Mike Rumph to Miami

STARaiders2014

Plantation American Heritage HC Mike Rumph has left the program and is taking a job with Miami as a CBs coach. Peter Ariz reported it on twitter earlier today. 

I don't know much else, but now one of the top jobs in all of Florida is open and it'll be interesting to see who chases after the AHP head job. 

Great hire for Miami though, Rumph being an alum is nice, but he is quickly developing into one of the better young coaches in the area. Honestly thought he'd stay at AHP longer, but when the big boys come calling you answer!

Your thoughts?

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• The biggest problem at public schools right now is 2 things. One, they are hiring radicals who are more interested in indoctrinating kids with extreme ideologies rather teaching them basic fundamental skills to become well rounded adults. And 2, they are not getting rid of the worst students who take from the kids who want to learn. If kids skip school they should be expelled. Drugs. Expelled. Fights. Expelled. They can stay home and do E-learning. But these public schools keep, and sometimes cover up crimes and poor behavior. Get rid of the kids who don’t want to learn. You gotta tighten the ship 
    • Better to have some kids thrive, then none. Every kid who goes to a private school and thrives is a net benefit to society. Plus your scenario assumes that the private schools don’t already have great teachers taking up all spots available 
    • I’m glad those recruiting rules don’t apply to Broward & Dade county…….
    • Or the private schools will use their combination of private money and public money (i.e., vouchers) to hire away the best teachers, leaving the rest at the public schools to teach those who don't have the resources -- even with the vouchers -- to send their kids to private schools.  Of course, if this happens, there might be a few folks who will brag that it all worked out the way it was planned.  
    • Yeah, if you're in a in a program that has accountability and structure the season never really ends. January to August is when you win championships. I just hope the fans understand and respect that. The coaches should be paid accordingly for the time, effort and sacrifice they put in for the school and football program. Oh, and that 100 degree heat aint no joke for the players, trainers and coaches.
  • Popular Contributors