Niceville

s1nglewing

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Southfork 68 Olympic Heights 22
    • Went to the Friday jamboree at Palm Beach Gardens. Miami Norland, Coconut Creek, Delray Atlantic and Fort Pierce Westwood played.  Norland edged Creek 6-0 in 2 quarters on a TD pass with around 10 seconds to go in the opening segment. Up next was Creek v Westwood. Creek got out to a quick 13-0 lead, but Westwood settled in and cut it to 13-7 and had a good shot to tie or win at the end.  Norland v Atlantic was next and in an entertaining 2 quarters, Norland came away with (IIRC) a 27 13 win that featured a lot of big plays.  Atlantic and Westwood finished the evening, pretty much dominating things and leading 20-6 when we left with around 4 minutes to go.  Random thoughts - I thought Norland was the best team by a decent margin. Creek played them tough, but couldn't get anything going at all on offense against Norland OR Westwood. Atlantic's offense was productive, especially the passing game. Westwood shot themselves in the foot multiple times with penalties (an OPI wiped out a TD pass and a defensive holding wiped out an interception) and turnovers (threw two pick sixes). Still, Westwood has some size up front and some decent skill people. Jabari Monds had a nice 4 quarters of action. Side note - Why in the world did they start this at 4:00 on a day where it was 93 with a heat index of 106? They could've started at 6:00 and still got everything finished by 10:30.  I thought about going back in the morning for the Treasure Coast, Palm Beach Gardens, Miramar, Hialeah and Homestead segment, but it started at 8:00 and I was zapped from sitting in the heat. Being an old man sucks sometimes.  
    • Mosley 28, FL High 14 (half) Mosley 14, Choctaw 0 (half)
    • North Bay Haven 34, Lighthouse 12
  • Popular Contributors