Any info on these teams?

nolebull813

3 hours ago, TitanUp said:

We are playing Columbine at that event. So far on film I see a stacked team with a lot of size up front on both sides. They did graduate most of their production from last year. However that just means next man up. I'm expecting them to be Lake Brantley on steroids, lol!!! They run single and double wing with a lot of option and throw in enough passing to keep you from loading the box. We will have our hands full but will represent Florida!!! Right now though we are focused on Apopka and Pine Ridge on the 24th. Can't look ahead or we will get caught slipping!!

At first I thought y’all was playn with Columbia But is that the school that had the mass shooting ?

On 5/12/2018 at 10:59 AM, nolebull813 said:

Anyone have any info for these teams coming up this year? 

Orlando University 

Evans 

Port Orange Atlantic 

East Ridge

South Broward 

Baron Collier

Spanish River

Coconut Creek 

Dixie Hollins

The revolving coach's door at Atlantic High may have come to an end.  DJ Mayo, a local athlete with prior head coaching experience (Tampa Chamberlain, Warner Christian) and many area ties was hired a couple months back. Last year he was the defensive coordinator at Port Orange Spruce Creek. Coming over with him is 6'2" , 220 lb, D-1 soph middle linebacker Ty Berrong.  Atlantic High is situated half way between Mainland High to the north and Spruce Creek High to the south. All three schools are off the same road (Clyde Morris Blvd). With less then 5 straight miles to both schools, Atlantic "should" get some new prospects walking through the front door. 

19 hours ago, badbird said:

there is two University's.  Orlando University is usually not very good.  Current Seminole coach Don Starke had some success there for a few years but other than that and John Flath in the early 2000's they have struggled for the last 20 years.  I would guess they have had 4 wining seasons over that time span.

Orange City University has been a disappointment to me.  I think they have good coaching and have had good players but some bad luck and some costly defeats have derailed their seasons.  They lost their All American RB Lingard to graduation and they are kind of under the radar.  maybe they will finally break through but talent wise they are down from previous years.  

I somewhat agree with "badbird." Deland's hiring of coach Steve Allen will end the mass exodus of athletic talent to Deltona and Orange City. The 'Dogs will stay home. I don't expect a large drop off in wins though. With their good stable coaching staff and finally a home field to play games on, the community and school support should be electric. I'm clueless to the 2018 schedule and the football roster. My opinions may be ill-informed, misguided, and just plain wrong. Oh well.... :) 

4 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Such modesty, Dan. You should take a cue from the posters on that National Board!

You mean confident, cocky, and condescending ?  I've been working the ego a couple hours every day. Building a stash of abverbs, adjectives, and prepositional phrases to rain down terror on their fragile psyches. Wish me well Darter. Those boys from Cally, Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Georgia don't mess around. What they lack in intelligence they make up for with boyish bluster, immaturity, bold print, and unimaginable ignorance. Hopefully I'm ready.   "Drummer, you ......