Columbia vs Robert E Lee

DisabledAccount

We are 7 days away from Columbia vs Robert E Lee week 4 in Jacksonville for what is likely the game that will decide the district championship for 7A district 2

Both teams are 3-0 heading into this game next week, here is how they got here

Robert E Lee 

Week 1  20-16 win over 4A Raines

Week 2  49-7 Win over 5A Westside 

Week 3  35-20 win over 8A Mandrian 

Columbia 

Week 1  52-34 win over 6A Gainesville 

Week 2  48-0 win over 5A Suwannee 

Week 3  42-7 win over 7A  Buchholz 

Last time these 2 teams played in "The Backyard" Lee led 15-7 at halftime in the 7A regional Semifinals before winning 43-7 and going all way to 7A Semifinals 

This Columbia team is not the same team who lost to Lee in Jacksonville last year and expect Columbia to look similar to 2015 form when they get ready to travel to Robert E Lee on September 15th we will soon find out what each team got next week when they go at it 

Columbia, your next three games is a mine field. Lee, Madison, TCA after already going through a mine field against Gainesville, Suwannee, and Buchholz. Lee only defeated one good team, though, in Raines. Westside and Mandarin don't seem that good. I think that Columbia handles Lee. Madison and TCA not so easy. Atlantic Coast, Fletcher, and First Coast will probably be a breeze. Season should end 10-0 or possibly 9-1 for Columbia. Then the really hard part begins. <_<

10 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Columbia, your next three games is a mine field. Lee, Madison, TCA after already going through a mine field against Gainesville, Suwannee, and Buchholz. Lee only defeated one good team, though, in Raines. Westside and Mandarin don't seem that good. I think that Columbia handles Lee. Madison and TCA not so easy. Atlantic Coast, Fletcher, and First Coast will probably be a breeze. Season should end 10-0 or possibly 9-1 for Columbia. Then the really hard part begins. <_<

Of those games i think tca probably best ones there and we also finish @Bolles week 11 but we proved last time we could go to the Bolles school and win 

Here's Columbia's previous 2 games that were live streamed so you all can check them out 

Buchholz 

https://twitter.com/sports_CHSLC/status/905935683943989248

First half

https://twitter.com/sports_CHSLC/status/905961013043912704

Second half

Gainesville 

https://twitter.com/sports_CHSLC/status/901223710782365698

First half

https://twitter.com/sports_CHSLC/status/901248428763754497

Second half

17 minutes ago, badbird said:

even the biggest homer had Lee ahead of Columbia last week :)

Well until we beat them it would be crazy to rank us over them considering the last time we faced off but i feel we closed the gap against buchholz this past Thursday so we should go into this game being the biggest threat to Lee not only in the district but in the region 

3 minutes ago, badbird said:

Region 1 comes down to 3 teams

Bartram Trail

Columbia

Lee

I think Fleming Island is over ranked but could be in the mix. The rest of the teams are not good

I had buchholz in there but they are not the threat right now with their starting qb injured 

Fleming Island look impressive but when they play bartram trail will go a long way into proving what they got 

Idk if bartram has defense to be able to win region but they will be right up there 

On 9/9/2017 at 9:10 PM, badbird said:

Region 1 comes down to 3 teams

Bartram Trail

Columbia

Lee

I think Fleming Island is over ranked but could be in the mix. The rest of the teams are not good

I just feel that Columbia will be the dominant team in the north. They just put a beating on 3 very good teams. Lee just barely got by 4A Raines and beat up on two hapless teams. I honestly think that Columbia will run Lee off the field. Too much offensive power for Lee to deal with, IMO.

31 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I just feel that Columbia will be the dominant team in the north. They just put a beating on 3 very good teams. Lee just barely got by 4A Raines and beat up on two hapless teams. I honestly think that Columbia will run Lee off the field. Too much offensive power for Lee to deal with, IMO.

I really hope you are right lol

Why did Lee beat Columbia last year. They will try the same tactics this year. I would play the same way until you can stop it if I were Lee's coach. 

Never thought about Lee being a top 25 Florida team but playing easy games fool people into thinking they are better than they are. Did Lee have a coaching change?

Good Luck and stay healthy.

13 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Why did Lee beat Columbia last year. They will try the same tactics this year. I would play the same way until you can stop it if I were Lee's coach. 

Never thought about Lee being a top 25 Florida team but playing easy games fool people into thinking they are better than they are. Did Lee have a coaching change?

Good Luck and stay healthy.

When we played last year our team really didn't look there mentally in either game both games we came out flat at half and didn't score a single point in second half of either game

Not to mention stopping that qb was not easy and should be a challenge but so far outside of raines the teams Lee has played don't look to be that good honestly, idk what's up with Mandrian and westside is not a good team 

What worries me is that Lee might have held back on games early and that they might have a surprise in store for us but i look forward to the challenge 

Might help this time going in at 3-0 instead of 1-2 lol

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I thought he was a senior this year 

Their best OL graduated though 

You're right. I was looking at another team. Well that makes a difference. I see Jones has been tossing the tater since he was a Sophomore. But you guys have someone that can sling the rock also. I see it says that the location is going to be announced. You guys are just going to have to play harder and smarter.

10 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

You're right. I was looking at another team. Well that makes a difference. I see Jones has been tossing the tater since he was a Sophomore. But you guys have someone that can sling the rock also. I see it says that the location is going to be announced. You guys are just going to have to play harder and smarter.

I agree