Thoughts About Cardinal Gibbons

OldSchoolLion

...in case you didn't chunk down the change to see the game...some thoughts.  Cardinal Gibbons lost to Milton 42-17.   It could have been worse.  Milton scored three TD's in the first 8 minutes of the second half and were steamrolling CG's defense.  Milton let up and played second-stringers in the fourth quarter, which must have been  humbling for CG.

CG got beat in just about every aspect of the game.  In their defense, Milton is a very talented team.  Not a lot of superstars, but extremely balanced and well-coached.  It was fun to watch their play selection.  They have two backs, one 210 and another 225, who just battered CG.  I think their main back had 4 rushing TD's.  Their Oline was not very big, but were obviously well-coached, opened holes and protected the qb well, allowing him to complete some nice passes.   CG's Dline really got worked over.   Even with their star, and not sure it would have been enough.  Milton was that good.  

Scalzo is very mobile and fun to watch.  He saved drives on several occasions with his scrambling.  He never got into a rhythm, though.  CG made some nice runs.  I can see CG having a very dangerous offense when they are "on."  Milton's defense is special, and that likely contributed to CG's problems.  

Guess we will see what CG is made.  Their defense must feel pretty badly giving up 90 points in 2 games.  Hopefully they will spring back.  The kids played hard last night.  No shame losing to that team.    

On another note, having watched a number of Florida and Georgia games over the past couple of weeks, the lack of conditioning of some of the Florida lineman stands out. One doesn't see the frequency of huge bellies on the Georgia lineman as on the Florida boys.  We need to do better, especially for the sake of the health of the kids.  One Florida kid I watched today could not even even walk normally...sad.  

9 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

...in case you didn't chunk down the change to see the game...some thoughts.  Cardinal Gibbons lost to Milton 42-17.   It could have been worse.  Milton scored three TD's in the first 8 minutes of the second half and were steamrolling CG's defense.  Milton let up and played second-stringers in the fourth quarter, which must have been  humbling for CG.

CG got beat in just about every aspect of the game.  In their defense, Milton is a very talented team.  Not a lot of superstars, but extremely balanced and well-coached.  It was fun to watch their play selection.  They have two backs, one 210 and another 225, who just battered CG.  I think their main back had 4 rushing TD's.  Their Oline was not very big, but were obviously well-coached, opened holes and protected the qb well, allowing him to complete some nice passes.   CG's Dline really got worked over.   Even with their star, and not sure it would have been enough.  Milton was that good.  

Scalzo is very mobile and fun to watch.  He saved drives on several occasions with his scrambling.  He never got into a rhythm, though.  CG made some nice runs.  I can see CG having a very dangerous offense when they are "on."  Milton's defense is special, and that likely contributed to CG's problems.  

Guess we will see what CG is made.  Their defense must feel pretty badly giving up 90 points in 2 games.  Hopefully they will spring back.  The kids played hard last night.  No shame losing to that team.    

On another note, having watched a number of Florida and Georgia games over the past couple of weeks, the lack of conditioning of some of the Florida lineman stands out. One doesn't see the frequency of huge bellies on the Georgia lineman as on the Florida boys.  We need to do better, especially for the sake of the health of the kids.  One Florida kid I watched today could not even even walk normally...sad.  

I see this obsession with “gain weight gain weight!” That’s a great way to lead a kid to his grave 20+ years early. If he doesn’t have the frame to be 6’2 260 and look decent, then he ain’t a D1 OL. Have him be 6’ 235 but in shape and as strong as possible. He will be able to give you a heck of a lot more. 

The coaching difference between FL and GA is night and day and it’s directly correlated to the amount of money they make. I don’t see guys on the sideline in GA winning titles who run one coverage and have an offense with 2 plays but have the best athletes like I have down here. They have structured plans for the entire year and they leave no stone unturned to win. 

Cardinal Gibbons claim to fame is 2 close losses to AHP. So basically they haven't done shit. 

Then they play another elite team week 1 and get ass waxed. Them waxed again in Georgia. 

They aren't a very good football team. They are giving up 45 points a game on defense. That's not gonna cut it. 

Gibbons is a overhyped team who is all hat and no cattle. I wouldn't have them in the state top 25 

14 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Cardinal Gibbons claim to fame is 2 close losses to AHP. So basically they haven't done shit. 

Then they play another elite team week 1 and get ass waxed. Them waxed again in Georgia. 

They aren't a very good football team. They are giving up 45 points a game on defense. That's not gonna cut it. 

Gibbons is a overhyped team who is all hat and no cattle. I wouldn't have them in the state top 25 

Lol those refs at gibbons is gonna b a bus saw next week smh Dillard is gonna have over 400 yards in penalties and 5 tds call back lol watch 

25 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I believe it. 

Paws up!!!!

It will shock the hell out of me if the refs even allow it to be close. If this game is played fairly tho Dillard can get them.

western officials was far past rediculous I was surprised we came away with the W which was very impressive 

14 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

It will shock the hell out of me if the refs even allow it to be close. If this game is played fairly tho Dillard can get them.

western officials was far past rediculous I was surprised we came away with the W which was very impressive 

Good news-the refs for the game did not go to school at Cardinal Gibbons

Bad news-the refs did go to Ely:rolleyes:  I

32 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Good news-the refs for the game did not go to school at Cardinal Gibbons

Bad news-the refs did go to Ely:rolleyes:  I

Even worst lol and I believe gibbons will shoot those refs a few hundred to swing the game especially if Dillard hop on them first te last 3 games Dillard has scored first and for a team who has given 40 plus points in two st8 games leaves no doubt we can score on them