St Thomas Aquinas Transfers - The Real Numbers

OldSchoolLion

Below is a breakdown of the top juniors and seniors on the roster at St Thomas Aquinas this past season.  The years listed after the names are years spent at the STA program.  All were seniors unless noted otherwise. As you'll see, much of their talent is home-grown.  They only got 3 higher profile players who transferred in to play this past season (in bold).  And as loaded as they are at LB and OL, I don't see how those two transfers made a huge difference in their overall performance.

Aquinas has gotten three high-profile players to transfer in for this upcoming season...Mariano Valenti, a 3-star QB form OOS, Braylen Ingraham, a 4-star DE from Dillard, and Avery Huff, a LB from Hollywood McArthur.

The data clearly shows(at least to me it does) that STA is not getting substantial amounts of top tier upperclassmen from local public schools and is not overly reliant upon transfers to reload..at least not in the recent past.   

Please let me know if any of this is incorrect.  

St Thomas Aquinas

Jordan Battle-S (Jr) 2015-2018 (4-star)

Myles Bell-CB(Jr) 2015-2018 (3-star)

Al Blades Jr-CB 2015-2017

Nik Bonitto-DE 2016-2017 transferred from University School his sophomore year

Jahmar Brown-LB(Jr) 2017-2018 transferred from Monsignor Pace his sophomore year (3-star)

Daniel Carter-RB(Jr) 2015-2018 (4-star)

Curt Casteel-QB(Jr) 2015-2018 (3-star)

Jamal Cooney-WR(Jr) 2016-2018 (3-star)

Jaden Davis-CB (Jr) 2015-2018 (4-star)

Dez Dumervil Jean-DT 2015-2017

Marcus Dumervil-OL(Soph) 2016-2018

Julian Hernandez - OL(Jr) 2015-2018 (3-star)

Tavares Kelly-WR 2014-2017

Semar Melvin-CB 2016-2018 (3-star)

Elijah Moore-WR 2016-2017 transferred from Western his sophomore year

Jason Munoz-DE(Jr) 2016-2018 (3-star)

Vincent Murphy-OL(Jr) 2016-2018 (3-star)

Jake Pope-OL(Jr) 2016-2018 (3-star)

D’Andre Ragin-LB transferred from Monsignor Pace for his senior season (3-star)

Marcus Rosemy -WR(Soph) 2016-2018 (5-star)

Asante Samuel-CB 2015-2017

Rocky Shelton-LB 2014-2017

Anthony Solomon-LB(Jr) 2015-2018 (4-star)

Tyler Steen-OL transferred from Doral for his senior season (3-star)

Jason Swann-OL 2015-2017

Trenell Troutman-S 2016-2017 transferred from Northwestern his sophomore year

Nigel White - RB(Jr) 2015-2018

Derek Wingo-LB(Soph) (4-star) 2016-2018

Some additional names...

'19 class transfer this offseason 

Julian Hernandez - Western OL  (3 star)

'20 class transfers this offseason 

Jahvante Royal - McArthur WR  (4 star)

Jovan Ferguson - BTW WR  (3 star)

Xavier Restrepo - Monarch WR/DB (3 star) - Not sure which side or both he plays this coming season.  Looks the part wherever he is.  

Devon Betty - Miramar OLB  (4 star)

Transfer out:

Lampton Griffin - OLB 2020 not rated (FBS power 5 offers, transfer to Palm Beach Central).   Smart move and will get more PT this season.   

18 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Devon Betty added, forgot him and another reason Lampton transferred out.  

I watched highlights from that game and i lost count but he had to have had like 3 tds in that game accounted for by himself 

It's just funny the player that practically dominated STA would end up there just a few months later

Guess they didn't want to have to face him again,  can't blame them either 

Guy is a stud

1 minute ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

No wonder there is no reports of wat we are getting because we are to busy losing players smh lol

If the new staff restores a winning attitude and pride, the transfers will cease and you will get guys coming in. Hopefully, the new staff will be able to do that!

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

If the new staff restores a winning attitude and pride, the transfers will cease and you will get guys coming in. Hopefully, the new staff will be able to do that!

But they got a transfer qb from DFB... I’m pretty sure they getting other transfers too... Might get on our job lol...

12 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Players transfer usually for one of 3 reasons

Playing time 

Stability

Or winning 

However if you can get a coach to establish stability with the history of Dillard then attracting players will not be that hard to accomplish 

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

And what exactly makes you say that?

Last time I checked when the hell is STA not loaded with d1 players

Bruh stop being so fast at this it was joke u the one that act like STA was going outta business shit STA almost went to states last year they drove deep in Venice until they threw that int 

3 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Bruh stop being so fast at this it was joke u the one that act like STA was going outta business shit STA almost went to states last year they drove deep in Venice until they threw that int 

I wouldn't jump on their state championship bandwagon yet 

Still question marks at qb and i think it takes more then some out of state transfer who has never seen real defensive speed to suddenly make them a lock to win state like everyone loves to do

Heard same stuff about Armwood in 2016 that I'm hearing with STA now

"loaded roster"

"experienced team"

"talent all over the place"

And how did that end? 

I wouldn't ignore the loading up over there at Dwyer quite yet,  while everyone is too busy foaming over St Thomas Aquinas they have been quietly pulling in talent over there in Palm Beach County 

9 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Fitting that a team loaded with d1 players couldn't find a qb and it cost them

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I wouldn't jump on their state championship bandwagon yet 

Still question marks at qb and i think it takes more then some out of state transfer who has never seen real defensive speed to suddenly make them a lock to win state like everyone loves to do

Heard same stuff about Armwood in 2016 that I'm hearing with STA now

"loaded roster"

"experienced team"

"talent all over the place"

And how did that end? 

I wouldn't ignore the loading up over there at Dwyer quite yet,  while everyone is too busy foaming over St Thomas Aquinas they have been quietly pulling in talent over there in Palm Beach County 

STA going back to states they almost did it last year and I'm expecting them to go this year only team that stands in the way from South is Dwyer Venice is down this year

Just now, Floridatech said:

They wasn't loaded they had an underclassmen team last year they added some transfers but not like 2015 I guess idk

Wasn't loaded??? 

I would say a team that probably averages 10+ d1 athletes a year would be loaded annually

Tell me something? How many d1 players were in Venice starting lineup

Then we should compare how many STA has on their roster from last year 

I'll put 20 bucks up right now that STA had more d1 players on their roster than Venice 

Sta may not have been as good as normal but they still had plenty of talent 

They just didn't have a qb and it cost them

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Wasn't loaded??? 

I would say a team that probably averages 10+ d1 athletes a year would be loaded annually

Tell me something? How many d1 players were in Venice starting lineup

Then we should compare how many STA has on their roster from last year 

I'll put 20 bucks up right now that STA had more d1 players on their roster than Venice 

Sta may not have been as good as normal but they still had plenty of talent 

They just didn't have a qb and it cost them

Of course they did I NEVER SAID THAT I even said that STA was close to going back to states last year on a down year it took Venice senior heavy team to barely beat em

1 minute ago, Floridatech said:

Of course they did I NEVER SAID THAT I even said that STA was close to going back to states last year on a down year it took Venice senior heavy team to barely beat em

Ok then i must have misunderstood what "loaded" means

I would think that STA is always loaded just by seeing how much talent is on their roster 

Most teams would pray to have as much talent and have as easy of a road to winning state on a down year that St Thomas Aquinas had last year 

Hell if they could have gotten by Venice they would have won state with their weakest roster in a while