Daytona Mainland at Cocoa (Oct 6)

Dan in Daytona

3 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

To be fair Mainland had two TDS called back due to penalties. Was a much better game than the score shows.

"Cat, I'll agree as far as both defenses are concerned. But neither offense looked championship caliber. Mainland's current "O" is a basket case, with no remedy in sight...  

On 10/7/2017 at 2:10 AM, Dan in Daytona said:

"Cat, I'll agree as far as both defenses are concerned. But neither offense looked championship caliber. Mainland's current "O" is a basket case, with no remedy in sight...  

What seems to be the problem with Cocoa's Offense? They got a few transfers in right? Maybe its a chemistry problem.

5 hours ago, MuckCityChamp said:

What seems to be the problem with Cocoa's Offense? They got a few transfers in right? Maybe its a chemistry problem.

Cocoa's head coach likes to run the ball. And they always have enough athletes to accomplish this. The problem as I see it (my opinion) is they still are pretty much one dimensional. And the QB running stud Judson is now in college. Athletic teams that stuff the box got a chance to disrupt what they do. How well they can pass when needed I don't know, didn't see it.  Outside of their first play from scrimmage a 50 yd TD run they did very little in the 1st half against a Mainland defense missing three starters (#44, #7, and #4 who played some defense). Everybody knows 4A BTW has athletes. Who else in 4A I don't Know. I've seem all of Cocoa's championships. I thought they'd be better. (Judged ONLY off this one sighting, nothing more)

16 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Cocoa's head coach likes to run the ball. And they always have enough athletes to accomplish this. The problem as I see it (my opinion) is they still are pretty much one dimensional. And the QB running stud Judson is now in college. Athletic teams that stuff the box got a chance to disrupt what they do. How well they can pass when needed I don't know, didn't see it.  Outside of their first play from scrimmage a 50 yd TD run they did very little in the 1st half against a Mainland defense missing three starters (#44, #7, and #4 who played some defense). Everybody knows 4A BTW has athletes. Who else in 4A I don't Know. I've seem all of Cocoa's championships. I thought they'd be better. (Judged ONLY off this one sighting, nothing more)

Yea 4A will pretty much come down to Cocoa and BTW once again. I think University will push BTW to the limit though. Next season, with amount of returning players and a year in Hester's system, Glades Central SHOULD be back in the running.