Venice coach might cancel next season

sunshine state baller

Who are they?

And is it because Florida being down or STA being that good?

Give me BTW, Carol City, Northwestern and AHP all in their prime this year and I think they all could possibly hang within 10.  Central in their prime a slim chance and possibly Southridge with their D of late (would have a very, very slim chance of not getting embarrassed.)

Broward is way down this year at the publics.  STA is probably about the same as last year.  Better offense overall this year, better defense last year.  More depth this year but better best players on each side of the ball last year (Sam Bruce/Nick Bosa).

They are playing by the rules but, private schools can "openly recruit" and publics can't. Very simple.

I don't know the "openly recruit" theory as well as you but that is not the reason Venice lost that game last night.  Trust me.

Respectfully speaking....Venice would have got handled by about 10 public schools last night (particularly strong defensive teams) and struggled to beat about 10 more public schools in SFL.  I got no reason to side here...Honestly, Venice was too light in the middle and did not have enough overall team speed to compete with the top SFL schools.

When was the last time STA went undefeated? This not even STA strongest team and they will never lose to a public school again? They have a terrible qb ... I would love to see Carol City , Da West and Central play STA right now.. It's a reason BTW beat STA this year and not cause of that controversial to call.. One thing STA has over schools down here are the line play... Well Da West MC and Carol City has a big enough front and fast D to play againt STA... These stuff ain't fluke either.. While you Central and up north guys scared to play STA the kids and crazy coaches down here are not . 181 coach Harriet is only 1-3 against BTW and MC...

Agree. STA is probably close to the same level as last year. There were Broward Public teams that went right down to the wire with STA last year and one of them beat them. I'm not even including Miramar in that group. Check the box scores for those games with STA and all of those teams and you will there are even parts of the game that STA got DOMINATED. Broward publics are way down this year and they will be back. It has been running in cycles for years. Deerfield Beach this year was probably not even as good as last year's team and look how far they went. This AHP team is probably not even as good as last year either. Flanagan was way down. Hallandale was way down. Miramar was not a playoff team.

I still think this STA team is better than the last few years. They are huge at the Line and so deep. this easily could have been a national champ year without a couple fluke losses. To me this team is a little better than the last few tears. Havent seen the run game this strong since 2008-2009.

Almost every team that has competed with or beat STA the last few years has had a FBS heavy roster. That is one common denominator that has not been brought up.

Western High School right now has more FBS offers than Venice on their roster. Just something to think about...

Miami Norland , Mater, Miami Edison all have more then Venice

I still think this STA team is better than the last few years. They are huge at the Line and so deep. this easily could have been a national champ year without a couple fluke losses. To me this team is a little better than the last few tears. Havent seen the run game this strong since 2008-2009.

Overall offense - yes.  QB - Allen looks better.  RB - 2016 Depth for sure.  OL , I give a edge to this year - especially depth.  WRs tie.  But Sam Bruce last year was more explosive than anything they have this year.  Defensively, I'll start with one word - Bosa.  Most dominant player on the field.  DE's were deep last year as well and the I lean 2015 DL.  LBs and secondary are close.  Special teams is close.  Kicker was better last year.  Overall team depth is 2016.

Both the 2015 and 2016 STA teams showed improvements through the regular season.  But you may be right..Perhaps 2016 is stronger.   I would say no more than 7 pts better than last though.  Bosa and Bruce were just dominant to me.

Miami Norland , Mater, Miami Edison all have more then Venice

Venice did all they need to do in very impressive fashion up until STA.  They appear to be very well coached and maximized their potential in 2016.  I believe the Defenses they may have faced this year made them appear very, very strong.  Had they played  decent defensive SFL teams like a Norland, Edison or something they may have figured out what they would be up against and perhaps they could have adjusted and prepared better. 

The Venice coach is right in the sense that it is almost impossible to compete with a team with 40 FBS players.

He should also understand that when you only have 4 or 5 FBS players on your team it is even hard to compete with teams that have 10+ FBS players.  To conclude there are probably 25+ schools in SFL with more FBS players than Venice.  Probably 10+  of those schools  have 15 + FBS level players on their roster.

So you lose by 20 instead of 40...

I bet Plant has 10 - 15 FBS level players on their roster.

Give me BTW, Carol City, Northwestern and AHP all in their prime this year and I think they all could possibly hang within 10.  Central in their prime a slim chance and possibly Southridge with their D of late (would have a very, very slim chance of not getting embarrassed.)

Broward is way down this year at the publics.  STA is probably about the same as last year.  Better offense overall this year, better defense last year.  More depth this year but better best players on each side of the ball last year (Sam Bruce/Nick Bosa).

How many teams do you think in Florida come within 10 points of STA?

Carol City.   Maybe AHP and MNW, but ehhh not so sure.  

Overall offense - yes.  QB - Allen looks better.  RB - 2016 Depth for sure.  OL , I give a edge to this year - especially depth.  WRs tie.  But Sam Bruce last year was more explosive than anything they have this year.  Defensively, I'll start with one word - Bosa.  Most dominant player on the field.  DE's were deep last year as well and the I lean 2015 DL.  LBs and secondary are close.  Special teams is close.  Kicker was better last year.  Overall team depth is 2016.

Both the 2015 and 2016 STA teams showed improvements through the regular season.  But you may be right..Perhaps 2016 is stronger.   I would say no more than 7 pts better than last though.  Bosa and Bruce were just dominant to me.

Problem with Sam Bruce is he's not an easy target for a QB like Allen.   Guys like Sam Bruce need super accurate Qb's to thrive.  Way too easy to overthrow/underthrow him with his speed and small stature.   I'm not sure about this, but I'd bet STA has a better passing game this year over last year (Stat wise).    I could be wrong, but it just feels that way, some of it could be due to the run game being so strong it opens up more.  

You Broward posters are delusional. No Broward team will EVER beat STA again as long as Harriett remains the coach and as long as people look the other way. 

I think you're exaggerating a bit.  Other south florida schools get transfers and attract loaded teams.   There's 4-5 strong publics in Dade Broward every year, this year they were all in dade.   Last year most were in Broward.      

Problem with Sam Bruce is he's not an easy target for a QB like Allen.   Guys like Sam Bruce need super accurate Qb's to thrive.  Way too easy to overthrow/underthrow him with his speed and small stature.   I'm not sure about this, but I'd bet STA has a better passing game this year over last year (Stat wise).    I could be wrong, but it just feels that way, some of it could be due to the run game being so strong it opens up more.  

You are probably right...I think that is why they used him with screens and in the flats a lot - making it easier for Allen to hit a quick easy target - higher pct. passes...   Bruce's YAC (YardsAferCarrry) was ridiculous last year.

The thing though is a school like Bolles or sta the kids can live on campus dorms

Most publics don't have that so they would accually still have to move unless they in a big city

I went to STA, never heard of anyone living on campus.   Unless things changed.   STA isn't a boarding school.  

You are probably right...I think that is why they used him with screens and in the flats a lot - making it easier for Allen to hit a quick easy target - higher pct. passes...   Bruce's YAC (YardsAferCarrry) was ridiculous last year.

I think guys like Merrell and some of the other seniors are underrated.  Either that or Allen just has a better connection with them.   It almost seems that Allen has played better since Grimes went out.   Sounds crazy right?   Think of the end of the BG game.   

I think guys like Merrell and some of the other seniors are underrated.  Either that or Allen just has a better connection with them.   It almost seems that Allen has played better since Grimes went out.   Sounds crazy right?   Think of the end of the BG game.   

I like Merrell.  Very good and am surprised he is a FAU commit with offers from BCs schools....

Good point.  Perhaps it forced Allen to scan the field better.  Would STA have won that game if Grimes does not go out in the third qtr?

The thing about Grimes on the field is he is effective even when you don't throw to him.  He is either getting mostly double covered or forcing the best DB on him every time.