STA @ Venice Round 4

BrowardHandicapper

I believe there was a point last year in which many Venice posters wanted this rematch game at Home more then ever.  Well the stars appear to be in alignment for 
Venice to handle their business in this game.  I understand (and can quote) Venice posters believing that STA is a SFL or Broward All-Star team but if that is the case Broward football is in very rough shape right now- relatively speaking.  Some feel this Venice team is better then 2016 Venice and being at Home, waiting for this opportunity , I ask Venice fans this question.

Should the Venice Indians be favored in this game and will they win this game this Friday night?

I am not a Venice fan, but I will offer an opinion, albeit a relatively uninformed one. Based on past Venice teams, and I can't speak for this one as I have not seen it either live or on film, Venice will have trouble with STA. 

I think this game will be closer and may even end up being 7 points or less. However, when the smoke clears, I think STA prevails. I have always felt that from that area, Braden River presents a better match up than Venice for very good to great South Florida teams. 

I took STA in the national pick em. Venice may be rolling this year and have a slightly better team than last year's team, and STA is down according to most and the rankings, but we are talking about STA and the playoffs. 

Most were wondering what had happened to STA when they lost to Miramar, isn't that game like a rival game where anything can happen? Well, they lost to a very good team who was ready to win. STA didn't play inspired. Yes, Marimar lost to a very good Park Vista in the first round by 7 points, and Miramar's second loss of the season, which happened to be in the playoffs. Miramar's first lost was to a high caliber Chaminade team by 1 point. So it wasn't like Miramar lost to average teams.

STA's only other loss was too Centennial @ Centennial, who is playing for a state championship in Az.  

You have to remember that this is the same team that beat a #3 nationally ranked St. John Bosco, California team. 

Count your chickens after the fox leaves the hen house, not before.

All in all, it should be a very good game and winner will have a decent shot at winning state. 

41 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I took STA in the national pick em. Venice may be rolling this year and have a slightly better team than last year's team, and STA is down according to most and the rankings, but we are talking about STA and the playoffs. 

Most were wondering what had happened to STA when they lost to Miramar, isn't that game like a rival game where anything can happen? Well, they lost to a very good team who was ready to win. STA didn't play inspired. Yes, Marimar lost to a very good Park Vista in the first round by 7 points, and Miramar's second loss of the season, which happened to be in the playoffs. Miramar's first lost was to a high caliber Chaminade team by 1 point. So it wasn't like Miramar lost to average teams.

STA's only other loss was too Centennial @ Centennial, who is playing for a state championship in Az.  

You have to remember that this is the same team that beat a #3 nationally ranked St. John Bosco, California team. 

Count your chickens after the fox leaves the hen house, not before.

All in all, it should be a very good game and winner will have a decent shot at winning state. 

I'll go one better 

I'll guarantee right now winner of this game is winning 7a

1 hour ago, Zoe Boy said:

I disagree there.. That’s why I would love STA to move to 8A or 6A or get rid of 8A and mix 8a with 7A or 6A...

This year STA could meet Plant in the state finals, this team Lakeland Bartram Trail would all give 8a teams fits this year personally I like 7a this year as for 8a they always got a surprise up their sleeve

8 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I thought they would have made at least the semifinals. They had a disappointing year and there is support for those who feel they will never make it past the third round at the most. 

I think they going in right direction but probably need to up their schedule and get better opponents 

12 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I thought they would have made at least the semifinals. They had a disappointing year and there is support for those who feel they will never make it past the third round at the most. 

Gotta remember to that it took Vero 13 yrs to get past rd 2 of the playoffs which was last year