Dr. Phillips vs Lee County (GA State Champ) - Aug. 25th

Pipe Dreams

I’ll add a preview to this thread in time for the game on August 25th (Saturday) at 11am.

This should be a very close game, as Lee County won Georgia’s 6A Classification last year and has serious talent. They have an elite young WR and a do-everything ATH who will make their offense potent.

Dr. Phillips is young but returns 6 starters (and one transfer-in) on defense and two (not including a D1 upcoming junior RB) on offense... The team is loaded with sophomores and juniors but has a small, core group of about 10 seniors who will be major contributors. 

One big piece of news is the transfer of 4-star ATH Jammie Robinson to Lee County. He is the real deal. I’ve included his hudl film below.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5463639/59cc6c164797642b28e65517

Does anybody know if this game will be televised?

10 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

I’ll add a preview to this thread in time for the game on August 25th.

This should be a very close game, as Lee County won Georgia’s 6A Classification last year and has serious talent.

Dr. Phillips is young but returns 6 starters (and one transfer-in) on defense and two (not including a D1 upcoming junior RB) on offense... The team is loaded with sophomores and juniors but has a small, core group of about 10 seniors who will be major contributors.

One big piece of news is the transfer of 4-star ATH Jammie Robinson to Lee County. He is the real deal. I’ve included his hudl film below.

For what it's worth....Lee County is a rural area and does not have the population to reload year-in and year-out.  A number of teams in the southern part of the state were like that, ie Coffee County or Tift County.   They will have a strong team one year and the next will just be "OK."  That said, football is religion in southern GA and count on them being very scrappy.  

They are light years from the talent in north Atlanta and sometimes even struggle with the Warner Robins/Macon schools.  When they have played the better schools, they have gotten spanked.  Even with a young team, I can see Dr P taking it to them, and hope they do.    

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2018 at 6:19 PM, Pipe Dreams said:

I’ll add a preview to this thread in time for the game on August 25th (Saturday) at 11am.

This should be a very close game, as Lee County won Georgia’s 6A Classification last year and has serious talent. They have an elite young WR and a do-everything ATH who will make their offense potent.

Does anybody know if this game will be televised?

Check this kid out from Lee County...only a sophomore.  

https://247sports.com/Player/Baron-Hopson-46054321/

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Lee County won their opener 47-6 and were up 40-6 at the half despite very sloppy play.  They held the other team to negative yardage for the game.  The coach talks of being a "defensive-minded" team.  

Based on what I'm hearing from GA guys over on prep gridiron board the team they beat wasn't very good or in other words what we would call a cupcake team 

It could be an intimidating(but fun) environment for the DR P kids.  I bet that whole area will be shut down for that game.  Lord knows there is nothing else to do around there.:)  

I think there are more counties in Georgia than any other state and folks there really identify with their county of origin/residence.   

If anyone on here is going, the Andersonville Civil War site is not too far north and it is an amazing place.  It will give you the chills.  And Plains is nearby, where Former President Jimmy Carter still teaches Sunday school.   

1 hour ago, Pipe Dreams said:

I’m thinking the final score will be something like 13-10, 14-10, something like that.

DP has 5 receivers who are about 6’2, 190 and a high D1 running back. They should be able to move the ball. The offensive line play and QB will determine their success.

Why couldn't they move the ball in the first half against Kiss Osceola? 

Yeah I have been to a Lee County game matter of fact I have family that live right across the street from the school.... the town will shut down for the games even when the team is bad which it appears they are not right now.  But as Lion said they have will have a good 2 3 year run then have to rebuild and wait for the next generation of kids to come through.  Very similar to say Sumter.  but even smaller community.

4 hours ago, peezy28 said:

Yeah I have been to a Lee County game matter of fact I have family that live right across the street from the school.... the town will shut down for the games even when the team is bad which it appears they are not right now.  But as Lion said they have will have a good 2 3 year run then have to rebuild and wait for the next generation of kids to come through.  Very similar to say Sumter.  but even smaller community.

That is too cool.  Had a good friend in Americus.  Seems like Americus Sumter was really strong a long time ago.   

17 hours ago, badbird said:

I heard Lee got in a bunch of transfers and I don't think DP can score enough.  It probably will be low scoring.  I'll take Lee 17-10.  Would love to make the trip but I will catch DP week 2 vs West orange.

With a school like Lee I just don't see how they can get a bunch of transfers being so out in the Boonies... I mean like if Madison all of a Sudden got a bunch of transfers from Gainesville and Jville... You know folk would be like "WAYAMINUTE"