Can You Name the Coach Quiz

OldSchoolLion

@gatorman-uf

Now do you see why I'm frustrated 

Columbia has made many mistakes because of boosters (from What i could gather from players who played under Quinn) he was pushed out because he wouldn't play certain boosters kids 

Just like the administration of Lake City has constantly suppressed growth of the city going back to the early 1900s when they pushed UF out of town and let Gainesville become a urban city that would have been us had UF stayed in Lake City 

I hope the boosters are smart and keep coach Allen here for as long as he wants to coach, he is determined to make Columbia a elite program and i doubt anyone else will put in the effort he does for the program 

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

@gatorman-uf

Now do you see why I'm frustrated 

Columbia has made many mistakes because of boosters (from What i could gather from players who played under Quinn) he was pushed out because he wouldn't play certain boosters kids 

Just like the administration of Lake City has constantly suppressed growth of the city going back to the early 1900s when they pushed UF out of town and let Gainesville become a urban city that would have been us had UF stayed in Lake City 

I hope the boosters are smart and keep coach Allen here for as long as he wants to coach, he is determined to make Columbia a elite program and i doubt anyone else will put in the effort he does for the program 

When UF left Lake City for Gainesville these were ColumbiaHighFan's words for the administration in town:

1 hour ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

To prove the Columbia Tigers are the Cleveland Browns of FL HS Football with personnel/coaching mistakes, and to make them  look more foolish  , are you aware that besides not hiring Gene Cox, and firing Paul Quinn, they also lost ties with  Paul Quinn's Asst. HC.

Some guy by the name Bill Castle who went to Lakeland with Quinn and the rest is history!

Brilliant!

Quinn, Castle & Cox...three of the most famous coaches in FL hs football history.  Oh, what could have been ColumbiaFan!

While at Tennessee Tech, Bill Castle met Paul Quinn, who offered him a coaching job at Columbia High School, in Lake City, Florida. He was responsible for Defensive Backs. When Paul Quinn came to Lakeland High School in 1971, Coach Castle came with him, as an assistant coach. Bill received his Master’s Degree in Physical Education and Health from Tennessee Tech in 1973. Bill Castle became the Head Coach of Lakeland High School, in the fall of 1976, when Paul Quinn left for Bartow High School.

Just now, OldSchoolLion said:

Quinn, Castle & Cox...three of the most famous coaches in FL hs football history.  Oh, what could have been ColumbiaFan!

While at Tennessee Tech, Bill Castle met Paul Quinn, who offered him a coaching job at Columbia High School, in Lake City, Florida. He was responsible for Defensive Backs. When Paul Quinn came to Lakeland High School in 1971, Coach Castle came with him, as an assistant coach. Bill received his Master’s Degree in Physical Education and Health from Tennessee Tech in 1973. Bill Castle became the Head Coach of Lakeland High School, in the fall of 1976, when Paul Quinn left for Bartow High School.

Tell me about it 

I'm gonna add on to it

Danny Green (who was a player on the state championship in 67 and eventually coached Columbia to runner up in 97) 

After 03 season when they fell to Lake Gibson in state semifinals the boosters had him pushed out and they brought in some guy named Scott Anderson who was fired after only 1 game in the 04 season (he was a hothead and I'm told that he got physical with a player) 

Then Frank Beasley took over for remainder of season (name sound familiar to you all?) 

Then after the year they brought Danny Green back for 3 more years than pushed him out again to bring in Craig Howard who was known most for being Tebow's coach at Nease and only lasted 3 years and the boosters turned on him very quickly 

Oh and Frank Beasley was never given a chance to be head coach at Columbia despite being a assistant here for a while 

In other words from 04-10 the program was in decline 

I hope they are smart and keep coach Allen because he is last hope for this program to keep some form of stability and have success 

Just now, BrowardHandicapper said:

Columbia basically passed on the  Don Shula, Bill Parcells and Bill Belichik of Florida HS Football in a short time frame..Is Columbia officially cursed because of this?

Not yet, I'm hoping they have the smarts to keep the coach we have 

If these players would get serious like they were in 2015 he can coach them back to state championship game