Dr. Phillips vs Orange City University

DarterBlue2

I will probably take in this game Thursday. Although I am picking DP to win, I expect it will be a very close game and I would not be surprised if Orange City wins it.

DP is strong across the board despite losing some key pieces of its state finalist team to graduation. They have replaced QB Marvin Washington with McCray who started for East Ridge last year. He looked capable in the spring game so I don't expect much drop off in that area. DP will be without Safety and return man, Tanner Ingle who is out with a knee injury till mid season. Ingle has been a key player the past two years and will be missed. 

I got to see OC University live for the first time in the spring game against Apopka. They struck me as a very good, well coached team. Against Apopka, their offensive star, Lingard, had a little over half the offensive output (about 115 yards and two of the three touchdowns). However, they have a decent sized O Line and a QB with good arm strength. Their defense was capable, but was burned by three big plays where Davis-Hamilton racked up over 200 of his 370 yards. They kept the game very close till the 4th quarter when they seemed to wear down, allowing Apopka to pull out a comfortable win.

I believe the winner will be by a touchdown or less and see a final score in the range of DP 28 to OC University 24.

I will be going to this game as well.  I see DP wearing down Orange City similar to what Apopka did.  I think DP will win the trenches battle.  If DP doesn't turn it over 3 times like they did vs Osceola I see them winning by 7-10.  I will go 31-21 DP.  It should be a good fun game.

37 minutes ago, badbird said:

I will be going to this game as well.  I see DP wearing down Orange City similar to what Apopka did.  I think DP will win the trenches battle.  If DP doesn't turn it over 3 times like they did vs Osceola I see them winning by 7-10.  I will go 31-21 DP.  It should be a good fun game.

Do you know which week apopka vs lakeland is? 

That should be a great game 

6 minutes ago, Floridatechfootball said:

Even if they beat Oscar Smith i think Playoffs is a different story

It's hard to say. Vero been knocking on the door for some time but gets beat in the playoffs. I think playing Oscar Smith in the regular season helps the team, win or lose. Part of Vero's problem has been a weak district and not enough competition in the non-district schedule. So when the playoffs have come, they get beat due to seeing more battle tested, tougher teams than they are used to. 

18 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

It's hard to say. Vero been knocking on the door for some time but gets beat in the playoffs. I think playing Oscar Smith in the regular season helps the team, win or lose. Part of Vero's problem has been a weak district and not enough competition in the non-district schedule. So when the playoffs have come, they get beat due to seeing more battle tested, tougher teams than they are used to. 

This schedule iight Oscar Smith and Pahokee are thr best teams they play 

8 minutes ago, Floridatechfootball said:

This schedule iight Oscar Smith and Pahokee are thr best teams they play 

Those are (at least on paper), two good teams. It may make a difference come playoff time. The district is the district and nothing can be done about that. VB should either try and schedule some Broward/Dade competition or maybe a Mainland/Bartram Trail or some of the Region 1 8A teams (Apopka, Lake Mary, Winter Park, Seminole, etc.)  that they would not see again till the semis. 

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Those are (at least on paper), two good teams. It may make a difference come playoff time. The district is the district and nothing can be done about that. VB should either try and schedule some Broward/Dade competition or maybe a Mainland/Bartram Trail or some of the Region 1 8A teams (Apopka, Lake Mary, Winter Park, Seminole, etc.)  that they would not see again till the semis. 

Or Columbia

;)

9 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Yea they should but be honest alll dem teams u named could beat both of em right

2 minutes ago, Floridatechfootball said:

Yea they should but be honest alll dem teams u named could beat both of em right

It's hard to say. I have found that till teams play, you never know what the outcome will be. Who would have though that Pointe Verde would have taken American Heritage Plantation to the wire last year?

1 minute ago, Dan in Daytona said:

I don't see one dimensional Orange City beating DP. If they do Mainland will smack that a$$ again by 20+points for the 3rd year in a row over at DP. 

You may do so regardless of the Orange City outcome. I don't think DP generally matches up well with Mainland. The problem is they can't usually out athlete Mainland and their offense game does not have the wrinkles to score enough points to win. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

You may do so regardless of the Orange City outcome. I don't think DP generally matches up well with Mainland. The problem is they can't usually out athlete Mainland and their offense game does not have the wrinkles to score enough points to win. 

Nice insight retiree. Hope you got this one right :)

I am excited for this game tonight. DP QB is dynamic and the most versatile since Patti. The receivers are not a fast as previous years but have better hands.  OL and D are solid but will need a few games to gel.  Hurts having Inge out as he is 100% playmaker. DP D had problems with containment against the Kowboys and if they do not fix that Linguard will run wild.   Should be a great game.  If turnover margin is even I pick DP by 10.