St Thomas Aquinas Transfers - The Real Numbers

OldSchoolLion

56 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Wasn't loaded??? 

I would say a team that probably averages 10+ d1 athletes a year would be loaded annually

Tell me something? How many d1 players were in Venice starting lineup

Then we should compare how many STA has on their roster from last year 

I'll put 20 bucks up right now that STA had more d1 players on their roster than Venice 

Sta may not have been as good as normal but they still had plenty of talent 

They just didn't have a qb and it cost them

I believe these were Venice's only D1 recruits from last season.  I believe all of them were home grown.

Venice D1 players

Tyrone Barber-DT  

Bryce Carpenter-QB 

Jaivon Heileigh-WR

Jeremy Trebbles-CB 

6 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I believe these were Venice's only D1 recruits from last season.  I believe all of them were home grown.

Venice D1 players

Tyrone Barber-DT  

Bryce Carpenter-QB 

Jaivon Heileigh-WR

Jeremy Trebbles-CB 

Tebbles did not end up in college unfortunately.

Here is where the kids went.

Carpenter- Coastal Carolina-D1 QB

Heiligh-Coastal Carolina-D1 WR

Barber-USF-D1 DT

Holloway-Ohio University-D1 Long Snapper-WR

Streich-Jacksonville University-D1 LB

Prachar-Northwest Missouri-D2 DE

Bailey-Bentley-D2 DB

Boylard-Mount Union-D3 DT

Smith-Mount Union-D3 LB

Moulton-Mount Union-D3 Punter

Buncik-Dean College-Juco TE

Uribe- New Mexico Military Institute- Juco OL

Holton-Central Methodist-NAIA OL

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Wasn't loaded??? 

I would say a team that probably averages 10+ d1 athletes a year would be loaded annually

Tell me something? How many d1 players were in Venice starting lineup

Then we should compare how many STA has on their roster from last year 

I'll put 20 bucks up right now that STA had more d1 players on their roster than Venice 

Sta may not have been as good as normal but they still had plenty of talent 

They just didn't have a qb and it cost them

Lets take just one kid from STA last year Nik Bonito. Killed Venice in the State Semi before he got hurt in the game. The next year not as much but still a hell of a player. 

He had more D1 offers than we had kids go to college to play. 

Signed with Oklahoma.

Offered from

Alabama -Louisville- Auburn- FSU -Georgia- Illinois- LSU- Miami -Michigan- Miss State- North Carolina State -Ohio State Oregon- Penn Sate- South Carolina-Syracuse- Tennessee- Texas- UCF- Virginia Tech- West Virginia- Wisconsin     

18 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Some additional names...

'19 class transfer this offseason 

Julian Hernandez - Western OL  (3 star)

'20 class transfers this offseason 

Jahvante Royal - McArthur WR  (4 star)

Jovan Ferguson - BTW WR  (3 star)

Xavier Restrepo - Monarch WR/DB (3 star) - Not sure which side or both he plays this coming season.  Looks the part wherever he is.  

Devon Betty - Miramar OLB  (4 star)

Transfer out:

Lampton Griffin - OLB 2020 not rated (FBS power 5 offers, transfer to Palm Beach Central).   Smart move and will get more PT this season.   

STA is losing WR's Elijah Moore and Tavares Kelly, but picking up Royal and Ferguson.  STA is losing 2 senior OL's(they had 6 total that were 3-star or better), but picking up Hernandez.  So, STA, should not miss a beat on offense.

STA is losing Ragin and Shelton at LB, but they are gaining Avery Huff and Devon Betty and have a load of returning talent at that position.  STA is losing 3, 4-star players (Samuel, Blades Jr and Troutman) in the defensive backfield, plus 3-star Melvin).  Might be a question how well their replacements stack up...hard shoes to fill...but they have a couple of 4-star players(Jordan Battle and Jaden Davis) returning.  Based upon rated talent, the biggest question appears to be the defensive line.  They are losing Dez Dumervil and Nik Bonitto.  They are getting Ingraham from Dillard and 3-star Jason Munoz is returning.     

On 7/5/2018 at 9:53 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I wouldn't jump on their state championship bandwagon yet 

Still question marks at qb and i think it takes more then some out of state transfer who has never seen real defensive speed to suddenly make them a lock to win state like everyone loves to do

Heard same stuff about Armwood in 2016 that I'm hearing with STA now

"loaded roster"

"experienced team"

"talent all over the place"

And how did that end? 

I wouldn't ignore the loading up over there at Dwyer quite yet,  while everyone is too busy foaming over St Thomas Aquinas they have been quietly pulling in talent over there in Palm Beach County 

Don’t compare Armwood to STA... Lol as bad on offense STA was Venice still needed help from the zebras also on some questionable calls.. But I don’t think I let’s Dwyer STA has to worry about .. That team might be Doral...

On 7/5/2018 at 9:53 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I wouldn't jump on their state championship bandwagon yet 

Still question marks at qb and i think it takes more then some out of state transfer who has never seen real defensive speed to suddenly make them a lock to win state like everyone loves to do

Concerning the qb, he is from Detroit.  No, that area is nowhere as deep as south Florida, but they definitely have some speed there. There is a school named Cass Tech that is loaded with prospective D1 recruits

I don't see how STA could have issues at rb with those three.

Marcus Rosemy-RB(Soph) (5-star)

Daniel Carter-RB(Jr) (4-star)

Nigel White - RB(Jr) (3-star)

1 hour ago, Zoe Boy said:

Don’t compare Armwood to STA... Lol as bad on offense STA was Venice still needed help from the zebras also on some questionable calls.. But I don’t think I let’s Dwyer STA has to worry about .. That team might be Doral...

So now big bad sta needs zebras to help them? 

Geez when will sta actually step up and do something themselves to earn it?

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

So now big bad sta needs zebras to help them? 

Geez when will sta actually step up and do something themselves to earn it?

So your saying STA never earned it? Idk how y’all precede STA around y’all way but ain’t nobody down here look at STA is big and bad.. When the opportunity comes teams play them win or lose and yes they were some suspect calls from that Venice game but I’m not taking anything away from Venice... They won and I can tell you go by the star system as I go by what my eyes sees... Them star rankings dont mean nothing... 

2 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

So your saying STA never earned it? Idk how y’all precede STA around y’all way but ain’t nobody down here look at STA is big and bad.. When the opportunity comes teams play them win or lose and yes they were some suspect calls from that Venice game but I’m not taking anything away from Venice... They won and I can tell you go by the star system as I go by what my eyes sees... Them star rankings dont mean nothing... 

My point is why is it then when STA losses people try to give them the benefit of the doubt with any excuse that comes around 

Yet if i pointed out how bad our officials are no one cares

Sounded to me like people are acting like St Thomas Aquinas can only lose when they are being cheated

On 7/7/2018 at 8:43 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

My point is why is it then when STA losses people try to give them the benefit of the doubt with any excuse that comes around 

Yet if i pointed out how bad our officials are no one cares

Sounded to me like people are acting like St Thomas Aquinas can only lose when they are being cheated

What ? Idk where you get that from but before the game last year vs Venice folks was still picking STA to win but was not confident.. It’s not a excuse.. Venice won fare n square.. BUT there was calls in that game that could of change the outcome of that game. Y’all the one that have the perception that STAcant be beat cause of their “roster” as us down here know besides that 2008 season I believe (I may be wrong) That STA could of easily lost to a whole bunch of teams if they just played them. Like I said those kids that be on STA roster ranked don’t even be the best players in Dade n Broward ... Eyes don’t lie..

22 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

What ? Idk where you get that from but before the game last year vs Venice folks was still picking STA to win but was not confident.. It’s not a excuse.. Venice won fare n square.. BUT there was calls in that game that could of change the outcome of that game. Y’all the one that have the perception that STAcant be beat cause of their “roster” as us down here know besides that 2008 season I believe (I may be wrong) That STA could of easily lost to a whole bunch of teams if they just played them. Like I said those kids that be on STA roster ranked don’t even be the best players in Dade n Broward ... Eyes don’t lie..

I know that there are better players out there then the ones who are on St Thomas Aquinas 

In fact i don't think sta has any position that has the best player in their own county on the roster 

But that don't stop people from always saying that they gonna win 10 straight 7a titles or something ridiculous like that 

8 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I know that there are better players out there then the ones who are on St Thomas Aquinas 

You don’t know much about STA or anything else related to SoFL 

In fact i don't think sta has any position that has the best player in their own county on the roster 

How about Battle at safety?  How about Davis at CB?  How about Murphy at Center?  How about Solomon or Brown at OLB?   How about Ingraham at DE?  How about Carter at RB?  

Juniors:  Dumervil OT, Rosemy WR,  Wingo LB.  ?  

But that don't stop people from always saying that they gonna win 10 straight 7a titles or something ridiculous like that 

Change your song... you’re an admin with an obvious negative bias.  This isn’t 2017 anymore.   

On 7/6/2018 at 2:26 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

STA is losing WR's Elijah Moore and Tavares Kelly, but picking up Royal and Ferguson.  STA is losing 2 senior OL's(they had 6 total that were 3-star or better), but picking up Hernandez.  So, STA, should not miss a beat on offense.

STA is losing Ragin and Shelton at LB, but they are gaining Avery Huff and Devon Betty and have a load of returning talent at that position.  STA is losing 3, 4-star players (Samuel, Blades Jr and Troutman) in the defensive backfield, plus 3-star Melvin).  Might be a question how well their replacements stack up...hard shoes to fill...but they have a couple of 4-star players(Jordan Battle and Jaden Davis) returning.  Based upon rated talent, the biggest question appears to be the defensive line.  They are losing Dez Dumervil and Nik Bonitto.  They are getting Ingraham from Dillard and 3-star Jason Munoz is returning.     

Melvin is a senior.  The secondary is in good shape.   

Munoz didn’t play last year (injury) and he and Ingraham starting on the DL will provide good size and depth w some talented kids w size behind.  Id have Munoz play DT this season and hopefully he’ll play there at times..  Jean and Bonitto will be missed, but overall size at DL will be improved and won’t be a liability as much as last year imo.  

4 minutes ago, badbird said:

where have you been.  I think STA has earned quite a bit over the years.

Then they should quit whining about officials

All that talent and they need officials to give them every call to win against a 7a team that they claimed was garbage just a year before

LMAO 

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Then they should quit whining about officials

All that talent and they need officials to give them every call to win against a 7a team that they claimed was garbage just a year before

LMAO 

I didn't see them whining because no one from STA post here because you ran him off.  :lol:  

On July 7, 2018 at 12:50 AM, OldSchoolLion said:

Concerning the qb, he is from Detroit.  No, that area is nowhere as deep as south Florida, but they definitely have some speed there. There is a school named Cass Tech that is loaded with prospective D1 recruits

I don't see how STA could have issues at rb with those three.

Marcus Rosemy-RB(Soph) (5-star)

Daniel Carter-RB(Jr) (4-star)

Nigel White - RB(Jr) (3-star)

Marcus Rosemy is a WR.   Kid could be something special if STA can get some decent QB play.