ESPN will air some good match ups to start the season

Cat_Scratch

I am not complaining about the level of competition, those are both top ten programs.  I just get sick of hearing folks in Texas and California talk about their top programs, but when the opportunities come to play they back out, or there are scheduling conflicts.  Those TX and CA games have been hard to get since Armwood smacked Bishop Gorman and Central beat up on Katy.

FL doens't play many big name schools out in the central/western parts of the US for one reason: money. 

Even some big name private schools in Florida can't get the funds together to take a trip to California or Utah. So, they settle for Ohio, Georgia, the Carolinas, etc. Sure, you get one or two here and there that make the trip (publics included) but it's not that many. 

And sometimes it's the non-Florida schools that don't want the game. Or, you get a Florida school who thinks they are the best team in the whole world year in and year out and make silly demands. 

Hey Tigerfan1, the Wakulla - Trenton game should be a lot of fun.  I think both teams lost some talented players from last year but it sounds like both will be good again this year.  I love that the game is being played on a Saturday night.  When I originally saw that...I thought maybe it was being looked at for a regional telecast.  Do you know of any particular reason why they chose to play on Saturday night??  I expect a very large crowd for that game...I would think a lot of neutral fans will show up just to get to see a good matchup.

I am not sure why those choose a Saturday but i did hear some talk about it being the week before college football kicked off and with no other football being played in the area they thought it would be great way to insure a very large crowd. We did graduate one of the largest classes we have ever had but we still have a few play makers and large D line with 2 kids going over 300 pounds and few more getting close to the 300 range. We had a hard time getting games with schools our size so Wakulla was good fit  

Tigerfan1, I like Saturday night although I think there would have been a good crowd for this game on Friday night too.  Saturday night does provide a little more time to make the drive over without being rushed.  Really excited about this game...I bet the atmosphere will be electric!

I think it will be, I just hope we can make a good account of our self against a power house like Wakulla. Trenton has only lost 2 regular season games in 5 years and they both came at the hands of Dixie County so i expect the boys and the fans will be fired up, Most of the time for the big games there will be large group of tailgaters show up 3 hours early and play music until kickoff. 

I think it will be, I just hope we can make a good account of our self against a power house like Wakulla. Trenton has only lost 2 regular season games in 5 years and they both came at the hands of Dixie County so i expect the boys and the fans will be fired up, Most of the time for the big games there will be large group of tailgaters show up 3 hours early and play music until kickoff. 

It sounds like it's going to be a great atmosphere...I plan on getting there fairly early to ensure that I get a good seat.  I hope we make a good account of ourselves too.  I think Trenton has proved that they can play with anyone.