meeting and which team can make better adjustments. I will say again that I thought both teams were state caliber. And while beating St. Thomas is a steep hill to climb, I don't think it is undo-able for either team. I may make it there for this game. Certainly, if you were a bit closer to where I live, it would be my most likely game given that the team I root for has been eliminated. So, as of now, I must choose between:

1. Seminole/Lake Brantley

2. Cocoa/Jones

3. Venice/Braden River

4. Winter Park/Timber Creek

5. Mainland/Sebastian River

6. Riverview/Dr. Phillips

7. Palm Bay/Bishop Moore

Games 3, 5, 6 and 7, involve pretty long drives. For that reason alone, I am eliminating Mainland/Seastian River as I think this will be a blowout. Cocoa/Jones could be a blowout, too. However, I think Jones has the talent to make a game of it., and the game is not that far away. It remains to see if Jones has the will to play Cocoa hard. So the most likely two would be games 1 and 4, with 7 also a possibility. But, I am tempted to do the Venice game just because both of the teams involved are among the best I have seen live all year.

Being this is at home it gives Venice the slight edge. If the game were at Braden River the role is reversed.

My guess is Raymond Thomas will get the ball more for Braden River. They showed the could pass the ball but I have watched that kid run it up on us last year. Fenwick is a big target that does not get the credit he probably should.

Venice needs to get out in front and stay ahead. That will keep the crowd into it. Defense just needs a few stops here and there to limit their offensive drives. With the no huddle Venice runs the defense is put in tough positions some times. I can only hope to see the offense score early and often.

In any cas my son has played against Josh Booker on many occasions. He is a talented kid. Played him in basketball and football for a few years. He tranfered away from Sarasota due to the mystic of Manatee. When Venice played Manatee I could count the number of rushing attempts he had on my one had.

Venice has a different style of player on its team. If you transfer to Venice it can be very different than what some are used to from the coaching staff.

Turned into a shootout after the half huh?

Venice defense gets a pick returns it for 60 yard to the 17 and then Laroche scores the next play. With in 35 sec our defense was back on the field. Our defense is in shape but scoring 9 times quickly puts a bit of strain in a high intensity game.

Braden River did have more total yards in the second half but it took time off the clock when they scored.

Overall assessment was Braden River tried using there size and athletes both ways. They did it in the first game as well but this time you could physically see them tire out. Then the 2 way players stopped both ways and it was the beginning of the end.

Rumors were a couple of their players got in trouble and did not play so that was a distraction that did not help.

Braden River also was rumored to have called  the FHSAA and asked them to ban the use of the Golf Cart with lights and the cannon after any scoring or big plays. They artificial noise was a distraction I guess. We then had a sign that said BANG instead of the cannon.

In all honesty I thought Braden River played better in the first game. I thought Venice played the same.