Quiz - Who Is This Famous FL HS Player?

OldSchoolLion

Who Is This Famous FL HS Player?

This famous wide receiver was one of the best from the 90's and one of the Top 20 WR's in Florida hs history.  He led his team to a state title in his senior year.  Known for his speed and gamebreaking ability, he was also a special teams player and track star in high school and college.  He was an NCAA All-American and later played in the NFL, where he was an all-pro one year.      

27 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Peter Warrick?

That is a GREAT guess, but is not the correct answer.  The guy I have in mind has an incredibly similar pedigree.  Warrick meets every criteria mentioned in the clues except one.  Many would consider Warrick a washout in the NFL and he was never close to being an all-pro.  The other guy flourished in the NFL.

9 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I was thinking Anquan Boldin but he wasn't known for being speedy 

Another VERY good guess and fantastic FL HS player from the 90's, like Warrick...but not the right answer.  He was plenty speedy, but was known for his qb skills at Pahokee.  Was not an NCAA All-American at FSU either. 

21 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Santana Moss?

It is Santana Moss, who led Carol City to the first of their back-to-back titles in 1996/1997.  Good job Broward!  They beat Hillsborough in the 6A state finals in 1996.  I bet DanInDaytona was there, since that game was played in Daytona.

He flew under the radar in high school, but when he did touch the ball, it was obvious he was a very special player.  And when he got to the U, he really shined, breaking Michael Irvin's receiving record(What does that say?), as well as some other records.  

Spent 14 years in the NFL, most with the Redskins.  See for yourself...

9 hours ago, badbird said:

top 20 hs wr is debatable.

Fair enough.  Obviously any list of the top 20 is open for debate.  As mentioned in the video, he played for a team at a time not ideal for showcasing his skills.  No doubt today someone in that position would have transferred and had a LOT better stats than he did.      

I would offer the following.  There have probably been over 500 first team, all-state WR's in FL high school history, and I do not know of 20 of them who were NCAA All-Americans, Heisman candidates, and NFL Pro-Bowlers with 2500+ receiving yards in college and 10,000+ yards in the NFL. 

One could argue that those skills did not appear until college, but I think he had them all along...was simply not in the right place in high school.  No doubt there were others who had better stats in high school, but washed out in college or the NFL.  Understand if others think differently.