2017 columbia schedule

DisabledAccount

• 1 month later...

First let's find out what Columbia has going on. Didn't they get a few transfers in?  

Any words on the names, positions or previous schools? 

If we can keep track of dozens in the transfer circus down here, you should be able to know what is going on with Columbia and even neighboring Bartram Trail for that matter. 

I'm not buying a guy that walks the Columbia sidelines and interacts with the team 8 months a year, and is heavily involved had no idea what is going on with the Columbia Tigers. 

Am I going to have to find out some transfers in and out of Columbia and Bartram Trail for you?

Softball season is over my friend. Back to business!

2 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

First let's find out what Columbia has going on. Didn't they get a few transfers in?  

Any words on the names, positions or previous schools? 

If we can keep track of dozens in the transfer circus down here, you should be able to know what is going on with Columbia and even neighboring Bartram Trail for that matter. 

I'm not buying a guy that walks the Columbia sidelines and interacts with the team 8 months a year, and is heavily involved had no idea what is going on with the Columbia Tigers. 

Am I going to have to find out some transfers in and out of Columbia and Bartram Trail for you?

Softball season is over my friend. Back to business!

I never can get a hold of names since no one ever tells me because they know if they do that i would post it on here and newspaper doesent ever list transfer names so i can't get names until next year roster is posted

Previous schools i heard we got transfers from was Union county, Mayo, and Suwannee 

Also one of our 2019 DL starters transferred to apopka 

According to the Lake City Reporter article our Junior qb who in a qb battle sustained a broken hand this past Friday in purple gold scrimmage and out a month

So he won't play in the bartram trail game and will be out into June  I'll try seeing if i can send the article later

2 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

According to the Lake City Reporter article our Junior qb who in a qb battle sustained a broken hand this past Friday in purple gold scrimmage and out a month

So he won't play in the bartram trail game and will be out into June  I'll try seeing if i can send the article later

Better now than in the fall.  Always better to get all of your injuries over and past you in spring football. ;-)

I know Broward but it not good for a potential starter to lose experience plus this means he might end up missing the June camp so that's 2 big time opportunities to get some chemistry and competition experience to prepare for the fall, maybe he somehow gets cleared by that June camp which is about a month out from now

but I see your point, better it happens now before the official games start but with him potentially taking over as starting QB come fall he needs all the practice he can get so he can build chemistry with the receivers and get experience running the offense

31 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Did Dylan Blair get injured? Believe he was the backup to Schuck last season. Does Blair have a decent backup? Columbia looks pretty good in most other departments, though.

That's what the Lake City Reporter was reporting and I'm not sure, the only other qb on varsity roster (to my knowledge) only got varisty snaps last year as a receiver 

This game gonna be interesting 

We basically already got adversity to overcome and we haven't even gotten out of spring yet,  we got to go play a 3rd round 7a playoff team with a qb who qb reps came as the jv qb last year,  looks like rest of the team going to need to step up to make up for the qb trouble we got going into Friday 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Ok I'm being told chiles week 11 fell through so columbia needs either a new week 7 or 11 opponent 

Anyone know who still got openings that week 

Boca Raton is the only one I see (and they could've filled it by now) but I know that y'all aren't coming down for that game and they need it at home. (But they would consider returning the trip next year) 

1 hour ago, SportsNut25 said:

Boca Raton is the only one I see (and they could've filled it by now) but I know that y'all aren't coming down for that game and they need it at home. (But they would consider returning the trip next year) 

Considering they had planned to take a road game with chiles they might consider it but i doubt they willing to take a game in Palm Beach, especially after how big a deal they made about having to travel to Pensacola this past year 

Another option is we can take week 7 game and make week 11 our bye week

I heard Bolles open week 7 so that could be a option 

8 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I would actually be interested in a Columbia @ Boca Raton matchup.  Considering Columbia prefers to, and plays better on the road, I think that would be interesting match up.....

Can you try to get some wind going on this game, Columbia?  

I would definitely make it over to that game!

Beilive me broward if i had any control over our schedule i would take this game in a heartbeat but the problem is I'm uncertain if our administration is going to approve a travel like this because according to county policy any athletic travel over 3 hours requires charter busses or alternative transportation so that means our administration then has to approve the rental of a charter bus which they seem to hate doing and after how much they lost last year bc of only having 3 home games and the Pensacola game they probably will try and avoid any real travel this year to make up for it but I'll be more than happy to try and plant seeds and hope they take this game