Columbia vs atlantic coast

DisabledAccount

Columbia hosts Atlantic Coast for homecoming this week

After having multiple issues arise on the sideline since beginning of the season i won't be streaming football games from sideline or streaming home games anymore 

The remaining 2 live streams will be @Fletcher and @Bolles 

Those streams will be either from a press box or road stands so that I'm not able to be in trouble for being in the way or a distraction or have to deal with players giving a attitude or get in trouble for dialogue on our sideline 

However i will provide live updates from game on twitter, I'll post link to my Columbia Twitter on Friday for anyone interested in keeping track of the updates and i might do a post/pre game show but i haven't decided yet 

13 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Those streams will be either from a press box or road stands so that I'm not able to be in trouble for being in the way or a distraction or have to deal with players giving a attitude or get in trouble for dialogue on our sideline 

LOL those are alot of reasons 

6 minutes ago, badbird said:

the only distraction was your old equipment you were using.  

stock-photo-old-camera-250351177.jpg

What happened was the school administration received complaints about fans hearing cussing on sideline so they forced me to be so far away from action while filming so now i will only film football games from road stands or press box so i can't get blamed for anything 

1 minute ago, badbird said:

go to the opposing sideline and shoot.  Only cursing I heard was from you lol

I don't think other team will let me stream on their sideline lol

I think stands might make it easier for you to show more of the same field

I think the streams will be better for basketball and the spring sports when i don't have such a large area to film

3 minutes ago, Mustangs78 said:

glad to here that, your stadium and train horn are to cool for that place not to have 4,000 to 6,000 5 Friday nights a year. Plus the Tigers play damn good football.

so what kind of food you looking for in st Augustine? I might know a few places if I know what you looking for

Son has a recruiting trip to JU now(if he wants to go. If fishing or surfing is good next week he won't go}, so may just stay east and go to Flemming Isl/Creekside or the Lee/Jackson game.  Since Lee or Flemming could be a Viera opp. if Viera wins a few in the playoffs and if those teams could get by the Tigers of Columbia.  

3 hours ago, Mustangs78 said:

Son has a recruiting trip to JU now(if he wants to go. If fishing or surfing is good next week he won't go}, so may just stay east and go to Flemming Isl/Creekside or the Lee/Jackson game.  Since Lee or Flemming could be a Viera opp. if Viera wins a few in the playoffs and if those teams could get by the Tigers of Columbia.  

Both those games will be blowouts 

Columbia @ Fletcher may end up being more competitive tbh

Creekside has improved slightly but still probably finishes with Oakleaf at bottom of that district this year 

Andrew Jackson is going to take field to get aniliated, i would be surprised if this one don't become a 40+ point beatdown 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• FINAL: DILLARD 21 MONARCH 15 In a game that featured one team who was in the state semi game last year in monarch who got even better through the transfer portal in the last few months ; Vs a Dillard team with a 2nd year head coach who has a lot to prove coming into this season after a lack luster 2023 season.    OVERALL- this game had a feeling of a playoff game. Both teams played their starters well into the 4th quarter, add the big crowd for both teams, the hard hits & the bands going at it, it felt like a game with huge implications yet we are only in May.    In my early in the week predictions I had monarch winning this game 28-21 simply because in my opinion they had the better team and the better offense. More skill players & the better line play within the trenches.    THE GAME: monarch came out on their second possession moved the ball down Dillards throat to take a 7-0 lead, only to see dillard come back on their next drive and tie the game 7-7. after that it was pretty much all Dillard. The defense played way better than expected & the offense while have a few kinks to work out showed some signs of being able to be something special come august.    after jumping out 7-0 dillard scored 21 consecutive points to go up 21-7. The knights scored a TD with 2 min left to make it 21-15 but the panthers got 2 first downs to run out the clock to get the victory 21-15. OBSERVATIONS: Monarch is once again going to be very good this year. Their online and Dline is massive. Their 4* running back is one of the best in broward & their overall team is going to give a lot of teams fits.    DILLARD: the panthers are going to be a huge dark horse this year. They look to have another solid defense, they’re not massive in the trenches, but they have some dawgs and appear to be well coached.    with the off season to go , Dillard can turn some heads this season, and they proved that tonight with a good win over a quality inner city opponent. 
    • Solid win for a spring matchup between quality opponents.
    • Congrats on the win darter. 
    • Apopka 16 Jones 14. Jones scored on an 80 yard bomb a minute into the game. There were no other scores in the first half but on its final drive of the second quarter, Apopka's offense which had been dormant the entire first half finally moved the ball and got inside the Jones 15, but time ran out. This was a harbinger of things to come as on the first drive of the second half, Apopka moved the ball downfield relatively easily and scored to tie the game, in a drive that took about 2:47.  Apopka then immediately forced a fumble on the ensuing Jones possession and got the ball on the Jones 15. On third and 15 from the 20, Davison found his running back completely unmarked in the end zone and Apopka took a quick 13-7 lead about 4 minutes into the third quarter as the extra point attempt sailed wide right.  Thereafter, and until the final four minutes of the game, Apopka took control as the Jones team seemed to tire. However, for the rest of the third quarter till past the halfway mark in the fourth, neither team scored. Midway through the fourth, Apopka went on a long drive that stalled at the Jones's four yard line and went backward via penalties thereafter. However, the APK kicker redeemed himself scoring a field goal off the drive to give Apopka a 16-7 lead. Jones trimmed that lead down to 16-14 with just under 2 minutes to go in the game on a nice play that must have went about 50 yards. After the Jones score, with just over a minute left in the game, Apopka fumbled the ball away at their own 43. Jones marched the ball downfield and got a first and goal at the Apopka 8 with around 36 seconds left in the game. But their drive stalled at the 8 yard line and on third and goal Jones decided to kick a field goal for the win with 12 seconds on the clock. The kick was blocked by Apopka which took a knee to end the game.  Comments on Jones. They looked pretty good on both offense and defense. Their kicking game needs improvement as two field goal attempts including a crucial one were blocked. Interestingly, the kicker made both extra points scored by jones easily. Overall, I expect Jones to be as good as last year and possibly better especially if they pick up further transfers over the summer. Comments on Apopka. This is a good but very young team. Several of its starters will be sophomores from its undefeated freshman team from 2023. Early in the game, the offense sputtered while the defense was strong the entire game. However, the offense came into its own in the second half as TD the QB made better passes and better overall reads after a slow start.  This Apopka team should improve as the season wears on. By how much will determine its fate in the playoffs. I am cautiously optimistic that the season will end well. But if it does not, I totally understand why.
    • Each team played a full half against each other for a total of 3 halves so obviously a long night.  Rules did include no kickoff or punt returns and my guess is each team was missing a few key players.   I know we were down 3 D-lineman and 3 Linebackers including two starters but we do have a little depth although young and inexperienced.  All in all, teams looked pretty good and should be of playoff quality.  We started off with Edgewater for the first half and they moved the ball very effectively against our defense but could not complete those two early drives for points.  After that we were pretty dialed in to what they were running and were able to pitch a shutout for the half.  We started slow offensively, but managed to improve as the half went on.  Finally, got about a 50 yard run from Taevion Swint which was the difference maker in that half......7-0 OHS Kowboys.   In the second half between Edgewater and Deland the Eagles came right out of the gate with a monster run for a touchdown on the very first play.  Both teams showed some good things but Deland hurt themselves with self inflicted errors  ........ dropped pass for TD, INT, fumble, etc.. so was unable to put up points the entire half despite good QB play.  Edgewater managed another TD and FG to end that half victorious .......16-0. In the final half between Deland and OHS, the Bulldogs showed some good things but turnovers, self inflicted errors cost them again.  OHS managed two scores on great long runs from Taevion Swint who had a monster night.  Final score was OHS 14-0.  Final thought was that our local media has really been building up the Edgewater star Semaj Fleming and he is an excellent player.  But those who sat in those stands tonight could see that Taevion is back and he is definitely the better player.   Everyone have a great summer and look forward to the upcoming season.  
  • Popular Contributors