• Announcements

• Joshua Wilson

Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
THIS_IS_DILLARD

Broward Public school last football title “2015” before then “09” before then “02”

That’s a HUGE PROBLEM.!! Transfers or not private schools or not that’s a MAJOR PROBLEM!! So basically in 17 years we’ve only had 3 public schools out of broward hoist a title. 

And it’s been 4 in a half years since the last public school to do it. Just WOW.!

last 3 teams to win it public schools wise.

flanagan “15”

miramar “09”

ely “02”

15 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

That’s a HUGE PROBLEM.!! Transfers or not private schools or not that’s a MAJOR PROBLEM!! So basically in 17 years we’ve only had 3 public schools out of broward hoist a title. 

And it’s been 4 in a half years since the last public school to do it. Just WOW.!

last 3 teams to win it public schools wise.

flanagan “15”

miramar “09”

ely “02”

Too many very good private schools taking too much of the talent. That and the inability of Deerfield Beach to live up to its year in and year out hype. Maybe it's going to take a resurgent Dillard to shake things up!

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Too many very good private schools taking too much of the talent. That and the inability of Deerfield Beach to live up to its year in and year out hype. Maybe it's going to take a resurgent Dillard to shake things up!

I can live with that lol we still lead the county in championships lol. 

But all jokes aside I think it’s coaching as well along with discipline & the desire to want to win. 

32 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I can live with that lol we still lead the county in championships lol. 

But all jokes aside I think it’s coaching as well along with discipline & the desire to want to win. 

What I have trouble with is that Dade public schools win championships consistently. It's not like Broward talent is inferior to Dade's. But Dade, aside from Columbus, and a few small private schools over the years, does not have the likes of AHP, ST. Thomas, Chaminade, etc taking talent in large numbers. 

18 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

What I have trouble with is that Dade public schools win championships consistently. It's not like Broward talent is inferior to Dade's. But Dade, aside from Columbus, and a few small private schools over the years, does not have the likes of AHP, ST. Thomas, Chaminade, etc taking talent in large numbers. 

But even if they did Miami schools have shown they can beat those same schools home or away; as I mentioned Above I think it’s a lot to do with coaching and desire. Most times then not dade teams always look faster and hungrier. But yet both counties are black counties with heavily hooded areas with crime and low opportunity.

11 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

But even if they did Miami schools have shown they can beat those same schools home or away; as I mentioned Above I think it’s a lot to do with coaching and desire. Most times then not dade teams always look faster and hungrier. But yet both counties are black counties with heavily hooded areas with crime and low opportunity.

What?

17 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I just didn’t agree with some of the statements you just put up there ..

2 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

I just didn’t agree with some of the statements you just put up there ..

Like what bro? That both counties are in hooded areas with very low opportunity ? If so as I reread I can take that back because there opportunity everywhere we just have to take advantage of it.

Look on the bright side, technically, Palm Beach County  hasn't seen a state championship since 2013 with Dwyer. 

We had team to go since ,American Heritage, Pahokee, Oxbridge, Atlantic, and even King's Academy. 

(Notice 3 of them are private schools)

All have either fallen in defeat or circumstance. 

If you ask me Broward doing better than us lol

4 hours ago, A-Town561 said:

Look on the bright side, technically, Palm Beach County  hasn't seen a state championship since 2013 with Dwyer. 

We had team to go since ,American Heritage, Pahokee, Oxbridge, Atlantic, and even King's Academy. 

(Notice 3 of them are private schools)

All have either fallen in defeat or circumstance. 

If you ask me Broward doing better than us lol

Not all bro GC & PH has more state championships separated and most definitely combined since 2000 then broward has as a combined county public school wise in the same 19 year span.