Columbia vs Jax Trinity Christian

DisabledAccount

2 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

And, against one of the best teams in the state. Does he pass well or, if he doesn't, will the HC keep everything on the ground. That could really crimp Columbia's style. How did your starting QB get injured and will he be out for the season?

He got a concussion and likely back by Atlantic Coast or Fletcher 

I think Jordan Smith is a solid qb,  he took reps during the summer when Blair had a broken hand and was qb when we were down at ucf and while this is first start he has gotten a lot of reps including playing the entire bartram trail game in spring and was qb in our comeback over raines in kickoff classic 

Jordan Smith is a elusive qb who can get yards on the ground and the air and only a sophomore 

I'll post his highlights in a sec 

4 minutes ago, badbird said:

kid has a chance.  Better runner right now.  He has another gear.  Stares down #1 WR too long but who doesn't as a sophomore.  He will be tough to deal with in a few years.

I agree 

Our team is young this year but loaded with potential across the board

I think their was a good chance for a upset tomorrow, while we are coming off getting beat down twice last week we never gave up, main reason we lost to Madison was team physically fell apart in second half, seemed like at least once every drive we had a player go down

We got solid rest and Finally practiced on a normal schedule, the players really want this game tomorrow and this one could be a very underrated matchup for tomorrow night

4 minutes ago, M&S said:

ColumbiaFan, I could have sworn Columbia was rotating their QB's in the first half before one of them got hurt.  It seemed like every other drive they would swap.  I could be wrong.

I'm not sure if it was every drive but yes they rotated until Blair got a concussion in 2nd quarter against Madison 

I think one other player got a concussion but i can't confirm anywhere so hopefully he healthy 

5 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Does Columbia HS provide live streaming of their games? Trinity Catholic used to and now don't seem to do it anymore.

Actually i do lol

They did last year and while the quality isn't perfect it's free and when i can get good spot i can get good view of game from sideline but probably will film from stands on road games moving forward 

18 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Columbia 24

Trinity Christian 14

Final

I just want to state that I did predict this in my pickems this week. 

Did I believe this would actually happen? Honestly, no. I just crossed my fingers it would happen so that MAYBE just MAYBE I'd get close to where you are in the standings lol 

Just now, Proseteye said:

Obviously Columbia was the better team. But, how did TCA look overall? Congratulations on defeating one of the best teams in Florida. :)

Trinity was a solid team,  we still got to work on secondary but offensive line took control of the game for Columbia when we needed it and sustained long drives for Columbia to run the ball effectively 

1 hour ago, SportsNut25 said:

I just want to state that I did predict this in my pickems this week. 

Did I believe this would actually happen? Honestly, no. I just crossed my fingers it would happen so that MAYBE just MAYBE I'd get close to where you are in the standings lol 

You will probably be handed the key to Lake City now.

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Trinity was a solid team,  we still got to work on secondary but offensive line took control of the game for Columbia when we needed it and sustained long drives for Columbia to run the ball effectively 

The most impressive part of this win to me is it appears the defense for Columbia finally showed up.  Congrats on the win, Columbia!