Columbia football 2017

DisabledAccount

What i saw was as long as everyone follows their assignments and doesn't get confused by the motion and stuff they do it not that hard to stop

And i was hoping for mainland vs Columbia as soon as other game fell through

I agree with your assessment on how to slow down the Apopka running game. It takes disciplined athletes who know their responsibilities. The Mainland defense is always overly aggressive. They all want to be in on every tackle. Trickery and misdirection can take advantage of this tendency. Athletic teams that play Apopka on a yearly basis (DP, Osc-Kiss) do a better job at containing their powerful run game. They are used to seeing it, others aren't...... Mainland should play in the north. Any student of geography can see that. Lake City,among others would be good competition. Maybe someday soon that may happen. Chicken wings on me when it does....go Tigers

Regular season schedule

1 Gainesville

2 @Suwannee

3 buchholz

4 @Lee *

5 @Madison

6 Trinity Christian

Bye Week

8 Atlantic Coast *

9 @Fletcher *

10 First Coast *

11 @Chiles

That is by no means an easy schedule. If Columbia gets through it, with only a couple of losses, that will be an accomplishment. Is Dylan Blair going to be able to replace Davin Schuck? Or is there another QB in the mill?

That is by no means an easy schedule. If Columbia gets through it, with only a couple of losses, that will be an accomplishment. Is Dylan Blair going to be able to replace Davin Schuck? Or is there another QB in the mill?

It will be a qb battle between Blair and Jordan Smith (upcoming sophomore)

Blair probably has the better qb arm but Smith more athletic and moves a lot faster

My biggest concern is Blair has struggled in the few chances he has already gotten (buchholz) and also did throw 1 pass in Lincoln playoff game (pick 6 on fake field goal attempt) so it's hard for me personally to have confidence but outside of that only question mark is replacing the secondary but rest of team looks good

Only 2 varsity starters on offense (qb and rb) and rb has plenty of depth

Also lots of upcoming defenders for 2019 class who have lots of potential, if we get qb situation right ik we can get to Orlando and have a good chance of winning back our district we lost to Lee last year