DiLLARD PANTHERS 2017 SEASON PREDiCTiON

9 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

@BrowardHandicapper

What your thoughts on western this year?

Well...I'll go out on a limb and say they might have a slim shot a hanging with Dillard. But I don't think they have the athletes overall or talent to ultimately hang with a inner-city team like Dillard.  Western has not seen a team like Dillard and are probably in over their heads in this one....In the end ....Mighty might be correct.  Dillard in a 27 pt blowout over Western!!!

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

You are essentially saying Dillard is going to average 37 pts a game versus Deerfield Beach, Western , Archbishop McCarthy, and Boynton Beach.  

Dillard scored 38+ points to 3 teams in the last 3 years. 

(2-8) 2015 Monarch 

(1-10) 2015 Northeast

(0-9) 2016 Northeast

Don't have to avg 38+ to win & vs Deerfield I said 24 17 

But against western archbishop & boynton why can't we score 30?

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Well...I'll go out on a limb and say they might have a slim shot a hanging with Dillard. But I don't think they have the athletes overall or talent to ultimately hang with a inner-city team like Dillard.  Western has not seen a team like Dillard and are probably in over their heads in this one....In the end ....Mighty might be correct.  Dillard in a 27 pt blowout over Western!!!

Smh so sad.

I think Western will have better coaching than Dillard. So that helps. Having athletes isn't the be all end all. On top of that, Western has gotten in transfers this offseason as well, one I believe is at cornerback where they sorely needed it.

Western's defense won't be as good as last season's in my opinion but the offense will be better. For you saying that Miramar was down last year (seems like you're excusing Western winning), Western was still the underdog in that game and went to Miramar and won, no matter how many points they won by. I don't get this whole using how a team was 3-4 years ago to determine what they are now. Even looking at last year's team can't give you a total sense of what they'll be this year.

20 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Don't have to avg 38+ to win & vs Deerfield I said 24 17 

But against western archbishop & boynton why can't we score 30?

All I am saying is you are predicting Dillard to score 149 combined points  against those 4 teams.   You talk of these 2017 teams essentially as if they are Northeast or something based on the scores you are predicting...

On 7/19/2017 at 8:31 PM, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

SO we're less then a month away from KOC off classics & I was looking at our (Dillard) schedule I decided to create a thread with predictions of how we see my panthers finishing this 2017 year. So feel free to make your predictions as well.

iN NO PARTiCULAR ORDER❗

BOOKER T WASHiNGTON @ DiLLARD- this is my upset game for 2017 & I'm sticking with it...Will it happen?  Who knows ..but if we do win will it really be considered a upset ?? My PREDiCTiON Dillard 28 Booker T 24 to start 2017 off with a bang.!!

CARDiNAL GiBBONS @ DILLARD...This will be another tough game another tough opponent ...my heart says Dillard but my mind says Gibbons I hope we get the win but I see Gibbons pulling it out PREDICTION GIBBONS 21 DiLLARD 13

WESTERN @ DILLARD western is improved from the dumpster fire they once were but I believe Dillard shows in this game how big the gap is between them to PREDICTION DILLARD 41 Western 14

DILLARD @ DEERFiELD The rivalry is back & play both these teams hate each other cross town rivals use to play every year last time these two met in 2014 @ deerfield the bucks were favored by 14 only to lose 25-7 with Dillard kneeling at the 1 yard line & choosing not to run up the score ...this year I know both teams will be ready Dillard has not lost to Deerfield in 6 plus years & have won the last 3 meetings if I'm not mistaking I say Dillard gets this 1 on the road & starts to open the eyes of those who expected Dillard to lose PREDICTION DILLARD 24 DEERFIELD 17

ARCHBiSHOP MCCARTHY @ DILLARD last time these two met it was a massacre I expect much of the same this year PREDICTION DILLARD 49 ARCHBISHOP 6

DILLARD @ NORTHEAST The last 2 years these teams have met my panthers have won by a combined score of 94-0!!!! I say that continues PREDICTION DILLARD 56 NORTHEAST 0

BOYD ANDERSON @ DILLARD a win vs our down the street rival is way over due we haven't beaten them since what 2008 it's time that trend stops the cobras travel to the PANTHER den for a district matchup ..standing room only crowd ...PREDICTION Dillard finally gets that W by a score of 35-14

BOYNTON BEACH @ DILLARD I know there is gonna be alot of beef this game especially from the tigers since last year our fans raided their stadium made it a home game for us our band played in the stands while their band was on the field causing them to mess up to the point they had to stop & their fans booed lol hahaha....PREDICTION I predict Dillard will sweep the district by winning this game be the district champs no 3 way tie drama lol by the score of 42-20

DILLARD @ STRANAHAN inner city rival play them every year have won the last what 20 meetings I expect that 2 continue PREDICTION DILLARD 38-6

DiLLARD @ ELY.!!! Can this game be played at each others school already for true home field advantage instead of Lockhart stadium ...dillard has lost 4 str8 2 let the last 2 with them not even having 3 wins on the season coming in including the heartbreaker in OT last year!!! Just barfed a little thinking about it!!! Can Dillard new head coach break the trend  ...we will see I know 1 thing ely will actually be good this year so underestimating them will not be an excuse PREDICTION....Smh I don't even know ..ill say DILLARD 21-17 late interception to win it.

FiNiSHES SEASON 9-1 POSSiBLY 8-2 with a lost to either Deerfield or Booker t 

Makes the post season advance to the 2nd round for the 1st time since 2013 & the rest is game on from there.

So it appears you feel Dillard will run away with District 6A-15 for $hi^$ and giggles with Boyd Anderson, Boynton Beach, Archbishop McCarthy, and Northeast?

3 TD+ better than anyone in the District?

17 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

So it appears you feel Dillard will run away with District 6A-15 for $hi^$ and giggles with Boyd Anderson, Boynton Beach, Archbishop McCarthy, and Northeast?

3 TD+ better than anyone in the District?

I wouldn't say 3td+ but i do expect them to win district but i expect that Boyton Beach game to be a close one 

7 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

What about Boyd Anderson?  I understand they are down and not Dillard on paper,  but they have pretty much owned Dillard of late.  

Boyd could play them close but atm Dillard appears to be the favorite in that game

I just don't know how down Boyd Anderson is so i won't be able to gauge that game until Boyd gets a few games under their belt 

To me this is Dillard's best team Offensively (and perhaps overall)  on paper in a while.  You got 3  6'3" FBS WRs (2 transfers from Coconut Creek at WR)  a FBS RB (transfer from Chaminade)  and depth in both of those positions.  You have a SR QB that has grown every year and should be set up for a very strong year.  Need to learn more about the OL but apparently Dillard did have up to 15 transfers added to the roster....

Defensively, they should be much improved in the secondary.  Would like to learn more about the LBs and DL.

LOS is usually solid for Dillard.

I am not denying Dillard should have a strong 2017 showing but I just think Mighty might be underestimating some of Dillard's opponents a bit.

3 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

To me this is Dillard's best team Offensively (and perhaps overall)  on paper in a while.  You got 3  6'3" FBS WRs (2 transfers from Coconut Creek at WR)  a FBS RB (transfer from Chaminade)  and depth in both of those positions.  You have a SR QB that has grown every year and should be set up for a very strong year.  Need to learn more about the OL but apparently Dillard did have up to 15 transfers added to the roster....

Defensively, they should be much improved in the secondary.  Would like to learn more about the LBs and DL.

I am not denying Dillard should have a strong 2017 showing but I just think Mighty might be underestimating some of Dillard's opponents a bit.

Oh i agree he underestimating the opponents lol

4 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Possibly I am or maybe I just feel like Dillard is over due for that type of season lol eaither way hope I'm right.

On 7/20/2017 at 6:30 PM, DB4 said:

I think Western will have better coaching than Dillard. So that helps. Having athletes isn't the be all end all. On top of that, Western has gotten in transfers this offseason as well, one I believe is at cornerback where they sorely needed it.

Western's defense won't be as good as last season's in my opinion but the offense will be better. For you saying that Miramar was down last year (seems like you're excusing Western winning), Western was still the underdog in that game and went to Miramar and won, no matter how many points they won by. I don't get this whole using how a team was 3-4 years ago to determine what they are now. Even looking at last year's team can't give you a total sense of what they'll be this year.

I concur with this

39 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

I concur with this

So that means zoe if were basing Dillard off the team they got now this season & not what they did last year or years b4 ..that means every game Dillard have on there schedule is winnable ? & can go either way especially with the break down broward gave up top of Dillard. 

40 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

So that means zoe if were basing Dillard off the team they got now this season & not what they did last year or years b4 ..that means every game Dillard have on there schedule is winnable ? & can go either way especially with the break down broward gave up top of Dillard. 

That's the thing we're just basing it off paper.. Now if them big boys was coming back on the line of scrimmage I would agree with most of what you said but Dillard seem to disappoint as always besides your favorite 2013 year you love to bring up lol... but I'm in tune with y'all boys...

4 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

That's the thing we're just basing it off paper.. Now if them big boys was coming back on the line of scrimmage I would agree with most of what you said but Dillard seem to disappoint as always besides your favorite 2013 year you love to bring up lol... but I'm in tune with y'all boys...

Dissapoint I wouldn't go that far because of your meeting national ranked competition every first and 2nd round and your not nationally ranked yourself what u expect the last 7 or 8 years it's been that way out Dillard up north in a region like Vero or something & Dillard would see 8 9 win seasons and maybe the 3rd round of the playoffs but that wasn't the case first it was st Thomas in the 06 07 08 years then came American heritage in 5a with Sony Michelle...for a few years ..then came central and etc ...dillard has had talent but nationally ranked talent to hang with the likes of st Thomas & central & etc ..& not many do or have ...just being honest. We have been put in a tough spot but at the same time we accept the challenge like always.

8 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Dissapoint I wouldn't go that far because of your meeting national ranked competition every first and 2nd round and your not nationally ranked yourself what u expect the last 7 or 8 years it's been that way out Dillard up north in a region like Vero or something & Dillard would see 8 9 win seasons and maybe the 3rd round of the playoffs but that wasn't the case first it was st Thomas in the 06 07 08 years then came American heritage in 5a with Sony Michelle...for a few years ..then came central and etc ...dillard has had talent but nationally ranked talent to hang with the likes of st Thomas & central & etc ..& not many do or have ...just being honest. We have been put in a tough spot but at the same time we accept the challenge like always.

Lol Vero do get the easy way out in the playoffs for round 1 especially if we win districts

9 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Man what kind of excuse is that? Cause y'all meet national rank teams that's why y'all can't go past the first or second rd? Nah not buying that.. I done seen Miami Jackson beat them same Sony Michelle and Isaiah McKenzi teams 2 years in a row n should of been a 3rd but that last one Jackson just fumble that game away with literally 3 fumbles on the goal line ... And we all know Jackson was not nationally rank... So that's a bad excuse...

3 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Man what kind of excuse is that? Cause y'all meet national rank teams that's why y'all can't go past the first or second rd? Nah not buying that.. I done seen Miami Jackson beat them same Sony Michelle and Isaiah McKenzi teams 2 years in a row n should of been a 3rd but that last one Jackson just fumble that game away with literally 3 fumbles on the goal line ... And we all know Jackson was not nationally rank... So that's a bad excuse...

Look who your using Jackson...they may not was nationally good but Jackson was elite with the right coaching staff at the helm...them boys at Jackson MC mcc Mnw all dem grew up da getha played against each otha..jackson play the likes of Mnw & etc every year up there in Dade so they see Dade powers almost if not every week Jackson was by far no slouch in the Sony Michelle so that was a horrible example Jackson was easy top 15 in the state.

25 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Look who your using Jackson...they may not was nationally good but Jackson was elite with the right coaching staff at the helm...them boys at Jackson MC mcc Mnw all dem grew up da getha played against each otha..jackson play the likes of Mnw & etc every year up there in Dade so they see Dade powers almost if not every week Jackson was by far no slouch in the Sony Michelle so that was a horrible example Jackson was easy top 15 in the state.

I can tell you this....Jackson has not been a "top 15 team" team in Florida in recent years.  Top 50 - Yes . Perhaps 2011 and 2012.  If Dillard can't set their bar above 2012 Jackson they may as well throw in the towel now...

4 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I can tell you this....Jackson has not been a "top 15 team" team in Florida in recent years.  Top 50 - Yes . Perhaps 2011 and 2012.  If Dillard can't set their bar above 2012 Jackson they may as well throw in the towel now...

I agree but Zoe was comparing 2011 & 2012 Jackson & was saying if Jackson could beat the Sony Michelle American heritage patriots & etc then Dillard should have been able to as well which is why he said Dillard has dissapointed disappointed in his eyes but I can be the first to admit those years in particular Dillard was horrible top 15 or top 50 they was not on Jackson's level playing MNw MC Carol city & Booker t in the same season of course your gonna have 2 or 3 loses in there ...but as far as I'm 2017 Dillard they can't model themselves after no one they have to decide who it is they want to be now in the off season & it's gonna show on the field with discipline dedication & solid coaching Dillard can compete with anybody in the state this year based on paper but if it's the same old Dillard no dedication..giving half effort ...half Ass coaching & just not leaving it all on the field every game Dillard will struggle this year against the likes of Gibbons BTW Deerfield & if they still get in the playoffs by winning there district they will be ran off the field in the first round of its against anyone in district 6a16 .. no excuses just being real 

Looking deeper into Dillard's history it is not just the 6A-16 that has been the achilles heel to Dillard.  Similar type public inner-city Broward programs with arguably similar talent have had their way with Dillard as well.

Dillard the last 10 years (since 2006):

2-8 versus Plantatation

2-9 versus Boyd Anderson

and have gone 3-9 versus rival Blanche Ely since 2004.

Those are fairly compelling numbers that Dade's 6A-16's elite District is not the main/only reason Dillard has been struggling over the years in the playoffs.  

8 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Looking deeper into Dillard's history it is not just the 6A-16 that has been the achilles heel to Dillard.  Similar type public inner-city Broward programs with arguably similar talent have had their way with Dillard as well.

Dillard the last 10 years (since 2006):

2-8 versus Plantatation

2-9 versus Boyd Anderson

and have gone 3-9 versus rival Blanche Ely since 2004.

Those are fairly compelling numbers that Dade's 6A-16's elite District is not the main/only reason Dillard has been struggling over the years in the playoffs.  

You right it hasn't been just the Dade schools Dillard hasn't had a solid coach since Otis Gray they may wasn't perfect with him but dammit they were Solid & opponents knew Dillard was coming since then Dillard hasn't been able to have any solid longevity in the coaching department...& also the generation is Diffrent along with the culture at Dillard these kids have no discipline they don't wanna give maximum effort only thing they care about is their highlight tape it's no longer about the team they can lose by 40 long as their still getting offers their fine. In all honesty there hasn't been a winning attitude in that locker room for a long time from the coach on down...also in recent years Dillard has struggled with teams whose just as athletic & talented as them which is why vs BA plantation & let Dillard has struggled recently because they can't bully those schools those are our rivals for crying out loud. Also the lack of adjustments in games & at halftime Dillard can go into a game with a game plan & it can be some be executed for the first half but when the coaches from the other team adjusts Dillard struggles & from the coaches to the players their looking at each other like what do we do now ?? & this is my alma matar but I got to keep it real no excuses I bleed blue & gray till they drop my grave but facts are facts alot of talent has came through Dillard but if the coaches don't believe they can win & then Instill that attitude & discipline in the players your never gonna reach that next level.