Undefeated Palmetto falls to Lincoln

DisabledAccount

54 minutes ago, badbird said:

6A is wide open and weak.  Same can probably be said for 8A

6A has no clear favorite. MC is very beatable. Dillard could be a dark horse. Naples can make a nice run if they get home games. Palmetto and Lake Gibson, the verdict is still out on them. And it's a crapshoot for the top half of the draw. 

Just now, badbird said:

Maxpreps has Apopka ranked #4 in 8A.  Ask Darterblue.  This Apopka team is not very good however they do have a shot in a watered down weak 8A.  

With all due respect to the blue darters they will face solid competition in 8a region 1

Doubt they make it out of regional play

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

With all due respect to the blue darters they will face solid competition in 8a region 1

Doubt they make it out of regional play

I don't think they will either.  Two of the three teams ahead of them are in Region 1.   However they are one of the better 8A tams and very average this year.

35 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

6A has no clear favorite. MC is very beatable. Dillard could be a dark horse. Naples can make a nice run if they get home games. Palmetto and Lake Gibson, the verdict is still out on them. And it's a crapshoot for the top half of the draw. 

I was just saying yesterday how 6A is wide open this year there is no CLEAR and undeniable but there is a lot of balance and a few potentials.

coming into this year Dillard was ranked behind MC SOUTH RIDGE Belen & norland in 6A south. But I honestly believe other then Miami central ..Dillard has the next best chance to represent 6A in the championship. Or ATLEAST the state semis.

still a long way to go before that tho right now our goal is to try and get to (10-0) next Saturday.

This one was a big surprise to me. This is the best Palmetto defense I've ever seen and I'm kinda shocked by the score. The local papers only showed the score and didn't offer much of a story line as to what was going on with Palmetto Fri night. Were players out? Did they decide to play the young guys because they've already locked up a playoff spot? Maybe Lincoln just had one of those nights were the ball just bounced their way? I'll have to take a ride to the barbershop tomorrow and see if someone knows the scoop. I do know this Palmetto team is legit and should make a deep run in the playoffs. 

Why was Palmetto playing Lincoln to begin with?  Am I correct that Palmetto is in the Bradenton area and Lincoln is in Tallahassee?  That's like a 4-5 hour bus ride for a regular-season, non-district game, right?  

Maybe the Palmetto coach is crazy like a fox and trying to get his team ready for the prospect of a long bus ride in a playoff game. 

1 minute ago, Perspective said:

Why was Palmetto playing Lincoln to begin with?  Am I correct that Palmetto is in the Bradenton area and Lincoln is in Tallahassee?  That's like a 4-5 hour bus ride for a regular-season, non-district game, right?  

Maybe the Palmetto coach is crazy like a fox and trying to get his team ready for the prospect of a long bus ride in a playoff game. 

sometimes it's better to play teams outside of your area to see how you stack up to other areas in the state, if you only play teams in your area you may end up being unprepared when facing a team from a different area of the state as teams in other areas are built different

Like for Columbia if we did nothing but play teams in North Central Florida when we get in playoffs and have to face teams from other areas of the state who are completely different matchups we may not truly be prepared for what weaknesses might be exploited by someone in a different area 

10 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

sometimes it's better to play teams outside of your area to see how you stack up to other areas in the state, if you only play teams in your area you may end up being unprepared when facing a team from a different area of the state as teams in other areas are built different

Like for Columbia if we did nothing but play teams in North Central Florida when we get in playoffs and have to face teams from other areas of the state who are completely different matchups we may not truly be prepared for what weaknesses might be exploited by someone in a different area 

I agree 100%.  But Tallahassee is an awfully long way to travel from Palmetto.  Plenty of other  teams "outside of [their] area" 2-3 hours away.