Mainland Coach Travis Roland takes Camden County Head Coach Job

OHS_Kboys

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JDHoss said:

We went to a game at Camden Co probably 10 years or so ago. Camden Co v Valdosta. Nice facility and they had a huge crowd. 

Camden plays the worst Florida teams they can find. It’s disgusting how they operate in that regard. Most of South Georgia does. It will be interesting to see if it’s systemic or the coaches before him lacked the testicular fortitude to play good even competition 

11 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Camden plays the worst Florida teams they can find. It’s disgusting how they operate in that regard. Most of South Georgia does. It will be interesting to see if it’s systemic or the coaches before him lacked the testicular fortitude to play good even competition 

Camden beat a State Champ Miami Central if memory serves correct. 

27 minutes ago, smashmouth80 said:

Yeah about 15 years ago. Im talking at least a decade. If you want to go back all time I’m sure they played some decent teams over the course of Thor history. But the last 10 years have been atrocious. 

38 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Yeah about 15 years ago. Im talking at least a decade. If you want to go back all time I’m sure they played some decent teams over the course of Thor history. But the last 10 years have been atrocious. 

They haven't been nearly as good the last 10 years or so. 

20 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I'm not sure what that has to do with why Roland should or shouldn't take the job.  Plenty of community support in Kingsland,  and if I had to guess, a better paying job than Mainland. I've seen plenty of Mainland games over the years, including Maronto's final game after the prostitution sting and they never had the kind of turnout that I saw in Kingsland that night.

14 hours ago, JDHoss said:

I'm not sure what that has to do with why Roland should or shouldn't take the job.  Plenty of community support in Kingsland,  and if I had to guess, a better paying job than Mainland. I've seen plenty of Mainland games over the years, including Maronto's final game after the prostitution sting and they never had the kind of turnout that I saw in Kingsland that night.

I don’t think I mentioned one thing about Roland or his desire to take the job. I simply said Camden has systemically for at least a decade went out of their way to find the worst FL opponents they can find and that’s not an opinion, the coach said it in his own words. He said he doesn’t want to play a good team because his region is so tough he doesn’t want to be banged up. 

The issue falls on the Florida teams as well. The coaches prostituting their teams for money. It’s disgusting. 

What I did say about Roland is it will be interesting to see how he schedules when he gets his chance. If he gets his chance 

On 3/13/2024 at 10:19 AM, smashmouth80 said:

Correct !  I see "Trollbull" is still at it, talking trash. Drove up for that barn burner about 50 miles north of Jacksonville in the sticks. Rockets couldn't stop the run and they couldn't stop the pass. Camden 45-42. I also believe they came down to STA that season or the next.  

On 3/13/2024 at 8:21 PM, JDHoss said:

See your ID says Ft Pierce. Ever see Randy "Sweetback" Walker play ?  That Ft Pierce Central alum was the best running back I ever saw live... Quick and smooth as he glided through the defense (Sweet).

16 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Correct !  I see "Trollbull" is still at it, talking trash. Drove up for that barn burner about 50 miles north of Jacksonville in the sticks. Rockets couldn't stop the run and they couldn't stop the pass. Camden 45-42. I also believe they came down to STA that season or the next.  

The current players were in diapers when that game was played. I never said they hadn’t played a good team in their entire history. I said the last decade they have played the worst of the worst from FL

On 3/15/2024 at 12:23 AM, Dan in Daytona said:

See your ID says Ft Pierce. Ever see Randy "Sweetback" Walker play ?  That Ft Pierce Central alum was the best running back I ever saw live... Quick and smooth as he glided through the defense (Sweet).

No, we've only lived in The Fort for six years. Did he play at Central or Westwood?