Dr. Phillips vs Orange City University

DarterBlue2

Halftime.  DP squandered two scoring chances inside the 20.  Missed FG and went for it on 4th the other time.  LIngard about 16 carries for 50 yards at half.  OC University 14-0 and they get the ball the second half.  Game closer than the score but DP will need to finish drives in the second half to come back.  

DP intercepts a pass on OC university's first drive of the second half and D. ALford cashes in from 3 yards out on a run play.  He has impressed me in the first two games of the year.  Runs hard.  14-7 OC university but they are stating this drive on  their own the 2 yard line

DP definitely a playoff team. They should win their district. OC University  should be a playoff team. I would like to see more of Seminole to make a better determination. Also need to look at their schedule. My concern is the lack of run game other than Lingard. The quarterback played really well tonight that can he do that consistently. Tonight they were playoffs worthy for sure

Since Bad Bird covered the game in totality, I will add the following:

• 1. I had Lingard at about 26 rushes for 80 yards, two rushing touchdowns and one run in excess of 10 yards. He also had two catches for about 5 yards.
  • Orange City University's lack of a kicking game gave DP good field position all night.
  • I see the comparison of McCray to Nick Patti. They are similar QBs at least at the high school level.
  • DP gave up a lot of penalties; I did not count but must have been at least 20, many of which were of the 10 and 15 yard variety.
  • OC University probably had no more than 40 kids dressed. Going on the rule of thumb that at public schools about 25% of your roster does not contribute much, means they are very thin. This could hurt them down the road.
  • DP's pass defense was somewhat lacking. Their run defense was very good.
  • It was a good, close game. As things stand at this minute, I can't see either team taking home a state title; however, the season is young and some teams grow a lot.

University's 4th quarter drive that lasted about 6 minutes almost gave them the win. Unfortunately, they gave the ball back to DP with 2:12 on the clock and DP scored in 56 seconds largely because they got good field position to begin with and on the back of a good QB keeper which took the ball deep into University territory. 

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Since Bad Bird covered the game in totality, I will add the following:

• 1. I had Lingard at about 26 rushes for 80 yards, two rushing touchdowns and one run in excess of 10 yards. He also had two catches for about 5 yards.
  • Orange City University's lack of a kicking game gave DP good field position all night.
  • I see the comparison of McCray to Nick Patti. They are similar QBs at least at the high school level.
  • DP gave up a lot of penalties; I did not count but must have been at least 20, many of which were of the 10 and 15 yard variety.
  • OC University probably had no more than 40 kids dressed. Going on the rule of thumb that at public schools about 25% of your roster does not contribute much, means they are very thin. This could hurt them down the road.
  • DP's pass defense was somewhat lacking. Their run defense was very good.
  • It was a good, close game. As things stand at this minute, I can't see either team taking home a state title; however, the season is young and some teams grow a lot.

University's 4th quarter drive that lasted about 6 minutes almost gave them the win. Unfortunately, they gave the ball back to DP with 2:12 on the clock and DP scored in 56 seconds largely because they got good field position to begin with and on the back of a good QB keeper which took the ball deep into University territory. 

Nice recap Darter, thanks