Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Joshua Wilson

      Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

      Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

      Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

      For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
Sign in to follow this  
ColumbiaHighFan2017class

Jax Preview 2017

Recommended Posts

After seeing how jax area did last year i figured this year we could have a lot to talk about with jax going into 2017

 

Any early predictions for the area 

 

@JaxFootballGuy is sandalwood supposed to be down this year, they don't seem as loaded this year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using my current top 100 preseason rankings that is still being worked on here is my jax area top 10 for 2017 preseason 

 

Jax top 10

1 Jax Trinity Christian 

2 Ponte Vedra 

3 Robert E Lee 

4 Bartram Trail 

5 Raines

6 Sandalwood 

7 Bolles

8 Clay

9 University Christian 

10 Ribault 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sandalwood will likely be similar to last season. They don't have the same top level recruits this year, but from everything i've seen, they will be similar to or maybe better than last season's team.

From everything i'm hearing, Lee is the best team in the area. I didn't get a chance to see them in the Spring.

Lee, Raines, Sandalwood, Bolles, Bartram Trail, St. Augustine, Trinity, Ribault are the top teams in the area. I don't know what order they'll finish in, but they are they teams I would definitely put in a pre-season list. Some people throw Columbia in with NE FL since they are part of the Times Union coverage area, but they are definitely in the mix too if you count them as part of the area.

Fletcher, Baker County, Oakleaf, Ponte Vedra, Clay, University Christian probably make up the very top of the next tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JaxFootballGuy said:

Sandalwood will likely be similar to last season. They don't have the same top level recruits this year, but from everything i've seen, they will be similar to or maybe better than last season's team.

From everything i'm hearing, Lee is the best team in the area. I didn't get a chance to see them in the Spring.

Lee, Raines, Sandalwood, Bolles, Bartram Trail, St. Augustine, Trinity, Ribault are the top teams in the area. I don't know what order they'll finish in, but they are they teams I would definitely put in a pre-season list. Some people throw Columbia in with NE FL since they are part of the Times Union coverage area, but they are definitely in the mix too if you count them as part of the area.

Fletcher, Baker County, Oakleaf, Ponte Vedra, Clay, University Christian probably make up the very top of the next tier.

With Lee i get the feeling everything is too good to be true

 

Columbia and sandalwood both were overwhelming favorites last year but we have a bad 3 weeks and finish a District runner up and lose to Lee twice 

 

Sandalwood was supposed to be state contenders with all the talent but lost first round

 

Jax seems to be a hard area to predict bc of all the moving parts that happen with players 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JaxFootballGuy said:

I don't think UC could beat any of the top 10 teams in NE FL, but they are very likely to win state in their class.

I agree with you on that assessment 

 

There may be teams below them who would win head to head but how a team finishes usually impacts rankings and my top 10 was literly listing jax teams in order they on my preseason top 100

 

I did also almost consider teams like St Augustine and baker County being considered with jax but in the end i decided to stick with duval but since most people see bartram trail as jax not St John's i decided to rank them with them lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BrowardHandicapper said:

I have not seen Mandarin mentioned ? Thoughts?

Well for second year in a row they have to replace their coach which seems weird for a team that has a lot of success last 2 years and appeared to turn program around and has to keep replacing their coach

 

They should still have talent and i have them borderline top 100 in florida but question marks remain with how will they handle their coach leaving, (the coach last year is now coach at Lincoln) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Floridatechfootball said:

Lee beat TCA in the spring game second i forgot to mention that my cousin is da HC of Lee

Yeah they did

 

We play both teams within a 3 week period so after those games I'll be able to tell you all about Lee and Trinity Christian 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Floridatechfootball said:

Is TCA considered loaded this year

If anything it seems they a step short of what they are normally 

 

Compared to 75% of jax they loaded but they don't look as strong as past years,  don't be surprised if they fail to make it to states

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, columbiahighfan said:

If anything it seems they a step short of what they are normally 

 

Compared to 75% of jax they loaded but they don't look as strong as past years,  don't be surprised if they fail to make it to states

They are flat out hard to beat in November.  Usually slow starters and peak late. Although they have a tougher postseason road now, I expect to see them in in the thick of things in 5A North.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

If anything it seems they a step short of what they are normally 

 

Compared to 75% of jax they loaded but they don't look as strong as past years,  don't be surprised if they fail to make it to states

Ok i see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BrowardHandicapper said:

They are flat out hard to beat in November.  Usually slow starters and peak late. Although they have a tougher postseason road now, I expect to see them in in the thick of things in 5A North.

Possible AHP vs TCA for states?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

They are flat out hard to beat in November.  Usually slow starters and peak late. Although they have a tougher postseason road now, I expect to see them in in the thick of things in 5A North.

I agree they will be up there but i got a feeling 5a north ends up stopping the run,  at least this year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think cocoa wins both

 

Bartram has a questionable defense so i expect cocoa to put up points, if cocoa shuts down gatewood and his versatile skillset it could get ugly

 

Tca will come out strong looking for payback but they not as loaded as past years 

 

If cocoa is at least as good as last year i give the nod to cocoa in this rematch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, columbiahighfan said:

I think cocoa wins both

 

Bartram has a questionable defense so i expect cocoa to put up points, if cocoa shuts down gatewood and his versatile skillset it could get ugly

 

Tca will come out strong looking for payback but they not as loaded as past years 

 

If cocoa is at least as good as last year i give the nod to cocoa in this rematch 

Cocoa definitely will be as good as next year with one of the fastest quarterbacks in the state and another one that sling the ball. Defense is still the focal point for Cocoa.

I feel like the TCA game will be a good one in Jacksonville. Bartram Trail is coming to Cocoa. If Bartram Trail isn't dynamic or more than one playmaker they will have a rough time. But we will see how they do against Cartersville Ga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  



  • Posts

    • The video is a couple of years old at this point, but my buddies and I have watched it as instinctive of what a coach should generally do on 4th down. It is also the reason why I loved watching Georgia Tech and Paul Johnson's triple option because of how aggressive he was in trying for it on 4th down (except last year). 
       
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbgqKHxzTfU

      A good example of a lack of aggressiveness in hurting the team was the PItt-Penn State game. Pitt on the 1 yard line decides to kick the FG rather than try a 4th attempt from the 1 yard line. The kicker misses the kick and Pitt never really recovers. Pitt was down 7 at the time with 5 minutes left. 

      Interestingly, Denver went for 2 when they were down 1 at home with 30 seconds left and got it and Chicago drove 40 yards in 31 seconds to allow former Gator Eddie Pineiro to hit the game winning 53 yard field goal. 
    • Sorry Jimmyb, Merritt Island will be will be Vero's 56th regular season win in a row !
    • Many schools, including a couple of elite SEC programs, have claimed "fake" titles over the years, Bama being one of them. I'm a long time Gator fan, but I'm not delusional enough to believe the Gators could beat the UCF team of the past three years.
    • If you've ever watched the Paul Feinbaum Show on SEC Network, in reality the Bama Fan Club Show, you would have seen a very upset host and most of his followers condemned UCF, and they continue to condemn UCF today. Kirk Herbstreet on ESPN mocked UCF at the time, but doesn't anymore. On College Football Final (ESPN), Joey Galloway stated just yesterday that UCF deserves to be in the conversation for the CFP.  
    • I don't know why I typed 05 06.  I actually meant 96 but it was 98 I remember that now because we played them that year LOL...  yeah it was ugly.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Popular Contributors

×