IMG @ East

Proseteye

IMG does a long trek out to mile high Salt Lake City to take on 8-1 East high school. East, although not one of the top teams in the nation, is still formidable. After going 26-0 they lost to #12 Bingham. Seems that they are a ground and pound team averaging 42 ppg mostly on the tarmac. They have RB Sione Molisi with 1,500 yard rushing and a couple of other RB's with impressive numbers. But, they have only 426 yards through the air. That rarefied air could play a factor with the sea level IMG team. I wonder if IMG will be streaming this game as they never did stream the Venice game. After this IMG has Hoover, which is not that strong as in years past and Bishop Sullivan, which is definitely not that strong.  

5 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

IMG does a long trek out to mile high Salt Lake City to take on 8-1 East high school. East, although not one of the top teams in the nation, is still formidable. After going 26-0 they lost to #12 Bingham. Seems that they are a ground and pound team averaging 42 ppg mostly on the tarmac. They have RB Sione Molisi with 1,500 yard rushing and a couple of other RB's with impressive numbers. But, they have only 426 yards through the air. That rarefied air could play a factor with the sea level IMG team. I wonder if IMG will be streaming this game as they never did stream the Venice game. After this IMG has Hoover, which is not that strong as in years past and Bishop Sullivan, which is definitely not that strong.  

I found Venice game on YouTube 

20 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

Can't see IMG losing to a one-dimensional team. Too much talent and too well coached. Only way to beat these elite teams is with mis-direction and fooling defense into passing in run situation and vise-versa. Hope for a good game.

Too much talent but I saw a team that lacked discipline most of the night. The penalties were all over the field all night. It wasn't just IMG--Venice had their share as well.

Any play that takes too much time to develop will fail. As with most teams but with IMG that time is shortened.

In addition, East defeated De La Salle last season using a ground game that kept pounding De La Salle's defense. East 's defense also pressured De La Salle all night. IMG better be ready for these guys as 1 loss in 3 years says a lot. From what I have seen of them they seem better than either Central or MNW.

5 hours ago, Proseteye said:

In addition, East defeated De La Salle last season using a ground game that kept pounding De La Salle's defense. East 's defense also pressured De La Salle all night. IMG better be ready for these guys as 1 loss in 3 years says a lot. From what I have seen of them they seem better than either Central or MNW.

1 lost in 3 years !???hmmmm did I just find my game for this weekend since Dillard is on a bye will it be streamed anywhere ??

19 hours ago, Proseteye said:

East got blasted this year by Bingham.   Should be a beating unless they get a LOT of help from the refs or IMG takes their foot off the gas. 

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

East got blasted this year by Bingham.   Should be a beating unless they get a LOT of help from the refs or IMG takes their foot off the gas. 

That was East's only loss in 3 years and Bingham is in the top 10 nationally. I think that IMG should win. However, don't think it's going to be easy in that thin air.

22-19 IMG at the half. Like I thought East has one tough ground game and they are a good triple option team. Taking IMG a little time to get used to it. I think the 2nd half will be owned by IMG  as they will have figured out all of East's plays. Also, IMG is running mostly running plays. They haven't really unleashed their passing attack yet.