Trick play

DisabledAccount

22 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

Columbia High School Coach Craig Howard in his 2nd year against Suwannee High School for a 2pt conversion or or goalline TD did this. So yes, it can work. 

Hmm wasn't aware of that

I just never felt a play like this works with the talent level in Florida 

Especially with the revolution of film study by players and coaches 

Just like this play probably goes bad in college or NFL 

I am pretty sure it was the only time that Howard ran it. Just like the Tebow Jump Pass, you show it once and make people prepare for it. Now, Florida went to that well one too many times and Tebow ended up being intercepted in the SEC championship game against Alabama. 

But you do it once you are up by a lot so that teams waste time preparing for it.

I remember watching an interview with Bobby Bowden in the mid to late 90s in which he was asked why he didn't run as many trick plays as he used to.  He answered that he usually didn't have as good of players back then so he had to run trick plays but now he had the better players and as long as they executed he should win.

On 6/27/2017 at 9:37 PM, Sharkbait said:

I remember watching an interview with Bobby Bowden in the mid to late 90s in which he was asked why he didn't run as many trick plays as he used to.  He answered that he usually didn't have as good of players back then so he had to run trick plays but now he had the better players and as long as they executed he should win.

Well when Florida State got good trick plays weren't as necessary lol