Jax Preview 2017

DisabledAccount

Just now, KeemD321 said:

Cocoa definitely will be as good as next year with one of the fastest quarterbacks in the state and another one that sling the ball. Defense is still the focal point for Cocoa.

I feel like the TCA game will be a good one in Jacksonville. Bartram Trail is coming to Cocoa. If Bartram Trail isn't dynamic or more than one playmaker they will have a rough time. But we will see how they do against Cartersville Ga

Their best player is Joey gatewood 

He listed as qb but when we played them in spring he also lined up at reciever and running back

Outside of him i didn't see anyone that i would consider a game breaker, just be glad you play them week 2 and not November lol 

For some reason they are twice the team in November than regular season lol

2 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

Bartram struggled with quick and fast receivers, my guess is they not as strong in the secondary so if cocoa has speed on outside i don't imagine cocoa having any problems scoring 

Cocoa has good team speed again especially at the skill position with one of the fastest slots/rb/ATH in the nation with a 4.36 40yd dash

1 minute ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

As of now, I would make Jones a contender as well. 

Cardinal Gibbons has hired former long time Broward County Wing T guru and Taravella HC  Dan Marguriet as their OC.  

Jones might be talented but i still have questions about them that i probably won't speak too much into but you already know what I'm talking about broward

4 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

Their best player is Joey gatewood 

He listed as qb but when we played them in spring he also lined up at reciever and running back

Outside of him i didn't see anyone that i would consider a game breaker, just be glad you play them week 2 and not November lol 

For some reason they are twice the team in November than regular season lol

Cocoa plays at TCA week 1 in a rematch from last season's opener and they play at Bartram week 8

7 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

Jones might be talented but i still have questions about them that i probably won't speak too much into but you already know what I'm talking about broward

No. I don't know what you're talking about.

As far as I'm concerned the FHSAA has made allegations about Jones incoming transfers that to this day they have failed to support a case for. 

We are 5 weeks away from August. If the FHSAA does not support a case by then with Jones breaking rules it is a bit of concern to me.

Is the FHSAA deliberately waiting till August to show evidence so these student athletes will be displaced academically and athletically as a form of punishment to their futures?

1 minute ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

No. I don't know what you're talking about.

As far as I'm concerned the FHSAA has made allegations about Jones incoming transfers that to this day they have failed to support a case for. 

We are 5 weeks away from August. If the FHSAA does not support a case by then with Jones breaking rules it is a bit of concern to me.

Is the FHSAA deliberately waiting till August to show evidence so these student athletes will be displaced academically and athletically as a form of punishment to their futures?

As sad as it is to say it is a possibility but then again fhsaa usually takes their time on stuff like this so they might just be taking the tortoise approach and deciding they don't feel the need to make a decision that quickly but usually when you start a investigation and find nothing surely you will come out and say you are finished and found nothing instead of holding a investigation in the background which might scare other athletes from wanting to transfer to Jones but who knows 

I still am interested how much weight will be played into the comments their principal made When he resigned 

10 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

That's cool that you both will have a common opponent there

How come mainland and cocoa don't play 

They've been scheduled to play the past 2 seasons. The first time they were posed to meet in Cocoa but they both decided to play St.Eds Ohio in back to back weeks instead and last season they were slated to play in Daytona the week before district play opened up but got cancelled due to storms. Cocoa has played Seabreeze a couple seasons. But Seabreeze was heavily overmatched and you can see just by the scores

Just now, KeemD321 said:

They've been scheduled to play the past 2 seasons. The first time they were posed to meet in Cocoa but they both decided to play St.Eds Ohio in back to back weeks instead and last season they were slated to play in Daytona the week before district play opened up but got cancelled due to storms. Cocoa has played Seabreeze a couple seasons. But Seabreeze was heavily overmatched and you can see just by the scores

That's a shame 

Mainland vs cocoa would have been a great game 

Just now, columbiahighfan said:

That's a shame 

Mainland vs cocoa would have been a great game 

Especially the past 2 seasons. I wish they would've played instead of going to St.Eds. even tho they both played pretty good against a top ranked squad.  I felt like Cocoa put up a hard fought game against them. As well as Mainland.  But it would've been a much better game and crowd #1 in Brevard vs #1 in Volusia.  #1 vs #2 in the Brighthouse rankings last season

4 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

Why don't cocoa go to the ucf camp? 

I honestly don't know. But I do know they go to alot of camps held at different universities so that all players get recruited and looked at. They even get players to go to position specific camps. It's gone a long way in getting scholarship offers and opportunities for the student athletes at Cocoa to receive higher education and go places they've never thought they could go.

16 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

As sad as it is to say it is a possibility but then again fhsaa usually takes their time on stuff like this so they might just be taking the tortoise approach and deciding they don't feel the need to make a decision that quickly but usually when you start a investigation and find nothing surely you will come out and say you are finished and found nothing instead of holding a investigation in the background which might scare other athletes from wanting to transfer to Jones but who knows 

I still am interested how much weight will be played into the comments their principal made When he resigned 

It would really suck if the rules broken were by Jones staff and the student athletes felt the brunt of the punishment - having nothing to do with, and no control of the matter.

4 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

As of now, I would make Jones a contender as well. 

Cardinal Gibbons has hired former long time Broward County Wing T guru and Taravella HC  Dan Marguriet as their OC.  

I didnt know CG fired they OC from last year & awww man so now we got to defend the wing T when they come to town smh why isn't we can't find these GOOD OCS & HC' S LOL