Gainesville?

DisabledAccount

Well Eastside is going to be going through some growing pains still, but they are likely contend better at the same time. It is just part of the process Ceddrick Daniels is having to take the team through. They had a shootout against Dixie County in their spring game which game early on May 12. They lost that one. It was like 55-35 on the score (don't quote me, don't have the score right in front of me)

Buchholz should be right in it again for their district. They beat Ponte Vedra in their spring game. Buchholz looked pretty good with their athletes and with a dedicated coaching staff, that is helping them out along the way.

Gainesville High themselves seemed to play it pretty close with West Orange. Gainesville High should be in the mix for runner-up, but with their district expanded now all the way to the southern of Lake County with South Lake in the district, I am not sure if any other team besides Vanguard will reach the playoffs. It all depends on how districts 6, 7 and 8 shake out. 

P.K. Yonge seemed to have an interesting time at the Hawthorne jamboree. Can't really take away a lot of things given they played controlled quarters with various time amounts agreed upon by the coaches. They will be playing a lot of 1A schools this year while being in Class 4A. They are part of the Mid-Florida Conference which has Trenton, Lafayette and a few others.

Oak Hall and St. Francis, not sure about totally on them, but once I talk to the coaches and get them to fill out the questionnaire I will have a better idea.

Santa Fe, Newberry, and Hawthorne I need to read up a little bit more on to give an honest assessment. 

http://www.gainesville.com/sports/20170528/ghs-looking-for-bounce-back-after-disappointing-season

I found this as well

I also heard rumors that one of our receivers from Last year at GHS But i probably won't be able to confirm until August when they post roster on maxpreps and want to find out sooner lol

Ty for the preview also,  that will help with making my preseason list

Buchholz will be coming on down to Ocala for the KO Classic. I guess we will find out at that time the pluses and minuses of both the Bobcats and Trinity Catholic. Our Classic with them last season was a 3 point difference. The Celtics will have a solid team this year with a new QB who is fast and mobile and a huge experienced OL. He's going to be a good one. Buchholz has their excellent  Jr QB back, Camden Orth, nearly 2000 yards passing in 2016. However, they lost their two top RB's and WR to graduation.

1 minute ago, Proseteye said:

Buchholz will be coming on down to Ocala for the KO Classic. I guess we will find out at that time the pluses and minuses of both the Bobcats and Trinity Catholic. Our Classic with them last season was a 3 point difference. The Celtics will have a solid team this year with a new QB who is fast and mobile and a huge experienced OL. He's going to be a good one. Buchholz has their excellent  Jr QB back, Camden Orth, nearly 2000 yards passing in 2016. However, they lost their two top RB's and WR to graduation.

While Buchholz did lose some to graduation, I think they got some quality guys ready to step up from what I did get to see. 

10 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

Buchholz Will be playoff team as will bartram trail 

Im curious to see if bartram can finally take the regular season game and finally win their District since if i recall correctly they have never won a district title 

If Bartram Trail can get a D together they could be dangerous.  Watched some film on them and I like their QB and offense.

6 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

If Bartram Trail can get a D together they could be dangerous.  Watched some film on them and I like their QB and offense.

Offense is talented, but because of that defense we should have beaten them

If you can find any film on that spring game you will see 2 offenses that showed up and 2 defenses that didn't 

33 points given up by bartram

51 by Columbia 

Normally spring games have low scoring but not that one 

What surprised me was gatewood didn't even start for bartram,  he lined up at reciever most of game and usually would only be at qb on run plays like a wildcat qb would do