Joe Milton

DarterBlue2

This is just to give some props to Broward Handicapper who first brought this Olympia (via Pahokee), QB prospect to my attention. He has certainly blossomed going into his senior year and could take Olympia more than a round into the playoffs this year. 

Kid is a Michigan commit and big things are expected at the next level. Here is hoping he achieves success!

4 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

This is just to give some props to Broward Handicapper who first brought this Olympia (via Pahokee), QB prospect to my attention. He has certainly blossomed going into his senior year and could take Olympia more than a round into the playoffs this year. 

Kid is a Michigan commit and big things are expected at the next level. Here is hoping he achieves success!

That awesome news for Milton!  It seems like Milton and Coach Hayes have been a good fit for Olympia as they have shown improvements every year.  There is another small connection that was not mentioned in the article.  Coach Hayes coached at Flanagan with former Flanagan HC Devin Bush (in 2014) who is now coaching Michigan with three of his 2015 players.  Milton can pretty much go where he pleases, but I would be willing to bet there is a grapevine connection somewhere in that coincidence. 

32 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

That awesome news for Milton!  It seems like Milton and Coach Hayes have been a good fit for Olympia as they have shown improvements every year.  Of course there is another small connection that was not mentioned in the article.  Coach Hayes coached at Flanagan with former Flanagan HC Devin Bush (in 2014) who is now coaching Michigan with three of his 2015 players.  Milton can pretty much go where he pleases, but I would be willing to bet there is a grapevine connection somewhere in that coincidence. 

That is probably a good assumption. But over the years, a lot of Central Florida kids have gone to Michigan including Apopka's Jeremy Gallon and a kid from Edgewater named, Greg Matthews, though. 

22 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

That is probably a good assumption. But over the years, a lot of Central Florida kids have gone to Michigan including Apopka's Jeremy Gallon and a kid from Edgewater named, Chris Matthews, though. 

Of course WR Eddie McDoom out of 2015 West Orange that is off to a good start there as well!

4 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Of course WR Eddie McDoom out of 2015 West Orange that is off to a good start there as well!

Yep. For some reason, a number of kids from Central Florida seem to like the Midwest. Olympia had another QB go to Northwestern. He is now with the Denver Broncos. And, a number of kids from here have gone to Ohio State, Purdue, and Notre Dame over the years. 

Another area kid in the Midwest is Nick Westbrook, who attended Lake Mary; he has had two very good years at Indiana.

He was under-recruited coming out of high school. But I strongly feel that this young man will have a football career beyond College. In high school he impressed me with his route running ability and his deceptive speed. 

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Another area kid in the Midwest is Nick Westbrook, who attended Lake Mary; he has had two very good years at Indiana.

He was under-recruited coming out of high school. But I strongly feel that this young man will have a football career beyond College. In high school he impressed me with his route running ability and his deceptive speed. 

I just watched some highlights and film.  Impressive.  995 yards last year in the Big 10  is also impressive....  He will likely be one of top WRs in the Big 10 this year.

I wanted Miami to go after Milton for their 2018 QB commit over the kid they have committed now from IMG (Sitkowski). He must be doing something if Jim Harbaugh is after him. I had no idea he was from the Muck. That's pretty cool.