Sebring vs. Kathleen game ending brawl?!

NewEraFball

Has anyone heard anything about this bench clearing brawl that took place this past Friday?? Apparently there was a coach from one team who even threw a punch. I wasn't there so I am not sure how true that is, but I have heard there is such footage. The game was called in the final minute of the game due to the fight that broke out. What will happen to both teams if there is a bench clearing brawl with everyone basically ending up fighting on the field. I've never heard of something of that nature at the high school level. What will the FHSAA do? There has to be multiple suspensions from both teams...perhaps even cancellation of games! What do yall think? I'm over in Daytona area so I don't hear ALOT of word of mouth, just a little here and there. 

8 minutes ago, footballfan56 said:

Has anyone heard anything about this bench clearing brawl that took place this past Friday?? Apparently there was a coach from one team who even threw a punch. I wasn't there so I am not sure how true that is, but I have heard there is such footage. The game was called in the final minute of the game due to the fight that broke out. What will happen to both teams if there is a bench clearing brawl with everyone basically ending up fighting on the field. I've never heard of something of that nature at the high school level. What will the FHSAA do? There has to be multiple suspensions from both teams...perhaps even cancellation of games! What do yall think? I'm over in Daytona area so I don't hear ALOT of word of mouth, just a little here and there. 

Brendan Gant, the fellow on top in the photo, is a 4-star safety for Kathleen, #116 in the ESPN 300, and an an FSU commit.  Kathleen was getting thumped at home 26-0.  

https://www.yoursun.com/sebring/blue-streaks-blank-kathleen/article_e239b354-c97d-11e8-8a68-cfa7b52b8513.html

56 minutes ago, footballfan56 said:

Wow! Sebring has a big district game with Lake Wales coming up. They can't afford to have players suspended.  

I think FHSAA should make Sebring and Lehigh make up the canceled game.

Just curious how many fights does this make in the past few years for Kathleen? I could’ve wrong but wasn’t there an issues last year or the year before? Discipline issues could get a HC and his staff fired but the way these kids think currently thanks to technology I think we will see more and more of incidents like this unless schools start stepping up!!!

27 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Wow! Sebring has a big district game with Lake Wales coming up. They can't afford to have players suspended.  

I think FHSAA should make Sebring and Lehigh make up the canceled game.

If it’s not a district game and both teams agree FHSAA doesn’t have a say so because contracts are between schools not FHSAA.

4 minutes ago, WhatsUpDoc said:

Just curious how many fights does this make in the past few years for Kathleen? I could’ve wrong but wasn’t there an issues last year or the year before? Discipline issues could get a HC and his staff fired but the way these kids think currently thanks to technology I think we will see more and more of incidents like this unless schools start stepping up!!!

If i'm not mistaken, this is a new staff at Kathleen. I don't believe its the same head coach that they have had for years. 

Pic says a lot in link

https://www.yoursun.com/sebring/blue-streaks-blank-kathleen/article_e239b354-c97d-11e8-8a68-cfa7b52b8513.html

i will say this though Sebring played real dirty against Hardee. I was at that game and we seen many dirty stufffrom Sebring players!!! Then one of Hardee DBs yells to Coach “ They calling me ###%%^, and the ref was right there to hear it and did not say anything”!!!

my point is REFS are also a issue to because they are not controlling the game and by allowing stuff like that to go on only shows refs are out of control themselves!!!

Really sad to see and hear. Really wish the games were kept under control better and the kids and coaches had enough sense just let things go. I coached for a long time and never had an issue like this. I understand you get heated, but for a game to end in a brawl is just unacceptable. Someone needs to be made an example of. If not, then expect these things to continue to happen. 15-17 year old kids getting into a fight in an organized HS sporting event is just embarassing for the school and the sport. 

We never seen this until kids were given all this technology; phones and tablets, think how many evil games are on these devices and causes how kids think.  Here’s a good example, GRAMD THEFT AUTO, one of the most evil games out there, as a player I steal cars, theft, even murder others. Every single human is born evil, we as parents must teach them with correction. Think about it every 1 year old does a lot of wrong doing we must correct them. Then whenever they are 5-10 we have to correct them even more. But if they are playing games like GRAMD Theft Auto, you as a parent, are saying it’s okay to steal, to hurt others, to murder because the game taught them this!!!! This is not an opinion but a fact this is and has happened. Many parents have failed big time and I’m not afraid to even say this, we are seeing it today in this world!!!

6 minutes ago, WhatsUpDoc said:

We never seen this until kids were given all this technology; phones and tablets, think how many evil games are on these devices and causes how kids think.  Here’s a good example, GRAMD THEFT AUTO, one of the most evil games out there, as a player I steal cars, theft, even murder others. Every single human is born evil, we as parents must teach them with correction. Think about it every 1 year old does a lot of wrong doing we must correct them. Then whenever they are 5-10 we have to correct them even more. But if they are playing games like GRAMD Theft Auto, you as a parent, are saying it’s okay to steal, to hurt others, to murder because the game taught them this!!!! This is not an opinion but a fact this is and has happened. Many parents have failed big time and I’m not afraid to even say this, we are seeing it today in this world!!!

First i will issue this warning in advance before we get too far off-topic 

While this post isn't reaching political stuff yet it is leaning in that territory and i have seen similar discussions regarding similar topics eventually reach that point 

I'll allow it to continue but if i see any political party references in this thread i will shut it down, so just be aware of that and keep political affiliation out of the discussion and it is all fine

Not trying to single you out, this goes for anyone 

Also in response to your post i actually disagree, i will personally attest to fact I've played those type of games and not once have i had to urge to steal a car or rob a bank or whatever else goes on in these games

In fact I feel many of these "immature adults" out there are the real cause

People say kids these days are disrespectful to adults, well i actually think if anything the problem is adults these days are immature and throwing their weight around

I'm around high school aged people all the time out here and quite frankly i see 95% of the ones out here being better role models than some of the adults i have seen in the community, you have adults out there cussing and trying to size up teenagers like they ready to throw hands yet wonder why kids don't see them as adults

The point I'm getting at is the issue in society isn't coming from the kids,  it's coming from poor role models around them, the kids who have good role models are some of the most respectful people in the community, it's when they lack true role models that things take a wrong turn 

On 10/8/2018 at 7:32 AM, footballfan56 said:

Do a search on the internet and one can find quite a few examples of fights such as these...disturbing.  Controlling aggression is like any other "skill."  One must practice and hone it.  The martial arts community figured that out eons ago.  It's like a switch that allows one to go from a peaceful state to raging grizzly bear mode and back within a split second. 

Some of the techniques used by high school coaches today are very troubling.  It's like giving a pit bull to a person who does not have a clue about animal behavior.  If we look at a young man's inability to control aggression as a missing skillset versus a moral failure, it is much more constructive.   Unfortunately,  some coaches today don't know how to properly teach in this realm and are not willing to look beyond traditional paradigms of coaching, the snarling, spitting coach who curses every other word...and then it falls on the athlete's next coach to deal with the uncontrolled aggression.

28 minutes ago, footballfan56 said:

Just heard that numerous people have received 6 game suspensions, including 4 star Safety and FSU commit Brendan Gant. Also heard that this was his second suspension handed down by FHSAA in the past year. That seems like an issue. 

Any Sebring players suspended?

On 10/11/2018 at 4:55 PM, Hwy17 said:

Any Sebring players suspended?

I haven’t heard there were any. Apparently there was an altercation between a player from Kathleen and a coach from sebring that may have started it. I’m not sure how a brawl can break out and only people from one team are the ones who get punished. Hopefully it will be dealt with by FHSAA.