nolebull

badbird

Playing in the quarters or semis doesn’t make you good. 

Doral Academy plays next week for a shot at the semis. Bradford County is in the semis. Lol. 

Wekiva beat Boone. LMAO

Winter Park gets some cred for creeping past Apopka. 

I don’t know if I said they suck, and I remember it was like the first few weeks of the season before they played anyone. 

13 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Playing in the quarters or semis doesn’t make you good. 

Doral Academy plays next week for a shot at the semis. Bradford County is in the semis. Lol. 

Wekiva beat Boone. LMAO

Winter Park gets some cred for creeping past Apopka. 

I don’t know if I said they suck, and I remember it was like the first few weeks of the season before they played anyone. 

You said neither was any good. Not sure you used the word, suck. Wekiva actually has a great defense. WP's defense is not as good, but they have a couple offensive weapons Wekiva could use. 

Wekiva plus three or four WP players would win the 8A title this year. 8A is not near the strongest divisions in the state this year. 

5 hours ago, FLFB said:

LMAO

Whoops there goes his credibility! 

These clowns are still butt hurt  because I wasn't praising two teams that have never done squat in their entire history. 

And at the time they haven't played any top teams from the state or the area. 

Apopka had their worst team since 2011. 

Winter Park and Wekiva have a combined one quality win  between the both of them. 

...and that substance-free post proves my point.

Nothing about the game on the field. All about name-brand and past seasons.

Won't work with the guys who know CFla.

Name the #2 area in the state and we can debate. Every other area has fallen off and does not have the volume of good teams that Orange has. 

The only larger population centers - Jax/Tampa - both down. You could say Palm Beach / Broward but their publics lose by the same scores to the Miami teams that the 407 teams do. Orange County is bunched in 8A North - none of the good teams play in 6A or 7A.

Jones gave Cardinal Gibbons their only tough game outside of Southridge and AHP. Jones would've also been in close games with OC teams DP, Apopka, Winter Park, Wekiva & West Orange had they played. 

Not only that - these Orange teams are producing very, very good NCAA and NFL players at a rate they never did in the past.

Nolebull I know you like to play the alpha male online but as some would say "the lights are on but nobody is home" when you talk about Orange

2 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

...and that substance-free post proves my point.

Nothing about the game on the field. All about name-brand and past seasons.

Won't work with the guys who know CFla.

Name the #2 area in the state and we can debate. Every other area has fallen off and does not have the volume of good teams that Orange has.

The only larger population centers - Jax/Tampa - both down.

What about broward and Palm Beach? 

I edited my post while you wrote (look at time stamp) but think the areas are close for #2. Write the teams down and you will see what I mean. 

STA is more of a regional school but you can count them in Broward/Palm Beach. 

It's surprising but true. Orange County has gotten way better over the last 10 or so years. 

List the teams and see for yourself

Brevard has better teams than Orange. 

If you take the top 5-6 teams from Brevard they would kick the living crap out of the top Orange teams. 

And you must have not watched the Jones/Gibbons game or even heard updated because Gibbons dominated them with Jones scoring garbage points at the end. 

Orange County has teams all bunched up in 8A North so someone has to make a deep run by default. Other than that it's zzzzzzzzz

Now do a Brevard/PB/Broward top 10 and see how they match up! 

Like I said name a county with that many high quality teams and we can have a discussion.

Remember how this began - Nolebull trashing Wekiva and Winter Park due to past season results. 

DP also handled Mainland easily. Carol City squeaked by Mainland.... (and I know CC is Dade I'm just making a south fla comparison).

DP lost to TWO OTHER Orange County teams this year. Mainland would probably be #5 or #6 in Orange.

I know, surprising.

Put it all together Nolebull. The facts are surprising. 

You don't know what you don't know. The talent has shifted and a lot of Orange County teams can compete like they could not in the past. Volume of good teams is also up

1 minute ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Top counties has to include...

Miami-Dade

Broward

Orange

Palm Beach

Brevard

Duval??? A Tampa county??? This is where it drops off. 

I'd definitely debate the top 5 or listen for anither county that I am missing

Tampa is Hillsbourgh which honestly i think wastes the most talent of any Urban county

Duval was good last year but is down this year and probably will be down next year as next year will become a transition year for duval

What I do know if transfers are the name of the game in Orange as well. If you ain't cheatin you ain't trying. 

And to say I trashed Winter Park and Wekiva is dishonest and dramatic. It was early in the season and hey hadn't beat any  of the state's top teams. So why would anyone give them the benefit of the doubt when they have never showed any signs of success and even at the time of questioning still haven't beat any top ranked teams from the entire state??  

Quit whining. 

You have to earn respect. It's not given to you. When you win championships and have been successful for a long time you get the benefit of the doubt. 

Its not fair to the teams that have played at a high level for a long period of time only to be in the same conversation as some johnny-come-lately teams. 

Wekiva and W Park are having historic years and have earned respect in the Central Florida circles. Now it's time to go earn respect on a state level. 

4 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Whoops there goes his credibility! 

These clowns are still butt hurt  because I wasn't praising two teams that have never done squat in their entire history. 

And at the time they haven't played any top teams from the state or the area. 

Apopka had their worst team since 2011. 

Winter Park and Wekiva have a combined one quality win  between the both of them. 

haha not butt hurt at all was just giving you a hard time.    Winter Park has been to the third round 8 times in their history and 3 times in the state semi's.  Two of those third round games were state semi's before they expanded the playoff system.  They have never made it to a state finals.  Now on a state level they are not Apopka, DP, Osceola or Mainland but they are definitely one of the top 10 programs in Central Florida year in and out.  I get you point they are not elite but no one said that.  However they are a pretty good team that is playing in the regional finals so instead of bashing them or calling you a clown I choose to give them a little credit for the job Coach Shifflet and his staff has done.

Wekiva is a newer program that picked up 9 Apopka transfers.  A good reason why they are probably where they are at right now.  They have an elite defense that would be considered one of the best in any part of the state.  Offensively they are above average.  Reminds me of a Flanagan a few years ago but not on the same level as them for sure.  In a down 8A if they come to play for the next 3 weeks they are a real threat.  

24 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

You have to earn respect. It's not given to you. When you win championships and have been successful for a long time you get the benefit of the doubt. 

Its not fair to the teams that have played at a high level for a long period of time only to be in the same conversation as some johnny-come-lately teams. 

Wekiva and W Park are having historic years and have earned respect in the Central Florida circles. Now it's time to go earn respect on a state level. 

I understand your point and you are correct.  Historically thy haven't won anything.