Venice routs Miami Northwestern 56-34

Steve U

48 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Venice has some new players in their secondary, so growing pains were to be expected. There were a lot of needless penalties last night, as well as a slant pattern that killed them almost every single time it was called. There are still some kinks to work out, but Venice has a very solid base to build upon and grow from. Miami Northwestern is no pushover, but I’m glad Venice played them so early in the preseason. This gives the coaches a lot of film to study, and teaching points that will help them be more successful. 

I am very intrigued by next weeks matchup against Gibbons. Cardinal Gibbons is the embodiment of everything Venice has struggled with in the past: elite speed and agility. If Venice is to win next weeks game, they need to clean up all of the penalties and take serious steps to strengthen their secondary in the span of a week. If they can do this, they will win a very tough, hard fought game. If they can’t, and they start slow, Gibbons will blow them off the field. This next week is going to tell much of the story about how far Venice will go this season, and I am very excited for football to begin again. 

No one gonna blow out Venice. I was watching your coaching staff during the game. A1........Roared when they had to & stroked when deserved. 

17 minutes ago, Jullian said:

No one gonna blow out Venice. I was watching your coaching staff during the game. A1........Roared when they had to & stroked when deserved. 

I think Venice will win next week. But they have a few issues they need to clean up first. I’m excited to see STA play SFA in the battle of the saints. I think the warm weather will play to STA’s benefit, and the crowd will lead them to an extremely narrow victory at home.

4 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I think Venice will win next week. But they have a few issues they need to clean up first. I’m excited to see STA play SFA in the battle of the saints. I think the warm weather will play to STA’s benefit, and the crowd will lead them to an extremely narrow victory at home.

Lol that’s what Miami Central thought when SFA blew em up! Lol. 

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

You do realize that Vanguard played with their Sophomore QB Fred Gaskin last night. He is normally a RB and has never played QB. They didn't play their starting Sr QB Ronnie Joe Gilchrist for reasons unknown to me. ;) 

Idk if the Sr lost the job or is injured,  but Gaskins lit it up this summer in 7 on 7 tourneys.

1 hour ago, fishspinners said:

Idk if the Sr lost the job or is injured,  but Gaskins lit it up this summer in 7 on 7 tourneys.

Then maybe Columbia defense is better than I thought considering the only score Vanguard got was off one big play 

For the most part Vanguard spent the night going backwards on offense whether it was by a sack or penalty

1 hour ago, Jullian said:

Well I hope they do better on the big stage than Central or AH........

It won’t be a blowout by any means. It will be a defensive slug fest all game. Both defenses are equally dominant. Both offenses will have trouble scoring frequently. Being at home, with the crowd rowdy and it being played on a Saturday at noon, will give STA advantages that they wouldn’t have had on the road. This leads me to believe that Aquinas will narrowly pull this game away, 20-17.