Columbia vs Lee Regional Semifinals

DisabledAccount

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

A lot of people were going nuts in the stands and apparently every reporter charting it said Columbia only had 3 downs (there was 4 reporters at the game,  2 from LCR, one from Gainesville and one from Jacksonville and all had same on it) 

Regardless the way we played prior to 4th quarter was pretty bad and before the late surge it looked like it was going to be a repeat of 2016 game against Lee 

It was nice to see Columbia not just give up after going down by 24 points and surged late,  had they put that surge much earlier they would have probably won

In fact i was more bothered by our fans walking out in the 3rd quarter of the game then i was of the result and it showed the true colors of our current fanbase,  they are no longer the hardcore Columbia high fanbase we had for decades, they have morphed into fair weather jokes 

It's pretty much the same way for most other schools. We live in a very selfish and self centered society these days. If something is not entertaining them 24/7 then they get bored and move on. Any lull in the action and they disappear, whether at a football game or at a dinner table. You would think with the incredibly good season that Columbia has had that the fans would support the team to the bitter end. Unfortunately, this is the way of the future.

I feel for you Columbiafan. Such great prospects and you lose to a team that you probably should have defeated. A terrible letdown. I know. But, there is only one team that can win the championship. So, many other teams did or will experience losses just like Columbia. Look forward to next year just as I have with Trinity Catholic over the last 4 seasons. B)

31 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

It's pretty much the same way for most other schools. We live in a very selfish and self centered society these days. If something is not entertaining them 24/7 then they get bored and move on. Any lull in the action and they disappear, whether at a football game or at a dinner table. You would think with the incredibly good season that Columbia has had that the fans would support the team to the bitter end. Unfortunately, this is the way of the future.

I feel for you Columbiafan. Such great prospects and you lose to a team that you probably should have defeated. A terrible letdown. I know. But, there is only one team that can win the championship. So, many other teams did or will experience losses just like Columbia. Look forward to next year just as I have with Trinity Catholic over the last 4 seasons. B)

Hopefully the issue of the fans will be addressed with time but i see several on social media actively speaking about the poor support we had in second half of the year and this seems to be a story that is just heating up

I also learned a few years ago that I could never put my eggs in one basket,  columbia football isn't the only sport capable of making a solid run so I don't think Columbia is done this year on its attempt to bring home a championship so I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the year brings to Columbia High School.

I also look forward to seeing what shakeups happen in classes this coming year 

9 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Bad Bird, Columbiafan is a good young man. I feel for him. With Apopkas' loss I had planned to take in the Columbia vs Edgewater game. But now I am stuck with Wekiva vs Mandarin, as despite knowing a kid on the Edgewater roster, I am not a big enough fan of Edgewater football to make the trip to Jacksonville. 

I was going to go to Edgewater vs Columbia or Lakeland vs Columbia if they happened.  Didn't work out.  Think I'm going to hit Vanguard vs Armwood this week

3 hours ago, badbird said:

I was going to go to Edgewater vs Columbia or Lakeland vs Columbia if they happened.  Didn't work out.  Think I'm going to hit Vanguard vs Armwood this week

Maybe we will play down in Central Florida soon and it will be perfect setup to check a game out 

7 minutes ago, badbird said:

sounds like future is bright with freshman QB

It does actually 

I was thinking about this last week about what would we do eventually once Jordan graduates because him as a scrambling qb gives such a huge matchup nightmare for teams and while Ty isn't terrible thrower he isn't very quick on his feet and i think us having a duel threat makes us more dangerous

While the freshman qb has some work to do on how to protect the ball (he had 3 times he came inches from giving the ball away and several times ran right into pressure) but for a freshman in his first varsity playing time i was very impressed and i see a bright future on that offense 

Now the biggest question going into next year is how will we replace 3 key starters on the offensive line and how will we replace a very senior laden defense where over half the starters were seniors 

Columbia may have given up 24 points on defense last night  (7 points came off a pick 6) but overall I didn't feel their performance was as bad as it would look on the scoreboard, Columbia defense started the majority of their drives having to defend in their own territory (Lee started past 50 yard line on a heavy number of their drives) 

And for the love of god someone needs to work on that Columbia kickoff coverage team,  too many times this year we gave up great field position and left the defense in a very tough situation to win

15 hours ago, badbird said:

Just a reminder that Booster Stadium is charging $5 for parking and $8 for the game. However, it will be worth it as this is going to be the game of the week and worth every penny IMHO. For the Sebring and Lake Wales games the stands were nearly packed even though Booster Stadium is one of the largest in Florida. I would expect standing room only after 7 PM. 

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Just a reminder that Booster Stadium is charging $5 for parking and $8 for the game. However, it will be worth it as this is going to be the game of the week and worth every penny IMHO. For the Sebring and Lake Wales games the stands were nearly packed even though Booster Stadium is one of the largest in Florida. I would expect standing room only after 7 PM. 

You likely know this...Booster Stadium hosted a number of state finals back in the 1970's.  It was a good neutral site for teams from the Panhandle playing teams from south Florida.

b

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

I hope that game gets live streamed somewhere because i would like to see Vanguard play since my only chance to see them this year came during 7v7 but i was very impressed by them during the event

Hopefully we get a small district next year so we will have the flexibility to put Vanguard on the schedule