2018 Disney Event

nolebull813

7 hours ago, FloTech said:

You know Vero will be playing Venice for the first time since 02 when they knocked them out of the playoffs should be an interesting one

Yea but those are 2 different teams and eras of coaching I played in that game (Class of ‘04) I feel like if we aired it out more we could of pulled out a W. Venice dominated our run game then but we did move the ball when threw but didn’t get into that until too late, really one dimensional back then when we had good and capable QBs.

2 hours ago, Trelle said:

Yea but those are 2 different teams and eras of coaching I played in that game (Class of ‘04) I feel like if we aired it out more we could of pulled out a W. Venice dominated our run game then but we did move the ball when threw but didn’t get into that until too late, really one dimensional back then when we had good and capable QBs.

In my opinion Vero is going to be playing a down Venice team this year they will not be like last year or 16 probably return to a 9 win team and yea our school kills themselves in the playoffs 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

One of the biggest, not well known companies in the world. I guess Oil Field Services is not the sexiest of businesses.

I know they own patents and many businesses people have no idea about. Everyone knows Halliburton but Schlumberger is actually over 2x the size of them, heck Darter I’m surprised you even know the term “Oil Service Company” most people have no idea about it but they know our other term the big bad F word... Frac lol

1 hour ago, Trelle said:

I know they own patents and many businesses people have no idea about. Everyone knows Halliburton but Schlumberger is actually over 2x the size of them, heck Darter I’m surprised you even know the term “Oil Service Company” most people have no idea about it but they know our other term the big bad F word... Frac lol

A long time ago, when I lived in NYC, and you were probably a baby based on when you played for Vero, I had a job offer to work at Corporate. I ended up not taking it then, because I did not want to move down South at that time, and was told I would have to after a year.

Kind of funny how that works. 

21 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

A long time ago, when I lived in NYC, and you were probably a baby based on when you played for Vero, I had a job offer to work at Corporate. I ended up not taking it then, because I did not want to move down South at that time, and was told I would have to after a year.

Kind of funny how that works. 

Ain't the South better than the North

Growing up I used to think of the Southern states as being alike, but that is not true in certain respects.  Many folks outside FL do not consider FL as part of the South!   And there are VASTLY different cultures that exist from state to state.  

Louisiana has its own unique culture, especially in the southern part of the state.  The folks who live in the mountainous regions of North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia have a very unique culture.  The true mountain folk even speak very differently.  Do a search for "Appalachian English" on youtube. 

When I lived in Appalachia, I always felt like an outsider, and many others would tell you the same. I figured being from the South would help me fit in...furthest thing from the truth.  I may as well have been from Iowa.  

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

There are a couple good match-ups in there. Unfortunately, these are few. The majority of these games should have never been scheduled. 

Agreed. It seems like teams want to travel and just pick the first team with the same opening. 

A team from California is paying over $50,000 to come to Disney and play an 0-10 team. What the fugg is that???

36 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Agreed. It seems like teams want to travel and just pick the first team with the same opening. 

A team from California is paying over $50,000 to come to Disney and play an 0-10 team. What the fugg is that???

They are looking for an easy win combined with a trip to Disney. They can then go home and say, they beat a big, bad Florida team. If I were in charge of a program, we would not roll that way. If our team was going to travel, it would be to play quality competition, not some doormat!

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

They are looking for an easy win combined with a trip to Disney. They can then go home and say, they beat a big, bad Florida team. If I were in charge of a program, we would not roll that way. If our team was going to travel, it would be to play quality competition, not some doormat!

Exactly 

Bunch of scared oos teams who don't have the guts to play a competitive team in Florida