Lincoln vs Lowndes Tomorrow

OldSchoolLion

Lincoln faces off with traditional Georgia power Lowndes tomorrow across the border. 

http://www.wtxl.com/news/wtxlfnf-game-of-the-week-lincoln-high-vs-lowndes/article_5e5e60ca-b6d1-11e8-a910-db561b14ea8c.html

Lowndes coach Randy McPherson used to be coach at Madison County and helped put that program on the map.  He has been at Lowndes since 2002.

Lincoln has an interesting history of playing games against teams from other Southern states.  Below are some examples from the past 15 years and record(s) versus each team.  As you'll see below, they haven't had the best of luck.  They have played some pretty tough teams, though.  

Valdosta(GA) 2-4

Camden County(GA) 0-2

Bainbridge(GA) 0-1

S Gwinnett(GA) 1-0

Daphne(AL) 1-1

Bynres(SC) 0-1

St Paul's(LA) 1-0

Looking at the list, whatever happened to Camden County as a rising national or even state power. 2011ish, they played Miami Central (home) and St. Thomas Aquinas (away). They have a beautiful stadium. Large community support. 2500 students in the only school in the county with no school really close enough to steal away players. The population used to be even higher with nearly 3000. 

42 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Lincoln will get rocked to sleep. They are better than last year but that's not saying much. Lowndes is a state and National power. Lincoln is an area power and that's if you want to use that word. Big difference. 

How can a team be a national power when they never face any national powers outside of GA 

State power yeah but national power is a stretch

Using that logic St Augustine and Apopka are both national powers, i have a ton of respect for both those schools but they rarely play oos even though they have beaten nationally ranked FL teams before

I know I got lowndes in pickems but i hope Lincoln takes them down,  it would add a lot of credibility to the sunshine state and really would be funny to watch lowndes get embarrassed at home since they always take FL games that would be huge advantage in their favor and it would be nice to see them get exposed by a team they should beat and what looked like a huge mismatch in the preseason 

3 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Lincoln will get rocked to sleep. They are better than last year but that's not saying much. Lowndes is a state and National power. Lincoln is an area power and that's if you want to use that word. Big difference. 

I dunno man I watched some of Lincoln the other day and they look a lot different from some of the previous teams Ive seen.   This isn't a great Lowndes team either IMO.   

16 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

...a little history.  Losing their coach of 13 years (Jeff Herron) likely cost them some momentum.

https://thebrunswicknews.com/sports/local_sports/camden-hires-new-head-football-coach/article_6f6ba503-662c-57df-8f63-245345460277.html

I understand coaching changes and lack of stability can hurt a program, 

---- New Coach
2013: 9-1
2014: 5-5
2015: 10-2
2016: 2-7
---- New Coach
2017: 3-7

29-22 (.568)

I guess I just don't understand how a school with all things that I suggested above (2500+ students, history, tradition, 1 school in the county with no schools close enough to steal players, large community support) struggles so much that they only win 2 or 3 games. Granted the new coach has won 3 games this season out of 4, so maybe the ship has been corrected. 

The thing about Camden is they used to play in a region with some of the worst schools in the state. All the Savannah area schools. So they could rack up easy wins. Now they play with Lowndes, Colquitt and crew and it ain't like that anymore. 

They did win 3 titles because the coach and his system. He is legendary in GA. 

They do get transfers in too. They had 3 brothers who came in from a Jax school. Raines I think. 

Lowndes 51, Lincoln 15

Lowndes allowed Lincoln the first touchdown on a 17-yard pass from Christopher Beard to Ryan Hall in the first quarter before the Vikings scored 38 unanswered-points to blow the game open. Gary Osby gave Lowndes the lead on a 55-yard run and two-point conversion with 10:34 in the second quarter. In the third, Lowndes pushed the lead with 30 consecutive-points from Travis Tisdale (70-yard run, 54-yard run), Jaccari Brown (5-yard run), Ashton Musgrove (42-yard field goal) and Jalen Rowe (18-yard pass from Brown). Sage Ennis cut into the Vikings’ lead on a 1-yard run with 7:44 left in the game but Lowndes answered with touchdown runs by Isreal Mitchell (38-yards) and DeShawn Taylor (5-yards) to maintain control.

5 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Lowndes 51, Lincoln 15

Lowndes allowed Lincoln the first touchdown on a 17-yard pass from Christopher Beard to Ryan Hall in the first quarter before the Vikings scored 38 unanswered-points to blow the game open. Gary Osby gave Lowndes the lead on a 55-yard run and two-point conversion with 10:34 in the second quarter. In the third, Lowndes pushed the lead with 30 consecutive-points from Travis Tisdale (70-yard run, 54-yard run), Jaccari Brown (5-yard run), Ashton Musgrove (42-yard field goal) and Jalen Rowe (18-yard pass from Brown). Sage Ennis cut into the Vikings’ lead on a 1-yard run with 7:44 left in the game but Lowndes answered with touchdown runs by Isreal Mitchell (38-yards) and DeShawn Taylor (5-yards) to maintain control.

Sounds like Lincoln quit once they got down.  That and Lowndes wanted to run up the score.  Score was 8-7 at half haha.