Jump to content

  • Announcements

    • Joshua Wilson

      Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

      Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

      Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

      For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolLion

4A Region 3 - An Early Look

Recommended Posts

6 returning playoffs teams from last season will be in Region 3 this year.  2 of them were in Region 3 last year...Avon Park and Lake Placid.  4A Region 4 finalist Glades Central moves over to Region 3.  Tampa Catholic and AH Delray both move up from 3A and Lakewood moves down from 5A.   Too bad Cocoa moved out of the region or things would be that much more interesting.  

With the geographical spread of this region, seedings will be important.  A trip from south FL to Tampa or vice versa could be on the line.  Interestingly, Tampa Catholic and Glades Central would have been tied for #1 seed with 40.4 had this region been in place this past season.

**American Heritage Delray 9-4

**Tampa Catholic 8-4

**Glades Central 8-4

**Lake Placid 6-5

**Lakewood 6-6

**Avon Park 5-6

Somerset Canyons 5-5

Clewiston 2-8

Lemon Bay 2-8

Tenoroc 1-8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, A-Town561 said:

Cant wait.... but Ultimately, the team that comes out will likely play Carol City Chiefs

That's one way of looking at it, but whoever comes out of the region will also earn the designation of being a State team and likely be playing a football game after thanksgiving. I don't think that's anything to get depressed about.

Looking at it I would say that Glades Central is the favorite but AH Delray and Tampa Catholic aren't far behind.  AH Delray has a good team returning and TC will have an offensive line that averages 6'4, 280 with 2 star running backs.  This will be a fun region to watch come playoff time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's not forget that Carol City has not been the most consistent performer over the past 15 years.  They have had a number of losing seasons.  This year's team is not overloaded with talent on paper.  With Booker T and Cardinal Gibbons in Region 4, it's no lock that Carol City advances.  .    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 10:13 PM, SPCjessica2004 said:

That's one way of looking at it, but whoever comes out of the region will also earn the designation of being a State team and likely be playing a football game after thanksgiving. I don't think that's anything to get depressed about.

Looking at it I would say that Glades Central is the favorite but AH Delray and Tampa Catholic aren't far behind.  AH Delray has a good team returning and TC will have an offensive line that averages 6'4, 280 with 2 star running backs.  This will be a fun region to watch come playoff time.

Both teams will have to bring it.

We will be waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 11:14 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

Let's not forget that Carol City has not been the most consistent performer over the past 15 years.  They have had a number of losing seasons.  This year's team is not overloaded with talent on paper.  With Booker T and Cardinal Gibbons in Region 4, it's no lock that Carol City advances.  .    

Ummmm you know before the playoffs Carol city was considered on of the the best team in nation..... Won a state championship not to long ago and has beat Booker t into a coma the last couple of years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, A-Town561 said:

Ummmm you know before the playoffs Carol city was considered on of the the best team in nation..... Won a state championship not to long ago and has beat Booker t into a coma the last couple of years?

Carol City is always talented.  Booker T has owned Carol City a lot longer than Carol City has owned Booker T.  And Booker T has some serious talent this year.  I would not be surprised if either team won this year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



  • Posts

    • That has nothing to do with the topic.
    • Is that why 2 years ago they had no backup plan for a unexpected need to change the venue at the state finals?    
    • As much crap we give Ga. posters, the GHSA is always on point. The FHSAA knows what they need to do, but the problem with doing the right thing is it makes too much sense. 
    • Does anyone know if Celtic QB Dominac Brinser transferred to North Marion? He was on the Celtic's roster in early May and now he is on the North Marion roster. I thought he was being primed as the starting QB for Trinity this season and he looks good in his Hudl videos.
    • I understand that but that's why I'm saying I'm against there being a deadline for schedules    We can't control that so many teams have no interest in playing us (even though many players on those teams will always talk crap on social media about being better than us and us being garbage yet are not gonna put money where their mouth is)   We are gonna need every second possible to find games    I think long term this is going to force us to have to travel to Central or South FL or even OOS in the future to get games scheduled since many in North Florida will not want to play them (in other words we will have to follow the blueprint of TCA schedule to find games which I'm personally fine with as it will get us a lot of respect for playing those kind of games)   I guess the same could be said locally for Lake City middle who since merging Richardson and LCMS has not been welcomed in their previous conference (even though both schools were in the conference when they were 2 separate schools) and have to now play South GA schools to get some games as they playing lowndes middle and Valdosta middle this fall     I get what you saying @gatorman-uf but I just wish some schools in North Florida had the same attitude that those Broward and Dade schools had of taking on any challenge and not worrying about wins or losses in the process because any game against top level competition will build toughness and gain respect 
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Popular Contributors

×